collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: shill bidding question  (Read 427 times)

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
shill bidding question
« on: December 09, 2014, 01:17:53 PM »
I'm bidding on a pony on ebay, but was outbid.  Wanting to scope out my competition, I clicked their name, and it is telling me that 100% of their bids have been with this seller.  This buyer only has a few transactions.  I guess it's possible?  I haven't run into this before.
I would be very sad if this were the case.
Thoughts?   :huh:

Maybe I am overthinking this, or maybe i am misunderstanding what i am seeing?  I'm just feeling uncomfortable now.  It is a shame.  It was a lovely custom, but I think I'm just going to let it go.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:28:28 PM by amazonarabian »
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: shill bidding question
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 03:52:07 PM »
It is possible - I came across a similar situation myself more than once with items on ebay I was bidding on :( 
If you think it looks suspicious, report it to ebay and they'll check it out - the only problem is that while shill bidding is not allowed , in some cases I've known them to turn a blind eye and do nothing. Still worth a shot though  :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: shill bidding question
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »
Thank you.  I had no idea how to handle it, and wasn't sure what to do, if anything.  I appreciate the advice, and will pass it off to ebay for them to handle or not at their discretion.

I'm a little sad I missed out on her, but I think my suspicions and salty feelings regarding the whole situation would have put a grey, rainy cloud over her plot of shelf space had I continued to bid.  I'm willing to pay well, but I have never felt uncomfortable over the legitimacy of a bid before.  Then again, it was the first time I thought, Hey!  I can check out my competition! 
I guess I'll be doing that more often from now on.  :read:
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal