collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 78152 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1095 on: April 03, 2022, 07:57:32 PM »
i have had the HICCUPS for over 20 minutes now... 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1096 on: April 04, 2022, 06:42:56 AM »
I woke up with a sore throat this morning and I'm super thirsty.

Why do I constantly choke on water? Any other drink I have no issues with but if I'm drinking water it's more likely that it goes the wrong way or somehow gets up in my sinuses. Then I start coughing and sometimes I get a headache... it's just like, why can't I drink water like a normal person?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1097 on: April 04, 2022, 02:51:26 PM »
Where to start with today's gripes.

#1 Bus funding announcements once more cutting out our area. We need the funding more than some of those awarded, but it was entirely predictable. They refused levelling up funding here too. Guess what funded our bus routes in the past? That's right. The EU.

#2 Also bus related, the cutting of some buses including the link route between us and Tesco because of pandemic impact on Arriva. Double whammy.

I hate still living in this area. But I know more about the local buses than most people, having been involved in trying to sort the mess out locally for literally years.

I genuinely despise this government on so many levels, but just when I thought they couldn't get any more base, they succeeded.

#3 Govt are selling off Channel 4. I knew they would, but the fact they are is really bothersome for me. C4 has done a lot for disability awareness, it airs the paralympics, it has an equal opportunities employment policy which includes disabled people, unlike the vast majority of companies still in the UK (whatever they claim is the case). Once privatised, however, this will doubtless be seen as unprofitable and will stop.

#4 I have to go to the dentist on Thursday.

...End.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 05:31:37 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 04, 2022, 07:30:37 PM »
I bought a new set of headphones this weekend.  I was trying to avoid the cheapest ones but also can't afford to spend $100 or more for Beats.   I opened them and plugged them in to my iPod.  My iPod froze due to low battery but I panicked at first because I thought it had frozen due to the new headphones.  When I plugged them in to my computer I only get sound on one side but on the iPod I get sound on both sides.  I tried my mom's headphones in my computer and heard sound on both sides.  The manufacturer says that they don't consider the headphones defective if sound works on one side on certain devices but works on both sides on others.  I'm hoping I'll be able to figure out how to get sound on both sides when they're plugged in to the computer.

Also, my parents have been doing some things that are really embarrassing me.  I can't talk to them about it because they don't see anything wrong with what they're doing.

Ponyfan 

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 04, 2022, 11:52:57 PM »
My vertigo is SUPER super bad today. It was bad yesterday, but seems to have gotten worse overnight; I really think it's stomach acid related (why is biology so weird??). I'm going to have to hold onto railings and keep my head very still today  :cry:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1100 on: April 05, 2022, 03:55:48 PM »
Running on two hours of sleep and no food. I took a shower to hopefully calm me down enough to sleep. On the plus side I got a lot done today!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1101 on: April 06, 2022, 07:38:24 AM »
spring allergies. constant sneezing.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1102 on: April 06, 2022, 07:53:29 AM »
Omg you guys. I just posted this on Facebook but it bears repeating.

I ordered some household things to be delivered from Walmart today. When it came I thought it was too many bags. They gave me someone else's order along with mine. This person was buying CAKE and MUFFINS and LOAF CAKES. All cinnamon flavored, which is my favorite. You might know that I'm on a "diet" right now (I don't like using that word - it's a lifestyle change) and I've been doing really well. I know I've lost weight, I can feel it. So this is a major temptation right here. If I believed in a god, I'd think this was done on purpose :lol:

I'll be giving all of it to my parents and niece. I'm hoping after my dad gets back from the hospital, my niece can come over and take the delicious cinnamon treats away.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 06, 2022, 02:03:36 PM »
Dentist tomorrow...

Bleh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 06, 2022, 03:43:46 PM »
I came home to my ceiling fan not working. I'm now sitting in my room sweating. This is like the worst time of the year this could happen. My family will not turn on the AC, no matter how much I offer to help pay the bill. So I suffer.

And people wonder why I hate Spring so much. And the funny thing is that this is only one of the reasons I do.

|My Collection|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1105 on: April 06, 2022, 04:33:55 PM »
Facebook bums me out. today i had to debunk something my partner saw on his facebook feed. we didn't have a fight about it or anything like that. but it bums me out that it's so easy to take in bad information while you're just scrolling through. especially if the information is something you may like to see. always look for a source. if there is a source then vet that source. :huh:

i remember when everyone just complained about all of the food and baby photos. i want those times back.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 08, 2022, 06:40:50 PM »
Dentist tomorrow...

Bleh.

:hug:  I don't like going to the dentist either.  I hate going to most dr appointments anyway but there's something about the dentist that is worse.

Lately I feel like every time I want to do something my parents do things that make it hard for me to do the thing I want to do.  My dad spends hours on the computer every day yet when I come in the home office to do things on my computer he usually comes right back in and starts doing stuff on his computer too even though he has just spent most of the day on it. Sometimes I get headphones and listen to anime on my computer while he is doing stuff but today I wasn't able to do that because the headphones I needed were in another room. 

My mom will also sometimes decide she wants to play a game on the computer about the time I want to stream anime and if I say something to her she'll start to whine about needing to play the game or say "It'll only take 5 minutes and then you can do what you want."

I've lost count of how many times I've had to move out of the way because my dad decided to go to the fridge at the same time I did. 

I had a migraine headache for 24 hours. :(  I think it finally went away but I was sensitive to certain noises and my mom kept making a noise with her Dr Pepper bottle that wasn't helping.

I love my parents but sometimes they are hard to live with 24 hours a day.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1107 on: April 09, 2022, 06:20:29 AM »
Ants again. In the cat food. At least this time it wasn't from a place I just sprayed a couple days ago, it's been about month since I sprayed the laundry closet. They were also coming in through the outside door, so I sprayed around the door too.

I had to go out yesterday and the parents of the fledgling (or maybe they have more eggs now) were yelling at me and dive bombed me a few times. It would have been funny if they didn't do it while I was going down the stairs carrying something. They made me nervous.

This is more serious. My mom's mental health is declining faster than I thought. Yesterday I was over there and we cooked lunch. She was in charge of the meat (because I didn't eat it for so long, I don't know how to cook it and really didn't want to handle it either) and I made the sides. She couldn't remember what she was doing. I kept having to remind her. Sometimes she would just stop and stare into space until I said something. The lunch should have only taken a half hour to cook, but because my mom was moving so slowly and kept stopping, it took an hour and a half. My dad was getting annoyed because the food wasn't done yet. The sides were done way before the meat (even though the meat took the shortest amount of time to cook) and were cold by the time my mom was finished, so I had to reheat them. Now I'm really worried about my niece moving out and leaving my parents there by themselves. What if my mom wants to cook and leaves something on the stove or in the oven because she forgot? Maybe she was having an extra bad day, but it was very concerning.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 09, 2022, 10:37:32 AM »
We went shopping today. That in itself was fine, we went to the retail park (the one that in a few weeks they're pulling the bus route from, might as well use it while it's there...another fact of life living in an area that doesn't get any funding to level up transport services) and then I went on to the town centre on the same bus.

...It was very busy. Nobody wearing masks. Nobody caring about distancing. Huge queues. Total waste of a trip for me because I can't even go into a shop and buy something in person because of the risk of catching COVID and bringing it home. It made me very angry, honestly. It's not a big deal to be considerate of others and still do your own shopping properly.

And then in the bus station some person vaping (not allowed undercover, I don't believe).

I was quite annoyed by the time I got home. Completely wasted trip, not because the things I wanted weren't in the shops but because I can no longer buy them safely because everyone else is trying to bring back 2019 by force into a world where COVID is still rampant.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 09, 2022, 02:00:41 PM »
My right eye and one of my toes are inflamed.  >_< I don’t go to the doctor about some small things, so I try to take care of them myself at home. Warm water for rinsing, painkiller and toe ointment which kills bacteria. Those have helped a bit.

In addition to these, I’ve been feeling unwell for a couple of days, but it’s certainly because I haven’t taken my stomach medication for a few days now. I have to not use them for two weeks because of upcoming gastroscopy. Yesterday there was also a terrible "burning" in the throat. Heartburn. :yucky:
:zzz:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal