collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Poor Doll!  (Read 3107 times)

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
My Poor Doll!
« on: March 26, 2012, 04:28:26 PM »
UPDATE:  The seller refunded me the $12.10 but she did not apologize.  I actually went to send her a thank-you but she blocked me.  So I decided to leave her Neutral feedback:

Doll's head was loose and would not stay up; seller gave refund but no apology

This is a non-MLP item, so I hope that is okay.  I bought this baby face doll, Charlene, off ebay from a seller with 100% feedback. The seller stated nothing was wrong with her (in the listing and thru messages with her). 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350546349900?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Dear pudkin99,

Hi!  How are her eye lashes?  Does she have any marks on her body?

- dizzydaisygirl
Dear dizzydaisygirl,

Eyes are great and body is OK it is covered.

- pudkin99

But when I received her today, I saw her head is almost falling off!  The dolls are stringed together, but the head part is loose and her head will not stay up!  I am sooo disappointed because I paid $72 with shipping for her.

I found a website that sells a re-stringing kit for the dolls--it costs $12.10 with shipping.  So I asked the ebay seller to refund me for the restringing kit.  I want to keep the doll, but I think I should be compenstated for false description.

Do you think its fair what I'm asking the seller to do?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:34:45 AM by apanda0622 »

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My Poor Doll!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 04:33:35 PM »
I think so!
The seller should have noted in the description that she needed to be restrung!
I hope everything works out for you, she's a real cutie!!
:3

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 05:19:07 PM »
She's a real cutie alright!  Congrats but sorry she's not as described :huh:

I think you are being more than fair on the amount you asked back for.  I hope your seller agrees.

If so good luck on your project and please post pics.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »
I think you are being fair too :bigups:   . The seller should definitely have noted that her head was loose in the listing and in her reply to you. In fact in the pictures the doll is positioned to make her look as though there is nothing wrong with the string holding up the head  :huh: 
She is a very sweet doll :heart:  I hope that the seller agrees to work things out with you. Please let us know how it goes :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline apanda0622

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 06:34:01 AM »
I think you are being fair too :bigups:   . The seller should definitely have noted that her head was loose in the listing and in her reply to you. In fact in the pictures the doll is positioned to make her look as though there is nothing wrong with the string holding up the head  :huh: 
She is a very sweet doll :heart:  I hope that the seller agrees to work things out with you. Please let us know how it goes :hug:

I'm glad everyone thinks I handled it well.  I tried not to get too mad since it is fixable.  I updated my first post.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 09:52:59 AM »
I wouldn't have left her neutral.  She complied with everything you asked for, you got to keep the doll, and the doll was fixable. 

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 11:46:11 AM »
I wouldn't have left her neutral.  She complied with everything you asked for, you got to keep the doll, and the doll was fixable. 

I wouldn't consider that a positive transaction..

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline apanda0622

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 01:03:44 PM »

Yes, that is all true but I think she intentionally mislead me by not stating the head was soo loose.  There is no way she could have not noticed it, and she sells so many baby face dolls to know that is not how the head is supposed to be.  I paid $72 and for the condition of the doll, that is too much.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 02:44:27 PM »
Ah, yes, if she does sell tons of them then she knows better.  In that case, sure, neutral.  I had the impression she was just a random seller, not someone who should know what she's doing.  :P

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 02:50:13 PM »
I think the neutral feed back was the right way to go.
Especially since she blocked you. Regardless if a sale goes bad or well,  the seller should always be courteous to the buyer.
The seller hurt herself by not apologizing and blocking you, it makes her look unprofessional.
word of mouth travels fast, especially when  the internet is involved.
Glad everything worked out for you!!
 :lovey:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 06:39:21 PM »
I'm glad she refunded you but ugh! *is not impressed at all at the sellers behaviour  after that  :throw: :(  * 
The neutral was deserved IMO :bigups:

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline apanda0622

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 06:32:13 AM »
I'm glad she refunded you but ugh! *is not impressed at all at the sellers behaviour  after that  :throw: :(  * 
The neutral was deserved IMO :bigups:

This lady just won't admit she was wrong!  Here is her response to my neutral feedback:

Reply by pudkin99 (Mar-27-12 15:47):
I take pictures, no problem with heads, Made in 1990. I try to be thorough.

What does it being made in 1990 have to do with it?  I buy baby face dolls all the time used and never had a problem.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 07:29:37 PM »
Maybe she thinks that since it was made in 1990 it would have an expectation of being lose? I don't know.

Also, I just want to say that her description was somewhat accurate. It says "good condition" and that she may miss something but she doesn't see anything wrong with it.

I imagine that people that buy from her are probably more lenient collectors since she it looks like she has a very good record. If you want to purchase from someone who has a one-line description, don't be upset if they think a doll is still in good condition even though the head may flop (in her photos it looks like it can stay up if you position it).

This may be why she blocked you.

Now, if she had a whole paragraph about the doll and stated all the faults and missed that one then I would be on your side.

But the doll is in "good" condition. Anyone would agree to that. Many people might now know how stiff the head is going to be.

I know everyone here is mad at the seller but I really think that people need to just not buy from sellers with one line descriptions unless you are a non-picky collector. Or, ask a million questions first so they do fully describe the doll.

Also, if she said the doll was in mint condition I would be on your side as well. As it stands, she said good condition. And that is true. So her auction was not entirely incorrect.

Offline apanda0622

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 11:27:55 AM »
Maybe she thinks that since it was made in 1990 it would have an expectation of being lose? I don't know.

Also, I just want to say that her description was somewhat accurate. It says "good condition" and that she may miss something but she doesn't see anything wrong with it.

I imagine that people that buy from her are probably more lenient collectors since she it looks like she has a very good record. If you want to purchase from someone who has a one-line description, don't be upset if they think a doll is still in good condition even though the head may flop (in her photos it looks like it can stay up if you position it).

This may be why she blocked you.

Now, if she had a whole paragraph about the doll and stated all the faults and missed that one then I would be on your side.

But the doll is in "good" condition. Anyone would agree to that. Many people might now know how stiff the head is going to be.

I know everyone here is mad at the seller but I really think that people need to just not buy from sellers with one line descriptions unless you are a non-picky collector. Or, ask a million questions first so they do fully describe the doll.

Also, if she said the doll was in mint condition I would be on your side as well. As it stands, she said good condition. And that is true. So her auction was not entirely incorrect.

In the listing picture, the doll's head APPEARS to be fine, but she positioned it like that.  So I had no reason to ask if her head was loose.  To get the doll's head loose, just didn't happen in the mail, it is from a long time of playing with the doll.  So this lady knew about the loose head, she sells baby face dolls all the time.  Its her responsibility as the seller to describe the item accurately--if its a few words or a whole page.  She knew the doll in good condition was worth $64 plus shipping, and this lady knows that the head falling off is not worth $64.  If I had paid maybe $20 for the doll and the head was loose, it would not be so bad.  But I was intentionally misled by this seller.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 05:19:40 PM »
In the listing picture, the doll's head APPEARS to be fine, but she positioned it like that.  So I had no reason to ask if her head was loose.  To get the doll's head loose, just didn't happen in the mail, it is from a long time of playing with the doll.  So this lady knew about the loose head, she sells baby face dolls all the time.  Its her responsibility as the seller to describe the item accurately--if its a few words or a whole page.  She knew the doll in good condition was worth $64 plus shipping, and this lady knows that the head falling off is not worth $64.  If I had paid maybe $20 for the doll and the head was loose, it would not be so bad.  But I was intentionally misled by this seller.

I agree. This is someone who knows what she is selling, not a newbie, or someone selling something she knows nothing about as a one-off. That head wouldnt naturally be the way it is in those pics unless the seller positioned/balanced it that way (since the strings are really loose!), which means she knew it was loose, and wasnt worth such a high price in that condition.   The auction was misleading. Yes she didnt give a whole long description, but she knew about that fault.  Its a fault that would have been obvious to a seller/collector of these dolls, and also to a buyer (if the head hadnt been placed to look like the strings were tight) :awake:    . Plus you actually messaged her about the condition of the doll. She should have mentioned the loose head then.  I still believe that you handled this in the right way, and that the seller was at fault. Yes she did refund you.... but if she had made a genuine mistake , she should have talked it through with you,  admitted her mistake and apologised , not just blocked you . Plus it sounds like she lied about the condition in her response to your feedback because she said there were "no problems with heads" :whoa:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:22:36 PM by Ringlets »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal