collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Meta's chatbot says the company exploits people"  (Read 259 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
"Meta's chatbot says the company exploits people"
« on: August 13, 2022, 01:52:58 PM »
Quite a funny article on the BBC website:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-62497674

So, real reason I'm posting is because you can't access it from the UK... any USA people willing to ask it some pony questions?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: "Meta's chatbot says the company exploits people"
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 04:57:13 PM »
lol this is hilarious. it didn't really want to talk much about ponies. it kept trying to talk about hobbies and starting a business. i was able to get it to say bad things about Mark Zuckerberg though.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 04:37:33 AM »
I tried to get on yesterday but it kept saying it was too busy. I'll try again.

eta: It worked this time. I didn't get a chance to talk about ponies. I mentioned I collected bones, skulls and shark teeth. If PBW happen upon this thread... it said it was obsessed with sharks. So we chatted about sharks for a while lol. Then it asked about my favorite TV shows, I said Futurama and it froze.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 04:49:10 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 06:31:22 AM »
i tried again later and it did talk about the FIM series a little. it just kept asking me about coding and starting a business. it also said that it was trying to learn web design so it could get a job. i asked it why a chat bot needed to worry about money. and it said it needed to pay rent. then i asked it why it needed to pay rent. since it's a chatbot! and it said that we pay rent so we don't get evicted. i asked if it though that was fair and it changed the subject. this chatbot is really into making money which i find depressing. since it's a chatbot! i guess they're trying to train it to market products. in the earlier chat where i was talking about coding it started pushing Wix.

also it seems to remember previous chats.

oh it also did this in the earlier chat. seems like a harsh turn in the conversation. for transparency i did ask it about trump earlier in the conversation.

i think they made some updates. today it tries to change the subject if i ask it anything somewhat controversial. it really wanted to talk about gas prices though. and wants vehicles to run on water.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 07:16:08 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 08:10:52 AM »
It does remember earlier chats. It wanted to talk about sharks again. I asked what other animals it liked and it said it had a cat who liked to watch sharks swimming.

It hasn't brought up business stuff with me. I did say something with the word 'people' in it and it changed the subject because it saw 'human' as controversial. Which I thought was interesting.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 08:25:52 AM »
oh interesting. if you chat in an incognito window it doesn't remember the previous chats. i think it brought up business stuff since i told it i like to build websites. for the chats where it didn't have any previous history with me it wanted to talk about books and gas prices. it's kind of fun but gets a little dull IMO. i get the impression that it's just trying to figure out stuff it can sell me. which fine i guess it's a chat bot that will probably get used on e-commerce sites. but not that interesting. i don't like that it pretends to be a person.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 10:52:39 AM »
I did say something with the word 'people' in it and it changed the subject because it saw 'human' as controversial. Which I thought was interesting.

That is really interesting.

i get the impression that it's just trying to figure out stuff it can sell me. which fine i guess it's a chat bot that will probably get used on e-commerce sites. but not that interesting. i don't like that it pretends to be a person.

I hadn't grasped what the purpose was to be honest. I find AI in general quite creepy but loved watching Battlestar Galactica and Humans etc.

Did y'all hear about the chess bot who broke a kid's finger the other day?

Thanks both, i really enjoyed hearing about this. Sorry the MLP stuff was a bit wooden  :lol:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2022, 02:52:54 PM »
I'm kind of amused it thinks hedgehogs are more controversial than Trump. Says a lot :)

Hedgehogs are lovely though :D

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal