collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird things that have happened to you?  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Weird things that have happened to you?
« on: February 02, 2015, 05:39:20 AM »
Yesterday I was thinking about the time I was at Winn-Dixie getting my mom's prescription filled. I stopped by the flower station since I like to look at the flowers XD Then I turned to leave and BOTH of my flip flops broke! The tops snapped off at the same time and I have NO idea how since I didn't trip or anything. Weird that they would both do it at the same time. My sister and I had to make another stop and I already had to walk barefoot out to the car. We were passing a post office and I was like, "hey... they have tape." The most awkward question I will ever ask someone is I can use some packing tape to tape my shoes to my feet :lol: :lol: So I did and it worked out ok.

Then I realized I left my mom's prescription on the flower station counter... XD We rushed back to get it and luckily no one stole it :P

So what about you? Have any strange stories to tell? :bacon:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Weird things that have happened to you?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 07:29:08 AM »
My whole existence is a strange story......

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 07:43:21 AM »
One time I was reading a horror novel and got up to get ready for bed. Without looking I grabbed my toothbrush, put toothpaste on it and began brushing my teeth. I felt a hair on my tongue and put a finger in my mouth. When I withdrew my finger looked at it, there was no hair but instead a live spider standing on my fingertip.

Another time while reading horror, a book about a giant Big Foot-like creature stalking human prey, my next door neighbor started knocking on my door. When I answered she said that a large animal, which she thought was a bear, was hanging around the fence behind my house. She was concerned because a favored neighborhood cat from a few houses away had also seemed to have disappeared. She asked me to come outside with her and call for it.  If this wasn't all strange enough, the lady stood at my back fence meowing expecting the cat to show his face in response. Luckily the cat popped up later that day and I never saw this bear or whatever this weird lady thought she saw.

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 08:04:55 AM »
Back when I was living in an upstairs apartment....I looked out the window and I saw a little tiny white mouse walking down the sidewalk so I walked downstairs and I walked up to it and put my hand out and it jumped right into my hand and just sat there so I took it inside. I kept him and named him Lucky Bones.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 08:17:09 AM »
There were massive sand dunes at a beach a few hours north of here.  Like, 20 feet tall, have to climb over them to get to the other side.  It ate one of my flipflops.

On the story of flipflops, another year, on my birthday, one of them gave out while my sister and I were at an outdoor strip mall.  I had to walk barefeet until we were at a store that sold cheapish flipflops xD

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 02:51:07 PM »
Oh my goodness, that spider story!   :shocked:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 03:01:37 PM »
LOL re the OP's story. How funny that both straps broke at once!

One time I was reading a horror novel and got up to get ready for bed. Without looking I grabbed my toothbrush, put toothpaste on it and began brushing my teeth. I felt a hair on my tongue and put a finger in my mouth. When I withdrew my finger looked at it, there was no hair but instead a live spider standing on my fingertip.

Another time while reading horror, a book about a giant Big Foot-like creature stalking human prey, my next door neighbor started knocking on my door. When I answered she said that a large animal, which she thought was a bear, was hanging around the fence behind my house. She was concerned because a favored neighborhood cat from a few houses away had also seemed to have disappeared. She asked me to come outside with her and call for it.  If this wasn't all strange enough, the lady stood at my back fence meowing expecting the cat to show his face in response. Luckily the cat popped up later that day and I never saw this bear or whatever this weird lady thought she saw.

Yikes! You need to stop reading horror books if they are going to morph into reality!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 03:10:26 PM »
I have a weird spider story too.

This actually happened more to my dog, not to me. But it was strange.
This happened to my Chihuahua Dixie who passed away a few months ago, but not long before she passed.

I let her outside for a potty and when she came back in she was acting strange. She was trying to bite at her rear end and acting skittish. When she came back in I went to the bathroom and then went into the kitchen to get her so we could go back to bed. When I bent over to pick her up, I saw a weird silouhette on her rear of a spider. I did a double-take and noticed it was a HUGE furry spider riding on her butt. This spider looked like a tarantula. It was that big!!

Like a champ I screamed for my mommy. XD She was totally weirded out by the spider too. She couldn't believe something so huge latched on to such a small dog.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 03:55:01 PM »
I once had a damsel dragonfly fallow me around the bottle return center, I told it to and ordered it to sit on my hand and it did. I walked outside and it did not leave till I told it to.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 01:07:16 AM »
Many years ago I saved a butterfly from one of the cats. Instead of flying away it positioned itself on my neck below my right ear and sat there for a good ten to fifteen minutes before finally taking off.

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 02:04:46 AM »
Haha, I love this kind of topic! Spider stories ... Eek, that poor chihuahua. Once when I was taking a bath, I reached for a cup to use to rinse off. For whatever reason, I looked inside of it first, and a big black spider was staring back at me. I suppose it would have been a better story if I'd dumped a spider on myself. Oh, I just remembered an even worse one. I was done with a bath and opened the drain. The water wouldn't go down, so I figured there was hair stuck in it. I pulled it out, and realized that I was holding not a wad of hair, but a spider. Yuck!

Just last night, I was getting ready to wash the dishes. There was a stink bug on my dish drainer. It walked like ten laps around the top of the dish drainer. Once, it stopped and I swear it was looking at me, but then it kept going on its merry way. The patio is right off the kitchen, so I opened the sliding door and shook it out.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 03:29:54 AM »
These stories are great :lmao: Not so much the spider stories though! :yikes:
My Wish List

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 08:56:25 AM »
*shivers* Spider stories like that do NOT fall inot the weird category....more like screaming-fit-scary  :shocked:

And I have one too....but it's not quite so odd, when you consider I live in the countryside where spiders are bigger and all.....one hitched a ride onto a train with me one morning on my way to work. I sat down, put my bag on the floor and just noticed this brown, slightly pointy-looking spider sitting on my knee.

It was about the same time that *apparently* a lot of people in the area had noticed a non-native spider type running merrily round their homes and gardens. This pointy (no other word to describe it, its body wasn't round, it had corners on it I SWEAR) brown spider seemed to match the given description.

I screamed like a small child, and a lovely man (my hero! My lifesaver!!) reached across from the opposite aisle and swatted it off my knee with a newspaper.

I was shaking and everything. I really have got a mighty spider phobia, and if not for my man with the paper, I would probably just have frozen still right there, with that THING on my kneecap.

Uggg.
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 10:39:19 AM »
Not spiders, but once, while I was in the car, a something landed on my hair. When I picked it up, I saw that it was a wasp. Screaming like nobody, I toss it outside the car  :shocked: I'm very lucky that it didn't sting me.

Another day I had money falling from the sky. When I looked up, it was a little girl on a balcony tossing pennies on the street  :P

Other weird thing that fell from the sky were some kind of cookie crumbs, just in front of my way.

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 04:30:36 PM »
I got hit in the eye with a safety pin...

It all started a long time ago when Mori lestrange's grandpa ran over her bookbag.  Now me and Mori had library aid together which basically meant we did nothing and we got really bored, which meant we not only named them (mishka and George) but we wrote a song about them.

Well one day they turned on me.  Mori was getting sick to her stomach during art class.  She had to run to the bathroom and I told her I would let the teacher know and take her bookbag to the nurse.  Well when I went to pick up her bookbag I grabbed the strap, the safety pins both gave out and the strap came up and I got hit not once but twice by the safety pins right in my eye.  Everyone in class thought I was crying because both eyes instantly started tearing up but in was actually laughing really hard because it was such a Fluke thing!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal