collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 78120 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1230 on: May 21, 2022, 12:59:46 PM »
I ran into a rotten piece of work today. I was just minding my own business and some crazy lady was screaming slurs in the parking lot like an automatic weapon.  I got called multiple names just for walking by. Freaking psycho.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 01:04:46 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1231 on: May 21, 2022, 01:33:35 PM »
I ran into a rotten piece of work today. I was just minding my own business and some crazy lady was screaming slurs in the parking lot like an automatic weapon.  I got called multiple names just for walking by. Freaking psycho.

ugh I'm sorry. people are so unhinged lately.

my complaint today is i have to stay up super late to do some work tonight. it's scheduled work. not because of procrastination. i'm too old for this.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1232 on: May 23, 2022, 12:59:34 AM »
I had a situation like that once with someone on a bus, who started shouting at me specifically as though we knew each other and I'd done something to her. I'd never seen her before in my life. It was the most terrifying experience I've ever had on public transport. :/

My trivial complaint - parents are having the drive relaid. I mean, maybe it needs doing but there are things that need doing more. In any case. This week is going to be full of drilling. Yay.

And to top it off...I have a delivery today. Goodness knows how it will get here since we'll soon have no driveway. The people are doing our drive and our neighbour's at the same time, and that basically is the road entrance to our close...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1233 on: May 23, 2022, 05:50:15 AM »
My carpal tunnel really hurts today. I massaged my wrist, hand and thumb, and did some exercises. I've contemplated surgery for it in the past. Maybe I'll bring it up to my doctor Thursday.

Update on Mouse - She's much better! I won't be taking her to the vet. She had a big poo last night and ate half a can of food this morning plus treats. She looks better too, her eyes are clear and bright again. Plus, she woke me up today and tried to bite me :lol: She hasn't done that in a week. I'll keep my eye on her and continue to monitor her food intake and watch the litter box, but I think her hairball is gone finally.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 23, 2022, 12:55:03 PM »
I have a corneal scratch on my left eye  :huh: It feels like a really stubborn piece of grit, and is making my left nostril leak as well. I've got eye drops (prescription, after drenching myself this morning with eyewash thinking there was something in my eye!) and some eye ointment to try and put in it. I also had a health scare at the opticians with my right eye so more tests are going to be done Saturday

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 23, 2022, 05:30:32 PM »
Update on Mouse - She's much better! I won't be taking her to the vet. She had a big poo last night and ate half a can of food this morning plus treats. She looks better too, her eyes are clear and bright again. Plus, she woke me up today and tried to bite me :lol: She hasn't done that in a week. I'll keep my eye on her and continue to monitor her food intake and watch the litter box, but I think her hairball is gone finally.

:frolic: Great news!! Hooray!  :frolic:

---
I won't get anything done again. The yard and garden should be cleaned and dead leaves raked. I am so tired that I just want to sleep.  :zzz:  I wonder if this is some kind of spring depression ... Or it's due to hypothyroidism. Or it's both!  :cloud:
:zzz:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 23, 2022, 07:36:41 PM »
My dad started on his "Why don't why ever watch Netflix?" thing again.  No matter how many times I try to explain to him how Netflix works he doesn't get it.  Today he told me that we needed to get an Xbox to watch Netflix because my aunt uses one to watch Netflix.  I told him that we don't need an Xbox just for that because we have a Smart TV and I can get Netflix on it.  I also told him that the last time I said something about watching Netflix on the Smart TV I told him we needed to shut down the computers first because our current router isn't really strong enough to handle everything all at once.  He told me that he didn't want to do that then.  It's also hard to find something that all of us can agree on.  Also my dad picked several movies on Netflix to watch after we first got the Smart TV because he read reviews about them online that said they were "the greatest movie ever."  He ended up being disappointed in almost every movie he picked.

In the weird category for the day...

I have a couple of apps on my phone that I really love.  If you follow their Facebook pages the apps give out extra pictures and puzzles every few days. Sometimes the pages ask a question but an answer is not required in order to get the extra stuff.  Today I felt like answering the question and  little while later a got a notfication that someone had replied to my comment.  When I checked, it was a complete stranger asking me to send him a friend request (he also did this to other people commenting on the post)  I don't send or accept friend requests to/from strangers.  I have no idea what this person is trying to do but I won't be accepting or sending him a friend request.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1237 on: May 24, 2022, 05:02:39 AM »
Those people are usually bots or scammers, or scammer bots. They are all over Facebook and I've noticed Instagram too. I also got a friend request today from someone with a private profile. No thank you!

I'm noticing more fruit flies... I got rid of them by pouring hot water, dish soap and bleach down the drains. I should do that again. I don't know where else they'd be coming from. I'm on top of the garbage and litter box.

The other day when I shut my PC down it took a minute to "perform operations". Now I have super annoying notifications from Microsoft pop up every couple of hours for their family tree software and other junk.

My neighbor was gone yesterday and her dog barked all day long.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1238 on: May 24, 2022, 08:44:59 AM »
Yeah Ponyfan that sounds like a bot to me.

My complaint today is also tech related. I was trying to log into my health insurance website to get new cards. It was such a roundabout mess of verification emails and texts involving my work computer, phone, and personal computer. why is it like this? i understand security but what a mess!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 24, 2022, 03:34:33 PM »
I was looking forward to doing one of my Lego sets today but my dad decided he wanted something complicated for lunch.  This meant that my mom had to put the same amount of time and effort into lunch as she usually does our evening meal.  Because of this I didn't feel like I could get the Lego set out that I wanted to work on.  I needed a steady surface and that happened to be the kitchen table. I could have done other things, but I really wanted to work on the Lego set. :(  By the time we got done with lunch I didn't feel like I had enough time to work on the Lego set before our evening meal to justify getting it out.

Why does everything thing my dad wants to do take priority and most stuff I want to do has to wait until it's convenient for everyone else? 

Ponyfan

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 25, 2022, 01:53:29 PM »
FedEx delivered two of my packages to the wrong address. I got my neighbor's mail instead, and my stuff is nowhere in sight. And of course FedEx is being impossible to contact.

Thankfully I'm getting everything sorted out with the sellers and I should be getting replacements. But this is all giving me a headache.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 25, 2022, 02:04:09 PM »
I am not getting along with my mom today.  :( 

After I brought my new plant home my dad decided to hunt for flowerpots around the house.  He found a few a put one of them on the table in the backyard.  It rained last night so now that flowerpot is full of water.  I told my parents that I didn't buy potting soil because I didn't know if we already had some at home.  It turns out that we don't have any.  Last night my mom kept going back and forth about whether I needed potting soil or not for my plant.  When I asked her about it today she told me that she thought I was wanting to get potting soil at 10pm and she didn't want to go to the store.   I have never wanted to go to the store that late.  I asked her if she really thought I would want to do that and she said no.

Later on she had to leave for an appointment.  I was looking at something on my phone and in the process of putting it down so I could say goodbye but it wasn't fast enough for her.

I'm sorry that happened to you poniesthatsparkle. :(

Ponyfan

Online Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 25, 2022, 03:57:27 PM »
I've been creating replacement artwork for our audiobooks that were involved in the flooding of our storage space.  They look great on the computer but some of the colors aren't printing like they look on the computer.  The dark colors are fine but the brighter colors are very muted and makes them look grungy instead of bright and fun like I want them to look.   :pout:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 25, 2022, 06:45:40 PM »
I talked to my mom about the potting soil again and now she says she was just teasing me about wanting to go to the store late.  I thought she was serious. I'm still not happy that I couldn't tell she was joking about it though.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1244 on: May 26, 2022, 02:06:18 PM »
I was supposed to see my doctor today at 3pm. My ride never showed up, never called or text. I called the transit company and the lady said she called the ride provider but was on hold and no one picked up. She said she'd make a note of what happened.

It really sucks too because I don't feel well today and actually thought about cancelling, but I didn't and got ready to go and everything but ended up not going anyway. Also, I have this thing where if I have to do something later, I don't do anything else until afterward. So I feel like the whole day was wasted.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal