collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hair rot in my G1 Goldilocks (pic heavy)  (Read 1231 times)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hair rot in my G1 Goldilocks (pic heavy)
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 01:03:55 AM »
Sorry about your horrible discovery! Poor Goldilocks; but she looks much better after your spa day and as others have already noted you can rehair if you choose to do so.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 05:42:47 AM »
Imagine if crumpets across the globe started loosing hair D: I wonder if the heat affected hair quality on some level? With Human hair it damages and with nylon hair like the ponies high heat burns... I wonder if applying slight heat somehow damages them in a way that makes them prone to irreverable frizz and possible breakage. I have two ponies with a ball of frizz I cant fix at the end of their tail. And rehair is an option you are right!

So far, thankfully, cases of G1 with hair breakage / 'rot' seem to be near non-existent.  I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility completely, but so far your poor darling seems to be an outlier.   The temporary heat used to set curves and curls is probably not the root cause, as so many ponies were treated thusly and don't seem any worse for it.  It's more likely that curly hair turns up more damaged because it's hard to brush without making a mess, and tangles leads to even more brushing, pulling, and damage to the individual strands of hair. 

I agree with Baby Sugarberry. If her hair was in good condition and breaking I'd be more worried about them in general.

Although I had a set of Collector Ponies come to me last year with goop on their hair - hairspray or something. All of them I managed to wash it out of without longterm damage to the hair. Butterscotch was the only exception. Her mane is super brittle now and I can't keep her with the others because of risk of her mane falling out. Her tail is fine. It's not quite the same colour but maybe there'[s something in the dying process for goldish tones that makes it weaker when exposed to different problems, like frizz or product.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline allymer

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • get cape, wear cape, fly
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj4NzFs6rYAhUCLFAKHRkWDhYQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yooying.com%2Fjonathanvk9930&usg=AOvVaw1VEWvdcAw59g5B1Zytl7Yj
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 03:44:01 AM »
Imagine if crumpets across the globe started loosing hair D: I wonder if the heat affected hair quality on some level? With Human hair it damages and with nylon hair like the ponies high heat burns... I wonder if applying slight heat somehow damages them in a way that makes them prone to irreverable frizz and possible breakage. I have two ponies with a ball of frizz I cant fix at the end of their tail. And rehair is an option you are right!

So far, thankfully, cases of G1 with hair breakage / 'rot' seem to be near non-existent.  I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility completely, but so far your poor darling seems to be an outlier.   The temporary heat used to set curves and curls is probably not the root cause, as so many ponies were treated thusly and don't seem any worse for it.  It's more likely that curly hair turns up more damaged because it's hard to brush without making a mess, and tangles leads to even more brushing, pulling, and damage to the individual strands of hair. 

I didn't know someone had brought up this topic and made a new topic about it just recently. I'm sorry to say but it seems like a factory problem so people should check their goldies.... I love her and have3 one is a variant/different batch so she have totally different hair but the regular two suffer from hair falling from aging...im heartbroken about it.

Spoiler

check me out on instagram "jonathanvkmlp" come say hey :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal