collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Global Shipping Program - Got Questions?Here are the Answers.  (Read 4497 times)

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
Global Shipping Program - Got Questions?Here are the Answers.
« on: February 04, 2014, 11:24:19 PM »
I have just bought something on Ebay that I have been searching for for ages and the seller uses the Global SHipping Program, but agreed to change it when the auction ended. And now she doesnt know how to do it.. :(

This is her last message:

I am trying to figure out how to change it.  It shows that I offered another shipping service.  Any suggestions?

The seller has been so nice and I really want to pay her as soon as possible, but I just cant afford the GSP.. Please help me! Does anyone know how to change the shipping to "normal" international in the settings?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:39:44 AM by ponylady »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Global Shipping Program - need help!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 02:51:24 AM »
I am pretty sure it can't be changed once the sale is made. She may can call eBay and have them go around it, or the two of you can agree to cancel the transaction and she can relist it for you without the GSP.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
Global Shipping Program...?!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 07:18:08 AM »
*edit* See? I told you I'm not one to start new topics, apparently I don't even know how to  :blush: I could have sworn I pressed NEW! I'm so sorry Baby Mischief, I didn't mean to piggyback on your topic!

Hi all,
So, I am not one for starting new topics. I just like to add my two cents in when I can and sorta stay low key, but I am confused and down right P.O.-ed at this new program. And from what I can see, it's not even new, but people have been posting about it since last year?
That's why I'm confused. The thing is, I have never once been saddled ( :silly: ) with this bogus charge until recently in the last month, (and I have bought a bunch of stuff off of Ebay since last July.
I'm wondering, did Ebay make a mandatory "opt in" at the start of 2014 to everyone who hadn't changed their settings and some buyers don't even know it? I asked a seller recently about the "import charges that I have never seen before" and there was no response, so I don't know if they even knew about it?
I figured shipping for one pony at 14 bucks was a little extreme, and after doing a bit more research I finally realized what was going on. Makes me sad because this means my pony mail is going to come to a drastic halt from the U.S since Ebay has been my main track for getting ponies. (This was before I discovered the Arena, but I always seem to miss out on my ponies here!)
So I pose a question to the sellers who are knowingly using the GSP: Are you willing to work with a buyer if they do not want to purchase using the GSP? Or is it a "find another pony somewhere else" kinda deal?
Thanks for your input!
Shae

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:29:02 AM by slyons »

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Global Shipping Program~Got Questions?Here are the Answers.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 07:34:45 AM »
I am merging this with Baby Mischiefs thread, and going to add the many topics we already have on this subject. I have also changed the title of the thread. If you have a question on the subject, please post to this thread to keep things neat and tidy.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,315354.msg513893.html#msg513893

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,337091.msg884221.html#msg884221

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,348742.0.html

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,336432.0.html

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,344830.0.html

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,345682.0.html

No worries sylons, everyone else is just as confused  :P
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Global Shipping Program - Got Questions?Here are the Answers.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 08:35:25 AM »
I'm wondering, did Ebay make a mandatory "opt in" at the start of 2014 to everyone who hadn't changed their settings and some buyers don't even know it? I asked a seller recently about the "import charges that I have never seen before" and there was no response, so I don't know if they even knew about it?

So I pose a question to the sellers who are knowingly using the GSP: Are you willing to work with a buyer if they do not want to purchase using the GSP? Or is it a "find another pony somewhere else" kinda deal?

They automatically opted everyone in who didn't opt out. And as far as I know, every seller still can opt out of the program in their settings.

Take heart in knowing that not every U.S. seller uses this program. I definitely don't and I get A LOT of international buyers. I think they appreciate the fact that I use the first class international option and I have never had a problem. No buyer has had a problem waiting and no packages so far have gone astray. There are certain countries I do not ship to like Italy and with the exception of Arena shipping, I do not ship to Asian countries.

And I know there are some sellers out there willing to by-pass the GSP by calling eBay, but you must ask first if they know how and if they are willing to do so to avoid a conundrum or as Ponylady stated, they can also cancel the transaction and relist without the GSP if they are willing. I did that when I was opted in when I didn't realize that. Since then, of course, I changed that and opted out.

Offline Baby Mischief

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 09:53:21 AM »
Thanks Ponylady! I was looking for those threads, but I couldnt find them. (I cant seem to find anything I search for in the forum, I always go through google to find PC´s and stuff in here.. :blink:)
bluerose9978, is there any way to opt out once the auction has ended?

Post Merge: February 05, 2014, 09:54:57 AM

Oh, and slyons, dont worry about it! Our posts got merged, it wasnt you.. ^.^
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:54:57 AM by Baby Mischief »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 09:58:14 AM »
I've heard of sellers opting out after an auction ends by calling eBay for help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Offline Baby Mischief

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 10:27:57 AM »
OMG! I think I found the answer in the last thread!
Here is a qoute from MikeysGrrrl:

- Navigate to your "Purchase History"

- Locate the item that you purchased from madseizon

- Click on the link that says "1 bid" (located to the right of the winning bid amount)
- Find your winning bid and click "More Actions"
- Then select "Request total"

- Confirm the items and your address on the next screen and continue

By following these instructions, your seller will be able to issue an invoice with the shipping cost for the service they choose. This may lead to lower prices and/or more convenience for you and the seller.

I just did this and I think it worked, now I am just waiting for a response from the seller! :)

Post Merge: February 05, 2014, 11:31:08 AM

UPDATE:
It worked!!! :party: So if you are ever in my situation, just follow the steps and everything will work out, no need calling ebay or relist the item! Im so happy! :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:31:08 AM by Baby Mischief »

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 12:56:12 PM »
They automatically opted everyone in who didn't opt out. And as far as I know, every seller still can opt out of the program in their settings.

Take heart in knowing that not every U.S. seller uses this program. I definitely don't and I get A LOT of international buyers. I think they appreciate the fact that I use the first class international option and I have never had a problem. No buyer has had a problem waiting and no packages so far have gone astray. There are certain countries I do not ship to like Italy and with the exception of Arena shipping, I do not ship to Asian countries.

And I know there are some sellers out there willing to by-pass the GSP by calling eBay, but you must ask first if they know how and if they are willing to do so to avoid a conundrum or as Ponylady stated, they can also cancel the transaction and relist without the GSP if they are willing. I did that when I was opted in when I didn't realize that. Since then, of course, I changed that and opted out.

Okay, thanks for your input bluerose9978, it is much appreciated. That's basically what I wanted to know and makes me feel a bit better that there might be some sellers who are willing to work with me! When the shipping ends up costing me as much or more then my ponies there's gotta be a line!

Oh, and slyons, dont worry about it! Our posts got merged, it wasnt you.. ^.^

Thanks Ponylady! I was looking for those threads, but I couldnt find them. (I cant seem to find anything I search for in the forum, I always go through google to find PC´s and stuff in here.. :blink:)

Whew! I knew I couldn't have been that clueless! Sheesh.... :nuts:
(and I'm just glad I'm not the only one that has trouble searching for things on the forum)

And thanks for the merge Ponylady!

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 12:59:08 PM »
OMG! I think I found the answer in the last thread!
Here is a qoute from MikeysGrrrl:

- Navigate to your "Purchase History"

- Locate the item that you purchased from madseizon

- Click on the link that says "1 bid" (located to the right of the winning bid amount)
- Find your winning bid and click "More Actions"
- Then select "Request total"

- Confirm the items and your address on the next screen and continue

By following these instructions, your seller will be able to issue an invoice with the shipping cost for the service they choose. This may lead to lower prices and/or more convenience for you and the seller.

I just did this and I think it worked, now I am just waiting for a response from the seller! :)

Post Merge: February 05, 2014, 11:31:08 AM

UPDATE:
It worked!!! :party: So if you are ever in my situation, just follow the steps and everything will work out, no need calling ebay or relist the item! Im so happy! :biggrin:

Isn't that fabulous? I'm glad my post helped both you and your seller :)

It's amazing how many sellers have no clue that they are opted into this program at all, it's actually quite sad, I do think it hurts their sales to some degree.

Ariadna

• Trade Count: (0)
Global Shipping Program Question
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »
So regarding this program, if a US seller (for example) has an item listed that says 'Ships to US only', is it possible for me (in Australia) to still bid/purchase the item and have it sent to the GSP to them send to me? It's confusing me, I'm not entirely certain as to how it works :/

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Global Shipping Program Question
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 07:43:44 PM »
No, the seller has to be willing to ship overseas to have their auction qualify for the GSP.

Ariadna

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 07:52:15 PM »
Awww bummer :(

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 07:58:43 PM »
The GSP is a pain. I would avoid any seller who uses it anyway. There is a great thread already started that answers a lot of GSP questions if you have any others.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ariadna

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 08:18:09 PM »
Thank you Blue Rose for your help, I'll certainly seek it out if I have any other inquiries. Just a question, why do you avoid sellers using it? A tad dodgy is it?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal