collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's Draw Together?  (Read 2249 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Let's Draw Together?
« on: June 13, 2015, 06:05:58 PM »
I kind of want a more involved art community here! It'd be nice to make friends and to post more regularly. I was thinking maybe if people are interested I could start making threads once a day (like potd!) here and we all draw that pony and post to that thread that day. Could be a scribble, a little more, a fullout piece, whatever! We all share what we made of that pony. Traditional or digital.

Or another idea is we could just make one draw together thread and we could try to post every day (if you guys are interested in participating), a doodle of a pony or more each day that we choose. I think I like a pony of the day better maybe, because I feel like others seeing the art of that one pony will be inspired to pitch in with their take.

I don't know. Ideas please, or is anyone interested? Let me know. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Draw Together?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »
I think it's a great idea! The more drawings in the world, the better!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 07:53:54 PM »
I like that pony of the day idea a lot

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 08:26:17 PM »
Count me in as well.

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 09:09:28 PM »
Oh that sounds fun.  I haven't drawn in a hot minute, but a drawing every day might be a bit much.   
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 02:49:29 AM »
This does sound like a fun idea! If you decide to go the PotD route, why not link it with the Corral PotD - everyone would draw whichever pony is featured that day? At least that would make it a bit easier for you, not having to pick a pony every day or hunt for reference pics.  :)

The second idea sounds good too but I'd suggest posting a new thread daily or weekly to keep it more manageable and interesting. You could also post some broader themes or other prompts for people to base their work on. I know it's much easier for me to get inspired if I have some kind of guidelines to help me get started. It can be something as simple as a colour scheme, a certain pony set, or a specific setting (e.g. meadow, underwater, coffee shop, etc.). Or ask people to try different styles, say today it's sketches, tomorrow pointillism, then pencil/B&W... and so on.

I hope you'll get a lot of interest! My time is so limited I can't promise to participate regularly, but this sounds like fun and I'd love to be able to post something every now then. ^.^

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 10:18:23 AM »
This does sound like a fun idea! If you decide to go the PotD route, why not link it with the Corral PotD - everyone would draw whichever pony is featured that day? At least that would make it a bit easier for you, not having to pick a pony every day or hunt for reference pics.  :)

The second idea sounds good too but I'd suggest posting a new thread daily or weekly to keep it more manageable and interesting. You could also post some broader themes or other prompts for people to base their work on. I know it's much easier for me to get inspired if I have some kind of guidelines to help me get started. It can be something as simple as a colour scheme, a certain pony set, or a specific setting (e.g. meadow, underwater, coffee shop, etc.). Or ask people to try different styles, say today it's sketches, tomorrow pointillism, then pencil/B&W... and so on.

I hope you'll get a lot of interest! My time is so limited I can't promise to participate regularly, but this sounds like fun and I'd love to be able to post something every now then. ^.^

haha I started thinking last night like jeez maybe someone else should coordinate this, I'm not sure I'm the best for it, maybe the mod would rather. :P I even have a bit of an odd schedule and work full time and maybe others could give it more in depth thought and make it something great, like you mentioned with changing up the themes! Any mods or anyone interested in taking the reigns of this? I might take over and start a pony for today to get started, Sunday seems like a good day to start being the technical first day of the week. I will keep it going if no one else wants to take this over, too. Maybe I'll PM you Griffin for ideas. :D

I'm glad some people are interested! One a day is a lot for me too, lately with working as much as I do I only draw once a week, but I figure doodles are still a great thing to get into every day and they take little time. :) and of course sometimes you'd be inspired to go farther than that.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 12:59:14 PM »
Why not make it a weekly exercise? That will give people a week to create and you a week to come up with the next idea? That may allow more people to participate.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline buttonso

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 01:04:18 PM »
Why not make it a weekly exercise? That will give people a week to create and you a week to come up with the next idea? That may allow more people to participate.

It certainly would make my own odds of success better.. And would be less work for the thread organizer!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 01:06:18 PM »
Sounds like fun, I'd love to join in on this. Sorry I'm no help with organizing the idea though!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 01:09:40 PM »
That's a good idea! Is 'draw this one pony' a week enough? Should it be just one pony per week, should there be a few listed in the thread to do for the week or to choose from, or what? What should be the prompt(s)? Hmmm.

Offline buttonso

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 01:11:39 PM »
That's a good idea! Is 'draw this one pony' a week enough? Should it be just one pony per week, should there be a few listed in the thread to do for the week or to choose from, or what? What should be the prompt(s)? Hmmm.

Maybe a theme? Earth ponies, unicorns, babies, etc?

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 01:14:23 PM »

That sounds delightful! ^.^
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2015, 01:14:47 PM »
I like the idea of having a few listed per week. It gives people a chance to choose as well as an opportunity to draw more than one if they have the time.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2015, 01:20:15 PM »
So maybe like first week we do a choice of 1-3 ponies from a series, like collector's ponies, then the next week do the other 3 from that series? Or something else?
Should there be special weeks that do something differently, like maybe a choice of backgrounds to draw with it? Orrrr something else?

Totally throwing out ideas here, I'm gonna ask you guys to keep throwing your ideas in too. :) Some sort of correlated regular artistic event sounds fun and I have no idea the specifics.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal