TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Pony shipping from Germany, rules have been changed!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Taffeta:
There's something sneaky about making private sellers bear the burden of commercial shipping expenses to give businesses a break.

It's like ebay and their power sellers. Sigh.

Although pricey shipping seems to be the norm right now. I had to send a letter to Germany this morning - a proper letter, not a parcel - and it cost around £1.50 just to send that. I used to pay less than that to send a letter or card to America. We're still in the EU for now so why has it gotten so expensive?

I will be checking Royal Mail to see if this sneaky tactic is going to appear here as well. Parcelforce already did something similar with volumetric weight to make it more expensive to ship items even if they are light - but thus far Royal Mail have more or less behaved...

Thanks for the heads up. If customs duties come into force at the end of March (I am eternally preparing inside for a no deal because our government are all so so stupid) then buying from Germany is going to be a bit tricky for a while to come. Esp. with the £ as it is.

Tiara546:
Taffeta, all that shipping stuff works best with friends. I'm always trying to find agreements with people to help each other...

also, for shipments from Germany to the UK or inside Europe there is still the "Hermes" company which wasn't interesting before due to the possibility of sending letter post. But from now on, and as far as inner-european shipping is concerned, that would probably be the best option, except people find and create structures in order for the community to get their hands on the business shipping option, and there is different ways to do so.
The real problem without any structures created is overseas shipping to the US and the rest of the world. 

Libelle:

--- Quote from: Tiara546 on January 11, 2019, 02:57:55 PM ---The new rules apply since new year's eve, without any warning...
--- End quote ---

I was completely shocked when I read your post, I had no idea whatsoever! I spent the past six hours searching the web for solutions, but haven't come up with anything useful. Here are the new prices in detail ...

Shipping costs for anything up to 2 kg:

within Europe without tracking => 10.30 USD (9 EUR) with DHL
within Europe with tracking => 12.40 USD (10.79 EUR) with Hermes

worldwide without tracking => 18.35 USD (16 EUR) with DHL
worldwide with tracking => 23 USD (20 EUR) with DHL

Nella:
Seems the German shipping options follow what we have in the Netherlands. I've never been able to send a pony in an envelope.

Tiara546:
I see... so there is a smaller registered parcel option available now after all. They did a few changements on that in the past for parcels sent inside Germany, probably because of the competitor Hermes' success. Thank you Libelle for that additional info. You did really well.  ^.^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version