TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Pony shipping from Germany, rules have been changed!

<< < (5/5)

TornadoLovesMelody:
I'm late to the party, sorry, but Hermes in Germany are awful.

Had a pony parcel go missing last summer - not only did they mess up the tracking number (They claimed that they needed to change it 3+ times during the delivery) but the package was lost.
It said it had been returned to the seller but the seller never got it. When she checked where it had gone to it had landed in a neighboring city. And then gotten lost again before she could go and get it. And that was the last we saw of it. :/
The whole process took over 2 months and 10+ calls to the Hermes customer services.

Honeycomb:
My mom wanted to send me a Maxibrief to China this week, that's when we stumbled across this wonderful change ...
Now I can't get anything anymore within 3 weeks, but I have to wait 3 months for the 2 kg package which might or might not even arrive. And all I wanted was a book and some Haribo.
How I love Germany. Everything they do turns out to be rubbish. So angry.

Tiara546:
An update from me as well, I had paid the difference for that first parcel from my own pocket, then stopped international shipments and after that updated my Ebay items with the current shipping options for private sellers. People within Europe really pay that ~10 Euros shipping fee but I have no sales towards the US and Canada anymore.

At the same time, I have seen all continuous german sellers, even those with private sales, have the cheap shipping option again and I could get it as well if only I had the time to list enough items to attract five international buyers in three weeks. I say "three weeks" well knowing that the five label limit actually is per trimester, but the first trimester is about to end in three weeks and of the second again, I will be in Germany only three weeeks, too. I do have a friend running a business who agreed to buy those labels for me.

Honeycomb, if you could find such a person as well, you would be able to get the cheap shipping option too which also runs at the usual speed (airmail).
Perhaps someone with whom you could split the 5 shipments-limit?
Although it's not Germany to blame here really, as to be precise they were forced to implement that crappy change by the Universal Postal Union seated in Bern, Switzerland.

Also thank you for the additional info, Libelle!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version