collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: RANDOM SWAP - *COMPLETED*  (Read 77576 times)

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM "other collections" SWAP SIGN UP's - Ending 1/28
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2013, 11:07:43 PM »
to pass the time, does anyone want to show pics of their collections so far?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2013, 11:12:21 PM »
not sure if the coins will show up, but i'll post a few of mine. (gotta take pictures)

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2013, 11:46:10 PM »
Here's some photos of my Hobbit and Lotr collections ^^

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM \"other collections\" SWAP SIGN UP\'s - Ending 1/28
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2013, 12:31:53 AM »
ooook, here we go...

these 2 eagles are in the mail currently:

and this card kit is in the mail also:

this is the wallet i currently use:

my angry birds GRAIL! the mighty eagle plush! scored him for only $35!!!!! makes me love him even more!

these are my slippers, my shirt, my purse (a backpack), some fake nails, and rings i got off a cupcake.

my king piggy bank, some coloring books, a color kit, stickers, valentines, my almost complete card collection, and a small mp3 player.

eraser army, hot wheels birds and pigs, money card holders

my small plush army. i'll be getting about 3 or 4 more red birds tomorrow

this is a tooth brush stand i took from work. i don't have any of the tooth brushes, but they let me keep the box so i could hang up all my goodies.

key chains, cell phone charms, mashems, a red bird light, a bath set, nail polish sets, a watch, hand sanitizer, bath gels, coin purses with lip gloss, lip balms, mirrors, and a brush. the red lip balm was the hardest to track down. i had bought one, then opened and used it and by the time i went back to work to get another sealed one for my collection, they were all gone. my co-worker found one about an hour away at another dollar general and she grabbed it for me! :D yay sam!

i also have a pair of red bird earrings in, that another co-worker got me for christmas! :D but i don't have a pic right off.

Post Merge: January 25, 2013, 12:36:12 AM

i don't mind getting doubles of any plushes or anything. i found the little red birds, blue birds, and black birds at dollar generals for only $5! i mostly found red birds, but keep my eyes peeled for any other ones. as far as i know, the red, blue, and black are the only ones dollar general released. (which are half the price of one in a regular store)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 12:36:14 AM by Varkolak »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2013, 01:27:21 AM »
I'll try to get some pics of my collections this weekend. :D  I've been meaning to clean up some of my Little Pretties anyways, so this will give me motivation. And a good use to play with my new digicam again!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2013, 03:44:19 AM »
How much are we going to lay on extras? i'm in the 40 dollar swap.. so is it like 5 dollar extra or 1 dollar... or 10? or what? :) thanks

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2013, 04:10:07 AM »
There are pictures of my collections in my wishlist post :)

I usually think 5-10it is appropriate for extras. Not sure if we are doing that in addition to the 25 and 40 or if it should be included? Lol I will most likely do "in addition to" because I overspend anyhow xD

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2013, 05:19:55 AM »
Well... Here's a glimpse of my np collection. XD
Spoiler
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2013, 06:08:09 AM »
1) would you rather have the whole budget go towards one item or several cheaper items?  Generally I prefer quality over quantity.  I would prefer fewer items in mint condition rather than more items in worse condition.
2) Would you like to receive candy as an extra? If so what do you like?  Yes, but not too much because I'm trying to cut down, lol!  My Fiance and I love Haribo gummies (the fizzy Colas especially)! 
3) Would you like any pony themed items as extras?   Yes please! 
4) If your partner is having trouble finding the "other collections" items, would you accept ponies instead?
    If so, please list at least 10 ponies with value within your price catagory.
    describe acceptable flaws
  Yes, ponies would be acceptable.  I am currently looking for:
-- 4 Speed, Quarterback, Starry Wings, Sand Digger, Newborn twins Puddles and Peeks, Bubbles, Baby Countdown, Baby Racer, Baby Leaper
--Generally, I'm pretty picky.  Ponies absolutely cannot have any pindot, tailrust, cancer, or strange odors.  No major rubs, and should be able to stand firmly on their own. 

Wishlist of Things I collect:

Monster High:   This is my active collection right now, so I don't really want to add dolls on here so that I can still hunt for them myself ;)  However, handmade clothing or other items from etsy would be really awesome!  My favorite ghoul is Lagoona, followed by Ghoulia, Cleo and Abbey.  I'd also love to start collecting Monster High trading cards!

Totoro:  I love ANY and ALL things Totoro :)  Plush, stationary, kitchen and housewares, you name it!  I have a few plush toys and a bento box at the moment, but that's it. 

Alice in Wonderland:  I have the Pullips Fantastic and Golden Alice, as well as a Tonner Alice doll :)  I also have some porcelain salt shakers of various characters, but I'd love things like tea cups, tea pots, stationary, etc.  Can be Disney's Alice, Tim Burton's Alice, or classic/book Alice. 

Tangled: I have a small collection of Tangled dolls, squinkies, books and the Panini sticker album. 

Rapunzel shelf by Owlipoppet, on Flickr
More Tangled merchandise would be great, like stickers, journals, cute plush, etc.  I'm not a big fan of the Mattel dolls and toys though; I prefer the Disney store toys :)  I also have the Rapunzel Animators' Collection Toddler doll, and the Pascal wedding plush, although they're not pictured here. 
--As for specific items, I would like this Pascal plush:  http://www.disneystore.com/pascal-mini-bean-bag-plush-tangled-8/mp/1326672/1000267/

Doctor Who blind bag figures:  I don't have any from Series three yet (http://www.doctorwhotoys.net/characterbuildingseries3.htm).  These come blind bagged, so getting a few of these would be great!

Star Wars: I have a small collection of Star Wars figures that I use for photoshoots :) 

Dude, that is SO not what I meant when I said, &quot;Bring some chicks to the party&quot;! by Owlipoppet, on Flickr
The new figures are so poseable and photogenic ^_^  I generally try to collect characters from the original trilogy, as well as female figures, because it just generally isn't a girl-heavy line.  Note that any figures need to be either new or in mint condition.  Specific figures I would like to receive include: 
--Clone Wars Ahsoka in scuba gear (http://www.rebelscum.com/CW15-Ahsoka_Scuba_Gear.asp),
--Princess Kneesa from the Toysrus Ewok pack (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12885955#soldInStore),
--Vintage Collection Gamorrean Guard (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=JReviews&rop=showcontent&id=545),
--additional Stormtroopers (http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Vintage-Figure-Stormtrooper/dp/B004Y7UOQK/ref=pd_sim_t_6) or Sandtroopers (http://www.amazon.com/Sandtrooper-Star-Wars-Vintage-Collection/dp/B0089QJCBU/ref=pd_sbs_t_2) are always good too
--As for actual vintage figures from the 80s, I'd love to have more Leia figures.  I currently have "cinnamon bun" Leia in the white dress, as well as her Boussh disguise, but not any others.  Loose is fine, of course, but i like my vintage figures as minty as possible (C8 or C9).
--I think the Star Wars "fighter pods" are cute (similar to Squinkies) and I don't have any yet, so that'd also be fun.  Would love a tiny Leia.
--Oh and I love the new Angry Birds Stars Wars!  So cute!  Any of the plushies, especially Leia, would be awesome!

Lego:  Any sets or figures from the Star Wars (original trilogy), Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, or Castle lines would be fun.  My fiance and I also enjoy the Lego blind bag figures, after I got him a few for stocking stuffers this Christmas (specifically, the Lederhosen guy with pretzel, Musketeer, or Gnome would be awesome!).   As for specific items or sets:
--Minifigures of Leia, Han, Stormtroopers, Onaconda Farr, Barriss Offee, Legolas.  Please note that I would like actual minifigures, NOT figures that have been removed from a keyring or magnet (these are molded as one piece and can't be separated like normal minifigures)
--Droid Escape http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Droid-Escape/dp/B005VPRFSY/ref=sr_1_14?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1359355229&sr=1-14&keywords=lego+star+wars
--Gandalf Arrives  http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Rings-Hobbit-Gandalf-Arrives/dp/B007Q0OQF2/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1359355426&sr=1-2&keywords=lego+lord+of+the+rings

Owls:  I have a few different glass, ceramic and carved stone owl figurines (sort of like these http://retroartglass.com/store/item/35ryw/Glass_Archives/Fenton_Art_Glass_white_satin_owl_figurine.html), and I'm always looking for more cute owls to add.  Paper Source has a bunch of owl items that I just adore:  https://search.paper-source.com/index/_/N-/Ntt-owl?vno=95

Pugs:  My fiance loves Pugs because he used to have one :)  We don't have the time or space right now for a dog, but I'm always on the lookout for cute Pug merchandise for him.  Stuffed animals are fine, or other pug-related office and desk supplies that he can take with him to work. 

Other Questions:
Favorite animal: Owls, Pugs, Dragons
Animals you don't like: Snakes, Insects
Favorite color/colors: Mint green/aqua
Do you have animals? Nope
Stuff you don't want: No lotions, perfume or makeup/lip gloss please!  Kind of picky about those ;) 
Colors you don't like: Bright primary colors
Do you like jewelry like earrings, necklace? No earrings or really "quirky" jewelry please.  I'm always looking for interesting statement necklaces that go nicely with little black dresses and such for the office though :)
What do you want for extras? Some candy and other small trinket items
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:06:57 PM by Daiyuflower »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2013, 06:24:35 AM »
Wow this thread exploded overnight! lol *reads up on the three pages she missed*

I'm so happy to read about people going over their spending limits and really trying their hardest to make their partners happy. I do the same thing! ^_^ One reason I usually pick the smaller cost group for these swaps is that I tend to go overboard on spending so I'd much rather go overboard on a smaller amount like $25 than a large amount like $40 lol. I just don't keep track of how much things cost when I go shopping! XD I start thinking "Ooo this'll go nice in the box! And this..and this..." And then I head for the cash register and realize I bought way too much haha.

The only photos I currently have of any of my collections is my G3 Dash Stash~

Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2013, 06:44:40 AM »
Well, here's some of my collections thus far:

Nerf guns - my fiancee has to take another photo sometime of it, the collection has grown considerably since this picture was taken:

Spoiler

Pokemon TCG - I currently have at least 3 binders chocked full of cards... there's not much to see beyond that ^^;

My Little Pony G4 - My pride and joy :) it's gotten so big since I joined the arena! I'll have to take a picture when the other 4 packages I am expecting come in.

Fluttershy Army - This is and offshoot from my G4 Collection, it is a collection of all things Fluttershy. I currently have:

-Wedding Invitation Fluttershy (she and Wedding Invitation Rarity were my first ponies I bought)
-2011 McDonalds Fluttershy (I need to get her stand)
-Glimmer Wings Fluttershy
-Crystal Empire Fluttershy (from the Bath Set)
-Fashion Style Fluttershy

And on it's way:
-Traveling Single Fluttershy (hopefully MIB)
-2012 McDonalds Fluttershy (needs keyring)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 06:58:58 AM by CottonTALE »

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 25, 2013, 06:56:35 AM »
Nerf guns - my fiancee has to take another photo sometime of it, the collection has grown considerably since this picture was taken:

CottonTALE, you keep linking the Nerf collection to a Dr. Who gif.  :lol:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2013, 06:57:49 AM »
CottonTALE, you keep linking the Nerf collection to a Dr. Who gif.  :lol:
I know... my baby trolled me... I fixed it though
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:11:44 AM by CottonTALE »

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2013, 07:09:38 AM »
Quick question can we add to our wish lists?
I'm been tweaking mine almost every day.  I don't think it matters until we're assigned our partners on the 29th.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM \"other collections\" SWAP SIGN UP\'s - Ending 1/28
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2013, 07:15:11 AM »
oooh, I like Dr who....

anyways
How much are we going to lay on extras? i'm in the 40 dollar swap.. so is it like 5 dollar extra or 1 dollar... or 10? or what? :) thanks

Its up to you. In theory, I get the main items and then whatever is left - I spend on extras. However, this never really works and I tend to over spend a little.

I would say about $5 is a good amount for extras. For the X mas swap on the MLPTP - my partner had tea, hot coco and postcards listed. Since I had all those items, I spend the budget on her ponies because she wanted them as mint as possible and trying to find some of them like that was a challange. I sent like 15 postcards that I bought in my various travels and sent an assortment of herbal teas and hot coco - which I also had.

Post Merge: January 25, 2013, 07:17:21 AM

Quote from: ember86 on Today at 12:42:56 PM

Quick question can we add to our wish lists?

I'm been tweaking mine almost every day.  I don't think it matters until we're assigned our partners on the 29th.

feel free to add to it. We still have 3 days for signups. 

I have 2 angry bird items -  the yellow one as a ey chain anad another set with a squishy yellow bird and the slingshot. Other then that there are 2 parakeets in the living room that I want to fling out the window :mad: They are always squaking at each other. LOUDLY
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:23:14 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal