collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 468612 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #1410 on: January 30, 2019, 06:38:52 AM »
:/
That sounds like an insulation problem to be honest. And not with your room. With the colder rooms.

You should partially close the vent in your room.

Yeah... Unfortunately the vent in my room is too hard for me to close at all. I need to get my dad to do it for me, I guess.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 30, 2019, 07:36:03 AM »
Maybe you should look into infrared thermography to see where the heat loss is in your house? I've read it's possible to do yourself, but also you can have a professional come in.

If you can get the other rooms to keep their heat, then your room will be more on par.

Otherwise just keep your door open, curtains open, and maybe crack a window.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 31, 2019, 07:26:33 AM »
I hate trying to find a mechanic to do maintenance on my car!  I tried to get a quote from a website and it said to call the location for the prices.  Um...if you're not going to give me a quote online, why offer it?  If I wanted to wait until I got there to find out how much it was going to be I wouldn't bother to try and price it out online first.  My debit account has a spending limit so sometimes I need to be prepared with extra cash so I can pay it all at once with stuff like this.  I know car repairs can be expensive.  Plus, mechanics ignore what I tell them because I'm a girl and couldn't possibly know that the car I've been driving for 9 years needs routine maintenance or that something is out of the ordinary.   :enraged:

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 31, 2019, 12:40:38 PM »
I'm making a new signature, but I can't find a suitable background picture. :pout:

EDIT: Fixed it. :P
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:04:36 PM by Broken Irishwoman »

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: January 31, 2019, 01:35:02 PM »
A cold, cold wind is a-blowin' and I don't like it. Cold weather in general is okay but freezing winds have that awful 'biting' feel and I just can't be doing with it! :drunk:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1415 on: January 31, 2019, 01:39:09 PM »
Totally have no work I need to do, yet feel guilty that I'm not doing it to such an extent that I just did my teaching preparation for NEXT week (even though I still haven't finished this week's teaching yet)...

Sigh.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 01, 2019, 08:35:47 AM »
The convention I usually do AA at is lottery this year. :/ And since apps are opening so late, the other summer option is already closed...

*Sigh*

I look forward to to the con every year because its my only escape from my very stressful life. (And all profits go to spending money for the year).

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1417 on: February 01, 2019, 08:41:39 AM »
I sprained my wrist when I slipped on some ice two days ago. It's not that bad of a sprain, but it makes me less enthused to work tonight.
Also, I'm stuck at work during the Super Bowl with nothing to do all alone...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 01, 2019, 10:50:55 AM »
Yet more injuries at work. I lost my grip on a tape gun yesterday and the teeth that cut through the tape dug themselves into the side of my hand (and it's in just the right place that it hurts like heck because simple everyday actions pull on the gashes), bashed and grazed both legs in the process of moving some pallets about, and there is a cut on my eyelid.
Never mind staying where it's warm, I'm staying where it's safe this weekend.  :pout:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1419 on: February 01, 2019, 12:56:32 PM »
Why do the phones keep ringing?! We have a landline and my dad and I have cell phones and all three have been ringing all day!

My anxiety is running high and my nerves are already frayed, I can't stand it! Everything is TOO LOUD and TOO BRIGHT and everyone is talking TOO MUCH.

I want to get away and hide in the deepest, darkest hole.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 02, 2019, 01:49:26 PM »
My friend bailed on me for a concert we were supposed to see today. I should be used to this by now, but it always ticks me off. We planned this months ago, and she was still on board just a couple of days ago. She’s not even sick or anything, she just found something more fun to do I guess.

Oh well, I guess i’ll Just go it alone. If she had gone she has a tendency to want to leave stuff early, so I guess I’ll be able to stay as late as I want!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1421 on: February 03, 2019, 04:53:52 AM »
I live in a hall full of morons.

Came out today to go do some basic shopping, to find the staircase blocked by a mattress. There is a lift down from my floor but that stairway is also the fire escape. So, when I came back from shopping, I went and moved the mattress (aka kicking it down the stairs and propping it up against the wall on the next floor down, as it's too heavy for me to lift). At least now the access is open again - but whatever idiot thought that was a good idea needs a slap.

While ranting, I also need to add that everyone goes crazy on a Sunday. The driving on the roads near my store was ridiculous, people doing turns in the middle of traffic and blocking turnings and such. And the driving of trolleys inside the store was just as bad. BUT the piece de resistance, I go to pay and on the automatic checkout there is a HUGE DEAD SPIDER.

I am fine with spiders, so long as they are alive. I cannot deal with dead bugs. If the spider had been alive, it would've been fine. In fact, I'd have been tempted to take it outside with me somewhere safer. But dead and half squashed on the scanner? Nope. Not using that till. Had to wait for the next one, and while scanning my shopping, my peripheral vision was people scanning stuff over the dead spider, squashing it further...

...Yeah. Not my favourite ever visit to Asda.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 04, 2019, 01:36:31 PM »
I lost my voice to a cold earlier this week.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 05, 2019, 05:04:39 AM »
I had a dream where my mom was yelling at me for whatever reason, and then she told my dad not to talk to me or cheer me up because "she's just too depressed to see past her own idiocy". A dream like that normally wouldn't bother me too much, but... I know for a fact that I've heard her say those exact words before, a long time ago. Not about me, but someone... One of my sisters? It must've been, my mom never speaks badly of non-family members. But that means one of my sisters has been depressed, and not only was our mom mean about it, I was completely oblivious. I mean, I'm a lot younger than my sisters, so it makes sense that I wouldn't have known what depression was back then, but still. I just wish it wasn't such a vague memory, so I'd at least know exactly what I'm regretting >_<

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: February 05, 2019, 10:09:27 AM »
My eyes think I have the flu. I don't. Yet they hurt, I can't keep them open and I have dark circles under them. This has been going on for three days now. Sweet.  >_<

My friend bailed on me for a concert we were supposed to see today. I should be used to this by now, but it always ticks me off. We planned this months ago, and she was still on board just a couple of days ago. She’s not even sick or anything, she just found something more fun to do I guess.

Oh well, I guess i’ll Just go it alone. If she had gone she has a tendency to want to leave stuff early, so I guess I’ll be able to stay as late as I want!

Ugh, I had a friend just like that... I understand the feeling completely! >_< Glad it has a good side too though!

Not trying to top your situation, but just for illustration: When we were about 8 she "couldn't" come to my birthday party because she had a new video game. She was my best friend, also my only friend... If I got a pony for every time she bailed on me, I'd have a huge collection. :P

He knows that they're the fool...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal