collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 78161 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1065 on: March 23, 2022, 07:11:27 AM »
My dad had an endoscopy yesterday and he has a CT scan today. He's not answering his phone :argh: I want to know what's going on, I need details!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 23, 2022, 09:38:13 AM »
I had an endoscopy today myself, a gastroscopy (just the stomach and the small bowel?). I don't have anyone to look after me, so I had to go with numbing instead of sedation. I warned them that I had a really violent gag reflex, and I was already feeling sick from bile/acid reflux and fasting from the night before.

I panicked during the procedure and started to retch  :cry: The doctor was actually IN the stomach the first time, and we took a break and then tried again. I was able to see the inside of my stomach, which was pretty cool, but I really panicked and retched hard. I'm back home safe, I had something small to eat after I was allowed to (once the numbing spray wore off), and did some shopping to cheer myself up.

Super scary, and I don't care I sound like a big baby, I don't want to do that ever again!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 23, 2022, 10:26:10 AM »
Google Lens.   :enraged: :argh: :dumbpc:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1068 on: March 23, 2022, 10:29:26 AM »
Spring is coming, mask mandates are going, & I spent last Wednesday AND NOW TODAY, coming down with a cold (It's not Covid because this one is pure nose)

At least you've been lucky enough to still have mandates up till now. The main UK govt don't care if people catch COVID any more, nor that the cases are massively going up. It's been a free-for-all for months.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 23, 2022, 03:28:27 PM »
I think the utter mess down south is why Scotland has been more cautious tbh
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 23, 2022, 06:10:01 PM »
I had an endoscopy today myself, a gastroscopy (just the stomach and the small bowel?). I don't have anyone to look after me, so I had to go with numbing instead of sedation. I warned them that I had a really violent gag reflex, and I was already feeling sick from bile/acid reflux and fasting from the night before.

I panicked during the procedure and started to retch  :cry: The doctor was actually IN the stomach the first time, and we took a break and then tried again. I was able to see the inside of my stomach, which was pretty cool, but I really panicked and retched hard. I'm back home safe, I had something small to eat after I was allowed to (once the numbing spray wore off), and did some shopping to cheer myself up.

Super scary, and I don't care I sound like a big baby, I don't want to do that ever again!

:yikes: I am also about to have a gastroscopy at the end of April. I'm a little nervous about it. Let's see if I get a similar panic there as you, because I also have a sensitive / violent gag reflex. Just plain brushing your teeth or tongue causes this reflex for me. :rolleyes:

---

A storm has been promised for the weekend in the weather forecasts! I hope the trees don't go down and the electricity stays on!  :huh:
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1071 on: March 24, 2022, 05:41:33 AM »
I was out for mine but when I woke up I was coughing and thought I was going to vomit (I didn't).

I still haven't talked to my dad...

My cat woke me up at 3am for food. She ate a lot yesterday; two breakfasts, dinner, treats and her high calorie supplement. I give her food whenever she wants it since she's so small but 3am is not an ideal time. I decided to get up but ended up going back to bed around 6. Then I got up again at 8. So I'm probably going to be tired earlier than normal and I have a lab appointment this afternoon.

The lab could only do half the tests on my blood (did they drop it on the floor or something?) so I have to go back and give more. The day they took it, my blood pressure was really high, so high my doctor gave me a pill for it. I normally have text book blood pressure 120/80. I'm curious what it will be today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 25, 2022, 06:06:01 AM »
My blood pressure was really high at my drs appointment too.  I was nervous about my appointment and the nurses were worried that my blood pressure was that high.  I told them that I was on medicine for but that it tends to skyrocket when I'm at the drs.

My dad insisited on taking me and my mom (I wanted my mom to go with because I was a little scared.)  to my appointment and picking us up afterwards. 

While we were gone my dad had decided to clean and organized some things.  I had some things already organized and sorted but he reorganized them. :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1073 on: March 25, 2022, 03:31:08 PM »
Sorry your dad messed with your stuff :( My mom would do that to my things, and then my sister started doing it. Very frustrating.

At the lab they didn't take my vitals so I don't know what my blood pressure was and don't know what I weigh.

I went over to my parents house today. My dad has been fixing up his car. He was working on it all day. My mom wanted to pay for lunch but we had to wait for him to finish with the car. I was really hungry when he was done. And then on the way home a part he had just put on fell out of place. It was luckily still attached to the break light so we didn't lose the piece but he was really upset about it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 25, 2022, 04:02:03 PM »

:yikes: I am also about to have a gastroscopy at the end of April. I'm a little nervous about it. Let's see if I get a similar panic there as you, because I also have a sensitive / violent gag reflex. Just plain brushing your teeth or tongue causes this reflex for me. :rolleyes:

The really good thing is that the surgeons, technicians and nurses are all very understanding and caring, even if it doesn't feel like that when you're panicking! I did warn them before, and they will have seen it a thousand times so the only advice I can give is to ask for a few minutes afterwards whilst you're still lying down to get your breath back and calm down (they offered that to me, I didn't ask and I really appreciated it). If you're going for numbing, be careful not to accidentally bite your cheeks until the spray wears off!  :biggrin:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 26, 2022, 09:14:41 AM »
I just bought the new Kirby game for myself, and my sister has decided that she will be the one to play it (even though she didn’t pay or help in any way to get the game) and now she’s refusing to do her chores/tasks. “Why can’t you do it?” She asks when I tell her to do stuff like helping out the groceries away. I am doing it, I’d just like some help because I’m not a servant? I’m a person. Who lives here and also wants to play her game that she bought with her own money.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1076 on: March 26, 2022, 01:21:08 PM »
Dad's wifi thingy on his PC has apparently fritzed.
Leaving my laptop the only functioning internet computer in the house.

...Guess who is doing the shopping tomorrow. Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 26, 2022, 02:31:46 PM »
An ex-friend(?) who has never worked retail or customer service most of her life got a customer service job a couple of years ago out of necessity. They're now sharing customer service memes.

Spoiler
This fries my bacon as I've been working customer service/retail most of my life. I know length of time shouldn't be a factor and retail survivors should all have a laugh, but it really gets on my nerves considering how much she heard me vent about it and was like 'oh :c' and is NOW realising what I went through. Bearing in mind she never had to do CV blitzes or interview sprees. She got the job via word-of-mouth

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 26, 2022, 03:56:10 PM »
I decided to order a pizza today for the first time in months, and I could barely finish it even though it was less than 12 inches in diameter :X I think I'm getting old...
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1079 on: March 26, 2022, 04:16:25 PM »
parents are stressing me out again. i think i'm having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that they're just getting older. it sounds like something a lot of us are going through here.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal