collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Traveling Pony Safety  (Read 393 times)

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
Traveling Pony Safety
« on: July 07, 2014, 07:15:23 AM »
I really like the people who take ponies with them when they go to places, but I've always been nervous I would damage the pony if I did that.  What do you do to ensure the safety of your stalwart pony companions?  Do you have a special bag you carry them in, do you take an already baity pony? Tell me all your secrets!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
Re: Traveling Pony Safety
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 07:46:45 AM »
 I've done it a couple of times. Whenever I go storm spotting I bring along my G1 Tornado and G4 Rainbow Dash, hoping I can get them in a pic' with a tornado in the background. I usually put them in my camera bag.

I took a bunch of ponies to this year's and last year's Midwest Brony Fest. For stock ponies I just put them in the various pockets of my bookbag. For my customs, I use a bit of stylish protection: :P

I take this 1:32 scale truck with me also, and it's just tall enough for G4 brushables (except princesses). The first time I took a flat sheet of balsa wood about 1/8" thick, and glued dowels into it big enough to fit in the holes on the hooves. I then slid the ponies into the trailer.  It keeps them pretty secure. This year I simply used rubber bands to anchor them to the balsa. Despite having to put the trailer in my backpack vertically, they always stayed put.
 I guess it works too because on the 2nd day of this year's con, I put the truck in my suitcase so I could take other stuff in my backpack. The suitcase was in the trunk when I got into that accident. The force knocked it across the trunk and broke apart the zipper along one side, and threw everything including the truck to that side of the case (I had clothes in it too). It did break a tiny part of the trailer off, but all of my customs including my fragile Flutterbat survived unharmed.

For custom princesses I just wrap them good in paper towels before putting them in my backpack.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 07:55:17 AM »
i took    funko mini  dr hooves with me to texas. it was fun! and  i just puth im in my backpack.  the rest of the time whenin teh car he sat in moms   cup holder.

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 08:15:25 AM »
I've done it a couple of times. Whenever I go storm spotting I bring along my G1 Tornado and G4 Rainbow Dash, hoping I can get them in a pic' with a tornado in the background. I usually put them in my camera bag.

You are very brave!! Tornado makes me relaly anxious  ;)
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 10:46:09 AM »

I took a bunch of ponies to this year's and last year's Midwest Brony Fest. For stock ponies I just put them in the various pockets of my bookbag. For my customs, I use a bit of stylish protection: :P

I take this 1:32 scale truck with me also, and it's just tall enough for G4 brushables (except princesses). The first time I took a flat sheet of balsa wood about 1/8" thick, and glued dowels into it big enough to fit in the holes on the hooves. I then slid the ponies into the trailer.  It keeps them pretty secure. This year I simply used rubber bands to anchor them to the balsa. Despite having to put the trailer in my backpack vertically, they always stayed put.
 I guess it works too because on the 2nd day of this year's con, I put the truck in my suitcase so I could take other stuff in my backpack. The suitcase was in the trunk when I got into that accident. The force knocked it across the trunk and broke apart the zipper along one side, and threw everything including the truck to that side of the case (I had clothes in it too). It did break a tiny part of the trailer off, but all of my customs including my fragile Flutterbat survived unharmed.

For custom princesses I just wrap them good in paper towels before putting them in my backpack.

That. Is. Adorable.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 10:51:16 AM »
That pony truck is certainly the most unique method of keeping the ponies safe I've ever seen! :lol:

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 11:48:49 AM »
My current "purse pony" is the mini retro Firefly that came out a few months ago.  She just goes in a little ziplock bag in a pocket of my purse that I don't use that often.  Sometimes her hair gets a bit messy, but never so bad that a quick brush doesn't help.  I also have a second mini Firefly that I keep nice for display just in case something happens to this one to damage her or what not.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 12:37:49 PM »
I haven't really taken ponies anywhere (recently, heh heh), but I take action figures out a lot.  I usually use a piece of fleece to wrap them in and then tuck that in my pocket or purse.  I think that would work for ponies but it might mess up their hairstyle  :huh:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 12:40:00 PM »
I think that they are quite tough girls to be honest I mean they were originally kids toys.  ;)

we just stuck them down with a bit of blue tack to the dash of the car. these girls managed to get down through england, all of france, over the pyrenees mountains and to southern spain in one piece. and they were dragged out for photo ops along the way too (hence the bad hair day)   

and when they were not in the car they had a fod bag for outside world just so they they did not get any rub marks from anything in the my mums hand bag

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 01:12:38 PM »
I just accept that damage is possible and make sure I never take a pony with me that I would be devastated about if he or she got a little damaged. If you decide to take a pony you need to be careful of, I would suggest wrapping in something like a white/cream pillow case and they should be protected that way as they travel about...so long as nothing heavy can press against them.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 04:05:37 PM »
I use a ziplock baggie usually.. however my poor Kiwi Tart got loose and got a bit stained from my backpack on a wet NZ day in Tauranga. It happens, unfortunately. Never take  pony who you'd be devastated to damage.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »
I have never taken any ponies with me any were. I love them but not sure if I want to worry about them.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 07:28:29 PM »
My custom of my Ponysona has been all over the world and man, is she beat up. XD I think if it doesn't have sculpting/FBR (like mine  :lookround:) it shouldn't be too bad. Just keep a brush handy and think about braiding the mane/tail. It's amazing how out-of-control the hair can get when traveling.

Keep your pony in a bag or padded box by themselves so they don't get marked up by other things you take with you.

That truck is super cute!

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 07:09:51 AM »

That. Is. Adorable.

Thanks. :P It was all because one morning as I was leaving work, I passed a truck that was getting ready to pick up a load there that actually had "Luna Trucking" on it.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 05:17:11 AM »
Is it possible to keep a pony inside a small container, like a box or a tupperware?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal