collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Conventions!  (Read 744 times)

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Conventions!
« on: December 18, 2017, 02:38:46 PM »
What is your favourite pony convention to go to? If you have one, or you just love all pony cons.  :) Which pony cons have you been to and plan to go to? I've only been to my local convention and BronyCon two years ago. In 2018 I hope to go to Everfree Northwest as I've never been. I love conventions, I love all the excitement :)

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Conventions!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 02:45:53 PM »
Went to the MLP Fair when it came to Nashville a couple years ago. Jenn Blake had a panel, that was neat. I love her art.
Picked up a couple G1 toys while I was there, and had Bonnie Zacherle sign a G1 Applejack.

Been going to Bronycon since 2014, my first year there was amazing, subsequent years haven't been as fun, though still enjoyable.

Went to my first and last Nightmare Nights in Dallas earlier this year, was kinda melancholy cause 2017 was their last year. I about lost it when a fan jumped on stage during closing ceremonies and played Taps on his saxophone.

I shelled out for a hotel-tier badge for Everfree NW in Seattle next year, me and a couple friends are going there.

Conventions are a great place to relax, spend too much in the vendor hall (me and my friends spent more than $10k at Bronycon this year), spend time with current friends and make new ones.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TJgamer

• Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 02:53:19 PM »
I've only been to one.
Ponyville Ciderfest.
Three times in a row now.
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 03:11:11 PM »
Went to the MLP Fair when it came to Nashville a couple years ago. Jenn Blake had a panel, that was neat. I love her art.
Picked up a couple G1 toys while I was there, and had Bonnie Zacherle sign a G1 Applejack.

Been going to Bronycon since 2014, my first year there was amazing, subsequent years haven't been as fun, though still enjoyable.

Went to my first and last Nightmare Nights in Dallas earlier this year, was kinda melancholy cause 2017 was their last year. I about lost it when a fan jumped on stage during closing ceremonies and played Taps on his saxophone.

I shelled out for a hotel-tier badge for Everfree NW in Seattle next year, me and a couple friends are going there.

Conventions are a great place to relax, spend too much in the vendor hall (me and my friends spent more than $10k at Bronycon this year), spend time with current friends and make new ones.

Awesome :) I know the feeling, my local con BronyCAN had their last year this summer. It's sad when it's your local con ending, it starts to become a part of you after a certain time.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 03:22:54 PM »
I went to Bronycon for the past three years, and I've been to Fillycon in Philadelphia.
I know I'm definitely making plans to go for the full weekend this year for Bronycon, and maybe if Fillycon does have their second year I'll be going for a few hours.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 03:35:21 PM »
I've never been to a MLP convention or Fair...  I think I've gone to Comic Expo twice (before single day adult tix weren't $$$$)...

I don't like crowds so I don't think I'd enjoy it much...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 04:02:21 PM »
I went to UK PonyCon from 2012 to 2016 :) It was fun, I'm not really much of a convention person though.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 04:47:17 PM »
First one was one of the earliest pony meets in the UK, which was in Sheffield in...maybe 2003, I am not sure. It was organised by Linnie...I know Reaperfox was there and a few other people may remember it too :D

Otherwise for me it's been Ponycon, although not every single one. It depends on where it is and where I have been living at the time. I've been to smaller meets as informal gettogethers with people but the only realistic con for me as a G1 collector in the UK is ponycon. The Pony Fair in the US is a long and expensive flight away...while it ran in its original format.

I have navigational problems, and this year's convention was in a really awkward place, so next year's will depend how navigable it is. I have almost become lost or stranded because of venues far from stations and so I need to start being more careful. Thankfully this time I was rescued by a kind pony friend who drove me back to the station ;) but that usually decides whether I go to a con or not.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 05:58:42 PM »
I was at the Con in Minnesota years ago, 2006? I wasn't even on the arena, i just happened onto tickets, and mom and i drove up and went for a day.

Since then, i have concentrated on local meets and dreamed of cons. I love our meets, though, and if i had to really choose, i would choose them.

Both would be pretty cool, though!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 09:47:01 AM »
I have been attending UK ponycon since 2009, a few German conventions and I used to organize the Dutch version Hearths Warming Con.
I would really like to attend athe USA Fair. And if there are more collector minded cons in Europe I would love to go there too.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 11:13:36 AM »
I went to the Fair the second time it was in RI. I was unable to attend Hascon and regret it because some local people who went said it was actually really fun. Luckily it seems there will be another one in 2019 (I guess they are trying to make it every other year like D23) and next time I will go.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 07:51:48 AM »
I went to Bronycon for the past three years, and I've been to Fillycon in Philadelphia.
I know I'm definitely making plans to go for the full weekend this year for Bronycon, and maybe if Fillycon does have their second year I'll be going for a few hours.

Fillycon will have thier second year it just skipped a year I'm on staff last year I worked the kids room wonder if I saw ya I also do bronycon every yeaf

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal