collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 78062 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1305 on: June 18, 2022, 12:11:06 AM »
My keyboard is having issues. Letter "n" is't working at all, neither is period. I don't know how or why this happened, it's not a old keyboard and I don't want to get a new one again. It just started out of nowhere.

Can I say something? Have you tried turning it upside down and shaking it outside or over the bath? There might be something stuck underneath that one key  ^.^
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1306 on: June 18, 2022, 04:41:16 AM »
I have a massive headache verging on a migraine this morning. I'm nauseous and sensitive to the light. I'm supposed to go visit my mom today. I know she's looking forward to it so I'd rather not cancel but omg my head :dizzy:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1307 on: June 18, 2022, 04:57:47 AM »
I would genuinely go crazy if anyone tried to outlaw lawns here.  I hate when people tarmac or tile drives. It makes flooding so much more of an issue and it's just plain ugly.

But I guess if it's super hot a lot, it's probably hard to take care of.

well a lot of neighborhoods in the USA have HOAs that require a certain type of grass. and require you to keep it green in parts of the country where water shortages are an issue. you're literally not allowed to install more sensible landscaping that doesn't require much water or any watering. also fertilizers and pesticides, emissions from lawn mowers are terrible for the environment. i would like it if people could have more natural landscaping. or xeriscape lawns. also more planting food, community gardens.

we definitely don't need more pavement in Texas. i just want more walkable places with mass transit.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1308 on: June 18, 2022, 06:59:58 AM »
xeriscape lawns

:heart:

We have a semi-wild parking area. Turf from another area of the garden was laid over a mesh.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 18, 2022, 08:49:41 AM »
My keyboard is having issues. Letter "n" is't working at all, neither is period. I don't know how or why this happened, it's not a old keyboard and I don't want to get a new one again. It just started out of nowhere.

Can I say something? Have you tried turning it upside down and shaking it outside or over the bath? There might be something stuck underneath that one key  ^.^

I removed the keys which weren't working and for a while that seemed to do the trick. Today the same issue started with the same keys and I couldn't get them to work so I'm using my back-up keyboard for now. Will have to try the bath thing.
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1310 on: June 18, 2022, 12:18:43 PM »
I would genuinely go crazy if anyone tried to outlaw lawns here.  I hate when people tarmac or tile drives. It makes flooding so much more of an issue and it's just plain ugly.

But I guess if it's super hot a lot, it's probably hard to take care of.

well a lot of neighborhoods in the USA have HOAs that require a certain type of grass. and require you to keep it green in parts of the country where water shortages are an issue. you're literally not allowed to install more sensible landscaping that doesn't require much water or any watering. also fertilizers and pesticides, emissions from lawn mowers are terrible for the environment. i would like it if people could have more natural landscaping. or xeriscape lawns. also more planting food, community gardens.

we definitely don't need more pavement in Texas. i just want more walkable places with mass transit.

Yes this. It's the same in Florida. We have water restrictions and because of the drought, wildfire hazards (though I think the rain this season has helped a lot). Plus, here, it isn't even grass. It's weeds. The soil is sand and crushed shells. If I had my own home and could do what I wanted, I'd do a stone landscape with palm trees and cactus, big hunks of coral and decorative rocks. There are several homes that have yards like that. A big plus is that the fire ants don't like it but the lizards do.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1311 on: June 20, 2022, 01:32:51 PM »
It seems odd that they won't let you plant something that is more resistant to drought at the very least O.o.

I can't imagine having a regulation dictating types of grass and whatever.

We don't have a hot climate like yours, but there are sometimes bans on using sprinklers and hosepipes when we have several days heat together. It's kind of like the opposite...

On the keyboard, Filthy, my F, R and E keys are all taped on. But the issue with the N key sounds like maybe it's not square on whatever the thing is it connects to underneath. I had to work quite hard to get my three broken keys to work more or less normally when I type, and it was a connection issue with those.

My old laptop had issues whereby sections of the keyboard lost function, but the n key is not on the edge and it and the full stop aren't right next to each other (at least I assume). So I doubt it's a loss of wider function on the circuitboard.

It's annoying, though. Keyboards are far too delicate :(

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1312 on: June 22, 2022, 07:37:04 AM »
Lots of complaints today. My lip licking nervous tick has found its way into my doing art stuff. Since I've been working everyday on this custom pony my lips are sore, cracked and bleeding. I don't really have any medicine. I have Carmex, which helps a little but it's not the best.

My back, hips, and legs are just so bad. They hurt so much :( When I get out of bed in the morning I can barely walk. Along with this tendon side effect from the antibiotics I was on, it's extremely painful and hard to move. I'm looking into getting a better seat cushion since I sit at my desk all day. I try to take breaks and walk around but again, it hurts my hips and legs. My back hurts all the time no matter what.

My eyes are very bad today. They are cloudy and itchy and feel tired. The fact I need new glasses doesn't help.

Speaking of... for the past two days I've tried setting up an appointment with my eye doctor, but no one answers the phone. I hate leaving messages but I think I might have to if I want to hear back.

I'm out of fresh veggies and my EBT card doesn't get money until the 26th. I'm almost out of bananas too, which means I won't be able to make veggie or fruit smoothies. It's only a few days, but normally I drink two smoothies a day, so. I'm not sure what else I'm going to eat :huh:

I overspent on my new hobby and my auto payment for my electric bill was taken leaving me with $18 in my account. I'm not sure what other auto payments are going to hit at the start of the month so I might overdraw again. I keep saying I need to budget. I need to do it the old fashioned way with pen and paper so it's always on my desk to remind me. I have to stop doing this.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 22, 2022, 03:16:04 PM »
Not exactly trivial but I just filed a complaint to my landlord about my horrible, noisy neighbors. New landlord, don't know if he'll do anything about it so fingers crossed. The neighbors have been a problem for almost 4 years. I wish I could afford to move.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 22, 2022, 03:49:02 PM »
I hope you feel better soon, BlackCurtains. :hug:

My dad still hasn't fixed the broken part in my bathroom He says he can do it in a short amount of time but so far he hasn't had time to fix it.  There is a pretty simple workaround but I'm getting annoyed that I have to use it when it should be easy to replace the broken part.

I think I burned my fingers on hot water today.  I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have to how hot the water was.  I thought only the tip of one finger burned but a couple of hours later I noticed a large red mark on another that is sensitive when touched.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 07:19:48 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1315 on: June 23, 2022, 10:49:35 AM »

But I'm still in pain and for some odd reason the tops of my toes are swollen :huh: Just my toes. I think I need to drink more water.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 23, 2022, 06:53:34 PM »
Eeew, my cat just puked in my only summer shoes (yes, inside them too) which I had cleaned couple days ago 'cause I'll be needing them today and next week  >_<

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 25, 2022, 02:00:10 PM »
Not going to say anything specific because I'm a bit scared to, but I was at Pony Fair today and heard two vendors talking and one of them said something really horrible about trans people. I was having such a good day, but that really put a damper on my mood. Pony fans are usually such tolerant people so it was really shocking to hear :(

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1318 on: June 26, 2022, 04:36:57 AM »
I'm sorry, NanoRuby. I have also learned that pony people are just regular people and some have beliefs that are hurtful. You would think ponies and rainbows wouldn't attract those sorts but it does. Just remember they are not the majority :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 26, 2022, 06:57:54 AM »
My dad decided to replace the broken part in my bathroom.  Sounds great, right?  While he was at it, he decided to clean the bathroom for me.  His idea of cleaning is to take everything off the counter and then leave most of it for someone else to put back.  I know it's partly my fault for not cleaning the bathroom as often as I should have, but my plans for that day didn't involve having to spend the afternoon putting the bathroom back together.  After that I had to get cleaned up because we had plans for the evening.  When I finally thought I had a few minutes to get on my computer my mom told me it was time to eat. :(

I have a few more complaints.  The other day I told my mom that if I am using headphones on the computer, it's sometimes hard for me to hear her if she trying to get my attention.  Twice since then she has spoken to me in a loud voice. 

My dad has been saying for a long time that he wanted to watch Netflix on the Smart TV.  Every time we went to my aunt's house he was always complaining about "I wish we had Netflix.  Why can't we get Netflix?  How come she can watch whatever she wants, and we can't?"  even though I've told him many times that I've had Netflix for a long time, everyone that has Netflix has access to the same shows etc..." 

When we first got the Smart TV our router wasn't strong enough to handle everything at the same time so we had a little trouble at first while trying to watch Netflix on the Smart TV.  Eventually I figured out that if we turned other things off the router could handle Netflix through the Smart TV.  Recently we got a stronger router that is better than the old one.  I watched Netflix through the Smart TV the other day to see if the router could handle it more smoothly with other devices running also.  I told my dad last night that Netflix ran just fine and now he tells me that he doesn't want to watch Netflix anymore because there aren't any interesting shows on it.  I can't win.     :argh: :argh: :argh:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal