collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Translucent Ponies?  (Read 6828 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Translucent Ponies?
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 08:28:04 PM »
Haha, well I wasn't gonna say it at first but I guess I will: 6 years later they finally, finally come out with the translucent wave!  :brow:
I would have cared about this so much more a couple years ago.  ^^; Just like I probably would have bought the EqG minis if they would have come out in the beginning and not now. I still want Coloratura but I find myself only really wishing for normal, gimmick-free ponies anymore...

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 09:26:35 PM »
Haha, well I wasn't gonna say it at first but I guess I will: 6 years later they finally, finally come out with the translucent wave!  :brow:
I would have cared about this so much more a couple years ago.  ^^; Just like I probably would have bought the EqG minis if they would have come out in the beginning and not now. I still want Coloratura but I find myself only really wishing for normal, gimmick-free ponies anymore...
This is actually a Gimmick I like XD Mostly because G1 had Translucent ponies too
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2016, 10:20:51 PM »
So much want! I love these! I love the translucent/pearly look. I'm thrilled for another new character and I don't mind buying more mane 6 if they are different like these.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 12:55:15 PM »
I LOVE the translucent ponies- I have an entire cabinet dedicated to translucent ponies only, it looks like a sparkly candy explosion :D

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 01:03:09 PM »
Congratulations, Hasbro. You made another G4 pony I want to buy!

I wonder if the glitter will be mixed with the plastic or glued on. Anyways, yay for translucent ponies!

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2016, 01:47:28 PM »
I like them! I'm still pretty done with G4 ponies, so I don't see myself picking one up, but that may change if there is a nice looking Rarity or SunShim around the corner.

I'm wondering about the hair on these. I've been hearing that the poseable ponies don't have the regular nylon hair (and I was SO excited for them too), so I hope that isn't going to be the new norm.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2016, 03:48:40 PM »
I like them! I'm still pretty done with G4 ponies, so I don't see myself picking one up, but that may change if there is a nice looking Rarity or SunShim around the corner.

I'm wondering about the hair on these. I've been hearing that the poseable ponies don't have the regular nylon hair (and I was SO excited for them too), so I hope that isn't going to be the new norm.

What do you mean by not having regular nylon hair? :blink:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Heart891011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2016, 04:16:46 PM »

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2016, 04:40:17 PM »
They sort of look like a crystalized version of the actual pony version, like the ponies were when the Crystal Empire first appeared and everyone was crystalized for a second when King Sombra was destroyed.  I'd have to see it in person but I think Rarity might be pretty if they made her.

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2016, 04:57:20 PM »

Maybe I'm wrong (I would be pretty happy if I was), I have yet to see or hold one of them in person, but I've heard people compare the mane quality/texture to the hair they've been using for the tails.

The only post-wedding series pony I have is FS SunShim, and her tail suffers from the new hair and I am not a fan of it at all. I'm just hoping they were being cheap for the poseable ponies in preference of the joints and it's not a permanent switch.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go off topic on this set. It's interesting that there is also a Starlight Glimmer too. Her third release already, I guess she is going to be a regular character on the show?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 05:32:15 PM by aluke »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2016, 05:25:50 PM »
Well there is the first wave unless there will be 6 ponies.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2016, 06:08:17 PM »

Maybe I'm wrong (I would be pretty happy if I was), I have yet to see or hold one of them in person, but I've heard people compare the mane quality/texture to the hair they've been using for the tails.

The only post-wedding series pony I have is FS SunShim, and her tail suffers from the new hair and I am not a fan of it at all. I'm just hoping they were being cheap for the poseable ponies in preference of the joints and it's not a permanent switch.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go off topic on this set. It's interesting that there is also a Starlight Glimmer too. Her third release already, I guess she is going to be a regular character on the show?

Eesh. -_-'
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2016, 06:38:03 PM »
Starlight Glimmer?! And Coloratura!?! If they add Holly Dash, this will be my dream release....... DO IT, HASBRO!!!! And send them to the US!!!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2016, 06:55:01 PM »

Eesh. -_-'
If they are changing then it's likely Polypropylene doll hair.. not the nicest stuff to put on ponies. with short hair.. but it could be a poor quality of that type of hair because the Poly I have from RDUS is not really that bad... but I don't care to work with it...

I'm hoping for a lot of new characters in this type. Think about some of the customs people will make XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2016, 07:29:42 PM »
Not sure on the translucent plastic  :huh: the G3 divine shine aged poorly and they look nasty now and they are just 10 years old  -_-

Is great to see a non main six  :) , however I hope we can see a mon translucent release of her

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal