collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Disney Thread~ Go see Wreck-It Ralph!  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Official Disney Thread~ Go see Wreck-It Ralph!
« on: December 02, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »
Official Disney Thread!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hi Arena members! I wanted to start a Disney thread for all things Disney because I just love it! And I wanted to share and talk about Disney with other fans (being that Arena is pretty much my only message board online!) I welcome all fans of anything and everything Disney! We can talk about anything in this thread that has to do with Disney, from movies, to merch, fan club, news, etc.!

Here are some discussion topics to consider for more focused conversation too!

• What are your favourite Disney films?
  • Who are your favourite Disney characters?
  • What was the last Disney-related purchase you made?
  • What are your best Disney memories?
  • What movies or characters do you dislike?
  • ARE YOU EXCITED FOR NEW FANTASYLAND
  • Thoughts the latest Disney news, games etc.

I grew up with Disney, watching the old Mickey/friends shorts, and of course the classics. I saw Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and the Lion King all in theatres when they first came out (those are the ones I remember best)! I think my first Disney film was Snow White, but I remember Cinderella the most vividly. My favourite Disney film is probably The Lion King but I love so many of them, and of course the Pixar films (Toy Story!)

Right now I'm into Brave and I just got myself a lot of Brave stuff during the Disney Store's Black Friday sales event! I got Classic Merida, the Elinor doll, giant stuffed bear Elinor, and a stuffed Angus. I also got the DVD/Blu-ray combo on sale for like 8$USD at Amazon. I was like SCREAM! :biggrin: I wish I could buy the LE (Limited Edition) Merida/Elinor set like burning  :cry: but I only work part-time (go to college at the same time) and I just bought family/fiancee presents, so I am dirt poor. BUT AH GODS I WANT IT.  -_- I love Merida and Elinor!!

The last Disney movie I saw was Wreck-it Ralph and eee I loved it!! Vanellope was AMAZING! I highly recommend this movie for strong and butt-kicking female characters! Sometimes Disney is bad in that area so I was like YES Disney you are doing it RIGHT!

:heart: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  :heart:

Does anyone here have a D23 membership?  ^.^ I don't live near the parks so I've been wondering if it's worth it if you don't live near theme, since a lot of the discounts/perks focus on the parks.

Some of my best Disney memories [being that it's the season!] are of Mickey's Christmas Carol which I watch every holiday season  :biggrin: I just love it so much, and of course the book, by Charles Dickens is also one of my favourites now that I'm ~grown-up~ (what's that mean).

Anyone else dying to go to New Fantasyland (new Disney park expansion)?  :dribble:

I'm still playing Epic Mickey 1 (haven't finished yet because my sister owns the Wii  :cry: ) I think it has horrible gameplay but I play it for kicks!

Did you guys hear that Disney bought Star Wars? OMGS! I am a friggin huge Star Wars fan...I love Disney but uhh...NOT sure how to feel here. Although I don't like Lucas either. I'm just sort of waiting to see what happens!

And of course, Disney definitely has it's drawbacks without it markets kids/specific genders which I think is SO annoying and really in some ways damaging.  :huh: But, I think many of the Disney movies can be enjoyed by anyone and everyone  :D

So, what are YOUR Disney stories and thoughts?

Thanks for visiting!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:24:48 PM by Heliodor »

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: Official Disney Thread~
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 04:14:28 PM »
I just saw Wreck It Ralph. I LOVE its score. I'm waiting for it in my library. And I just borrowed from the library a Disney tribute CD by Jenny Oaks Baker, a violinist.  http://www.jennyoaksbaker.com/

My favorite Disney movie is Oliver and Company. I'm getting into the Disney Princesses more because of Once Upon a Time. But I've always loved the villains!

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 04:26:33 PM »
Aww, I love Oliver and Company too! I loved the songs when I was little (BILLY JOEL in Disney movie  :shocked:). I know what you mean about Wreck-It Ralph omgs  :biggrin: it was basically FLAWLESS! I loved the song at the credits as well.

Have you seen the Disney Villains swag? It's pretty intense!!  :biggrin:

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 04:30:26 PM »
I have the "Pretty Wicked" purple t and I loooove it. The Evil Queen mug too. I want that Snow White print so bad.

Oliver is such an underrated Disney movie!  Wreck it Ralph the movie was awesome too, I have zero complaints. And Paperman? Gorgeous.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 04:33:59 PM »
My favorite new-ish Disney movie is Brave, and my favorite older Disney movie is The Little Mermaid.

Right now I'm having fun buying each Blu-Ray/DVD Combo pack as they re-release them. :)

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 04:37:05 PM »
I feel like the Mother Gothel doll is so perfect that it's frightening :lol: !

There are a lot of "Classics" that don't get that much love. I still have all of these movies in their clamshells and I think I've watched them all like a million times. I think Oliver was also around the time of The Black Cauldron which is just horrifying (I was scared to death as a kid!) but there are some films that just never get as talked about! Which is a real shame. I wish even Robin Hood had more merch. (...and non-animated features...like...Bedknobs and Broomsticks, anyone?)

My g/f was in love with the Paperman short.  ;) I'm going to surprise her on Xmas with something themed...!

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 05:07:18 PM »
I love Disney!  Some of my favorite Disney movies are Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Fox and the Hound, Fantasia, Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame and Hercules.  There are a lot more I could put, but I will leave it at that.  :P

I was taken to Disney World in Florida for my 6th birthday and it was AMAZING!!  We stayed in one of the cabins, and we got to go into the park about a half hour before every one else (part of the package deal we bought).  I saw an ice skating play, the fireworks at Epcot, and Chip and Dale sang me happy birthday!  I'm hoping that when I graduate college in about seven years that I can go again.

I haven't got to see Wreck It Ralph yet, but it looks very good!  Not interested in seeing Brave though.  I just really don't care for Pixar movies.  The only ones I like are Toy Story and Finding Nemo, though I don't watch Finding Nemo too much because it is a little long for me to sit through.

Some of my favorite Disney songs are "He's a Tramp", "Hellfire", "I Bring You a Song", "Why Should I Worry?" and "I See the Light."

My favorite Disney princess is Jasmine, followed by Aurora and Tiana.  My favorite villains are Maleficent, Captain Hook and Frollo.

Oh, and I love the Kingdom Hearts games!

Sorry if I wrote too much, I just really love Disney!   :lovey:

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 05:54:31 PM »
My favorite Disney movie is Mulan, followed by Aladdin.

I haven't seen Wreck It Ralph yet but I really want to!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 07:32:51 PM »
I loved Wreck-it Ralph!  I've seen it twice. 

I am a little obsessed with Disney villains.  My favorite is Ursula.  "Poor Unfortunate Souls"?  Best villain song ever.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Official Disney Thread~ Go see Wreck-It Ralph!
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »
I like Bambi best.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »
I looooooooooooooove Ursula. I'm going to die when they show her on Once Upon a Time. Ahhhhh. But I hate the thin doll they made. Just no.

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 10:12:10 AM »
I was taken to Disney World in Florida for my 6th birthday and it was AMAZING!!  We stayed in one of the cabins, and we got to go into the park about a half hour before every one else (part of the package deal we bought).  I saw an ice skating play, the fireworks at Epcot, and Chip and Dale sang me happy birthday!  I'm hoping that when I graduate college in about seven years that I can go again.

Oh my gosh, you just reminded me that I didn't say my favourite characters!, :lol: who of course Chip and Dale!! I also went to Disney for one of my birthdays (but I was older) and they also came to see me. I had breakfast with Mickey Mouse. I thought I was going to die and go to heaven. XD The front end of the Disney parade also sang me Happy Birthday, but I was so mortified I ran away crying.  :biggrin: Lmao!

I didn't actually enjoy my trip to Disney except for the characters. I felt like I had outgrown some of the staple rides and attractions. My family didn't have enough money to take me before then and I felt like I'd really missed out. I was like, 'This is kid stuff!' Now I am nostalgic however and feel like I would have a great time if I got to go! :biggrin:

Some of my favourite songs are, "From Zero to Hero" (Hercules) "Be a Man" (Mulan) "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" (TLK) also "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" (TLK).

IMO Mulan is best princess. She's kicking butts and taking names! :lol: But I still argue that even Cinderella was a BAMF. I mean, she lived in that super abusive house and ran away to the ball all by herself, she was like Forget the haters! Of course, a lot of the princess cliches are so not cool.  :huh: I mean, Aurora, etc., she doesn't get to do anything.

I highly recommend Wreck-It Ralph to everyone that hasn't seen it :D It's very clever, quirky, retro and funny! It gets you right in the feels with Ralph and Vanellope's relationship. But there are a lot of great relationships in the film.

I'm not kidding, I was terrified of Ursula as a kid  :lookround: Like when she sings into the mirror -- I was like arghhhhhh. I used to watch The Little Mermaid a lot as a kid, but not so much now.

StarDapple, what are your thoughts on not liking the Pixar films? Do they just feel too long, or something else? I'm curious what you think.  :) I'm a big fan but I'm interested why you feel differently!

Have you guys seen the previews for the new film "Oz" by Disney? I felt like not thrilled with it. :/

@ StoryDreamer: Do you mean the designer Ursula?? I didn't even think of that till right now!  :shocked: Yeah, I agree, Ursula has got to be Ursula!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 10:41:48 AM »
Disney will always have a place inside of us...I think thats apart of the magic that started when we were kids :)

I went to WDW maybe 5 years ago and had a blast (soo many majical moments..its crazy!)  Will probably end up going again if personal issues tame down and opportunity arises.  That said, im stuck in my own past and like what I liked when I was a kid.  I havent really seen the newer disney films and kind of wish it would go back to cellshading..but thats me :)  My top 3 are Little mermaid, Lion king, and Pocahontas, though Tinkerbelle has a very special place with me as well as Jasmine.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 10:43:26 AM »
My favourite will always be Lilo &stitch. I'm 17 and have 6 Stitches in my bedroom :blush: I adore Brave now, it;s incredible!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 11:58:32 AM »
I still prefer hand drawn to the new CG animation, but my favorite princesses are Rapunzel and Snow White.  Opposites on the spectrum in so many ways!  I've always been a Rapunzel fan though.  That has been my favorite fairytale ever since I was a child and it still is even though Disney's is so different from the older versions I love. 

Another favorite of mine is Jane and I recently fell in love with Queen Elinor.  I'm not a big fan of Merida though.  I don't relate to her at all. 

I also love Ariel, Belle, and Jasmine.  I'm a princess movie fan.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal