collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: That moment when you find a RAPUNZEL...........  (Read 4992 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: That moment when you find a RAPUNZEL...........
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2015, 07:42:19 AM »
There is doing your research and then posting the advertisement, and then there is posting your advertisement and then doing your research.
Please do your research FIRST!!!!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2015, 11:25:25 AM »
We're Tumblr friends for a reason then. ;)

:lovey: *pony hugs!*

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2015, 12:35:20 PM »
Oh no!!!!!!!! :yikes: :argh: I was hoping to read a happy story there for a minute! gah....so disappointing for you that she wants to keep Rapunzel, i am so sorry! :(
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2015, 12:36:04 PM »
Lying to you wasn't nice, but I can't blame her for backing out of the deal after she found out how much Rapunzel is worth.  Hundreds of dollars--she probably felt like she won the lottery!

Don't worry, you'll get Rapunzel someday.  :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 07:32:11 PM »
I've kinda had a similar thing happen to me. A collector on the Australian Facebook page said she was selling her collection and listed what she was selling including a very rare Greek pony. Unsure as to who it was, but me being a Greek collector I was very excited.  I messaged the person straight away saying no rush, but I'm very keen on your Greek pony. How much were you looking to get for her.
I also commented on the post saying I messaged her, no rush have a great Christmas. 

She commented on her post saying sorry I've been really busy I'll contact everyone soon. I said no worries. A few days later I commented on the post asking  if she received my message. A couple of days later she commented saying all is sold. She didn't message anyone back.

I refrained from spending any of my Christmas money for this pony and was going to sell ponies to fund for it too. I was so frustrated and so was a few other people I think.

I understand your frustration Whizzed,  you'll find your Punzie one day. :hug:

Post Merge: March 03, 2015, 07:33:54 PM

There is doing your research and then posting the advertisement, and then there is posting your advertisement and then doing your research.
Please do your research FIRST!!!!

Completely agree
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:33:54 PM by Princess-Sparkles »
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2015, 10:12:02 PM »
Oh well darn. Maybe next time. Lucky to find her local in the first place! You will get her soon enough :3

DemureGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 03:42:17 AM »
Worried I am in a similar situation. Saw someone selling some G1s for a very agreeable price so I messaged them saying I would buy. So she checked the postage and let me know, which I agreed to... then stopped replying to my messages. Really hope she is just busy and hasn't decided the ponies are worth more :(

Post Merge: March 06, 2015, 03:44:12 AM

Yeah... the ad has been removed from the board. I don't think I am getting these ponies :(
Darn it. There was a Tornado in there :(
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:44:12 AM by DemureGirl »

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2015, 04:14:45 AM »
So sorry to hear of your Punzie heartbreak!   :(  That sucks when you get your heart set on something only to have it snatched away. 
As both a buyer and struggling seller, I can see it from both sides... I guess it's fair to try and get a current market price, but being honest and communicating should happen ESPECIALLY if promises are made. 

I get that sometimes you change your mind-- I've been guilty of posting a pony on Ebay, then 30 seconds after the ad goes live later having a change of heart and deleting it. (Hopefully before anyone saw it!)  But it's different if you say you'll sell to someone, change your mind and sell it to someone else... that's not really fair play.

I hope you can find her one day!  (Some of the customs I've seen are incredible, until that day comes!)    :lovey:

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2015, 06:55:38 AM »
Being sheisty like that is definitely not cool. How hard is it for the seller to say, "Wow I just realized how much my pony is worth and I think I'll try to sell it on eBay." ?? That's totally fine. But lying or dropping off the face of the earth isn't. I've been lucky so far that no one has bailed on me, but I've only bought off Craigslist a couple of times.

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal