collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "About you" survey, English 102 Homework (Thanks)  (Read 9862 times)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: ** SURVEY PLEASE FILL OUT ** For Homework
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 03:46:40 PM »
1. Gender and age range (9 or under, 10-14,16-19,20-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45 or over)
Female, 37.

2. Do you customize ponies?
   No.

3. Are you a member to any other PONY specific forum/websites
    Yes, MLPTP

4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?
Yes.

5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister?
God no. >.<

6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais
    your thought- Good or bad portrait of Bronies?
Nope, haven't seen it. Would if it was on TV though.

7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies.
    which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way?
Nothing specific, a few forum posts here and there.

8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention?
Pony Fair, in Rhode Island, 2009.
I didn't dress up.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 04:17:39 PM »
1. Gender and age range (9 or under, 10-14,16-19,20-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45 or over)
Female, 26

Yep. I started customizing in 2012.
   I've completed 17, and I've got about 10 WIPs at the moment.
   I make them mostly to keep or for gifts/swaps.

3. Are you a member to any other PONY specific forum/websites?
Nope.

3.5 Do you collect My Little Pony Toys, Merchandise or collectibles? (as is state no modifying)
Yes, though I only collect G4 Luna merchandise at the moment.
    Do you store them or display them?
They get displayed.

Yep

No

6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais
I haven't watched it

7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies.
I haven't watched or read anything related to any of the above mentioned points, outside of a few customization tutorials made by members around here on the arena.

Nope
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:16:35 PM by Kitkumi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline QueenNatalie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • /insert edgy song lyric here/
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 04:52:34 PM »
Female, 18

2. Do you customize ponies? Yes
   If yes- what year did you start? 2013
   How many do you think you have made? 4
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both? So far I've kept them but hopefully someday in the future when I have more time...
3. Are you a member to any other PONY specific forum/websites Yes
    which ones? Mlptp...
3.5: yes, and I display them
4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? Yes
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister? Absolutely not.
6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais I have not.
    which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way? Not really. I read the occasional article that gets posted here on the Arena. Not sure if this is relevant, but I've seen Bronies - the Musical (by AVbyte on youtube) and really liked it :)
8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention? Yes!!
    Which ones? - Pony Fair 2011, 2013, & 2014
    Did you dress up as a pony based character? At the 2014 Fair I dressed as Roseluck, sort of. :)

I tried to restrain myself from putting a smily face after every response, just thought I'd let you know. Good luck with your paper!! (I'm also writing a paper right now, but unfortunately not about ponies :P)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 02:24:04 PM by QueenNatalie »

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 04:57:21 PM »
Good luck with your project!  Here is my form.  I love filling out forms  :biggrin:

1. Gender and age range: female, 30-34

If yes- what year did you start? 2012
   How many do you think you have made? 10ish I think
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both? Mostly keep/gift, so far.

which ones? No

3.5 Do you collect My Little Pony Toys, Merchandise or collectibles? (as is state no modifying)    Do you store them or display them?  I collect ponies only.  I store the majority of them and display a few, which I rotate every couple of weeks.

4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?  Sometimes, not regularly.

5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister?  Nah.

your thought- Good or bad portrait of Bronies?  I've seen about half of it, not sure if it is a good or bad portrait (accurate or not) as I don't really know anyone in real life who is a brony.  I don't think it is very negative, as in, putting them down.

7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies.    which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way?  I've watched some youtube videos about customizing, and also read many customizing tutorials on deviantArt or individual customizer's websites.  I would say it was all portrayed in a good or neutral way - but of course they were all made BY pony fans and customizers!

8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention?  No.
    Which ones? - (I will include Comic-Com as long as you wonder around the Hasbro site a little)
    Did you dress up as a pony based character? (not import and you don't have to answer, personally just curious)  I might consider it if I did go to one, I love costumes :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:47:44 PM by SunPony »
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 04:59:08 PM »
1. Gender and age range (9 or under, 10-14,16-19,20-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45 or over)  35-39

2. Do you customize ponies?   No

which ones?
The Trading Post  and a german collectors forum. 
4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship  is Magic?  Yes, but not religiously.
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister?  No
  I have.  I think it brushed over the negative stuff way too much.  Like it was trying to tell the world how normal being a brony is.  And while I don't think it's necissarily bad to identify as a brony, denying or brushing off the negatives doesn't help.
  I have watched My Little Obsession which was about collecting my little ponies.  I thought it was good.  It was pre brony though.
8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention?   Yes, The My Little Pony Fair and also the Australian My Little Pony Fair.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 05:14:52 PM »
Female, 28
   If yes- what year did you start?
   How many do you think you have made?
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both?
I've toyed with customs but am very much a beginner, for myself/hubby and a few for swaps. According to my files I've made 13.
    which ones?
I have been in the past but no longer active. Had an old account once at the Trading Post, and was active on the Ponyville board for a few years. I also follow a few pony pages on Facebook but not active on them, just reading.
3.5 Do you collect My Little Pony Toys, Merchandise or collectibles? (as is state no modifying)
Yes - mostly just the ponies, but some merch as well that catches my eye. Depending on the merch it's a combo of displayed and stored. If I had the room and setup it would all be displayed, but for now the ponies have display priority.
Yup.
No, I consider myself a collector and fan.
No.
Yes. A few articles, and of course posts here, on bronies. Customizing - mostly just posts here.
Different articles and posts have shared different sides of each.

Which ones? - (I will include Comic-Com as long as you wonder around the Hasbro site a little)
    Did you dress up as a pony based character? (not import and you don't have to answer, personally just curious)
Hubby and I attended the 2008 Rhode Island pony fair, and this year we went to FanExpo (like Comic Con) - visiting the Hasbro booth and attending a panel with 2 of the FIM voice actresses. I didn't dress-up but did wear pony shirts each day (both G1 and G4 styles).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:14:21 AM by Kiwi »
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 07:52:44 PM »
Gender and age range (9 or under, 10-14,16-19,20-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45 or over)

2. Do you customize ponies? Nope!
   How many do you think you have made?
    which ones?

Yes - MLPTP
Yes, but not fanatically.
Nope.  I'm a collector, pure and simple.  It's all about the toys for me.
Nope, not yet.

For bronies: I've read a few articles which were generally unbiased either way.  I've read the discussions about the whole brony thing on the various collector message boards, but I steer clear of places like Equestria Daily and other brony exclusive sites.  I don't care that much about FIM, particularly the show.  All the information I'm interested in(what toys are coming out and where to buy them mostly) pops up here.
For everything else: I own all the MLP toy guide books.  I've been an adult collector in the pony community since 1996, so I've seen beyond countless websites on every aspect of MLP collecting, restoring, and customizing.  I can't even begin to describe how much pony information I've read over the years. 
Yes.  I used to be very active in the pony community.
I went to the MLP Fair twice when it was close enough to attend.  I went to Ponypalooza in 2000.  I used to attend ponymeets all over the place.  And I regularly go to SDCC.
    Did you dress up as a pony based character? (not import and you don't have to answer, personally just curious)
Nope.  I don't cosplay at all.

Good lord, yes!  I collect all sorts of MLP stuff, from all generations.  I'm big into accessories, ponywear, ponies, petites, merchandise, playsets, and pretty much everything else.  It's probably easier to list the things I DON'T collect:p
I have a few display cabinets, and what one could consider a "ponyroom", but my house is so small, and my collection is so large(I've been working for 2 years now on counting it, it's that big!), that at least 90% of my stuff is stored in bins throughout the house.  It's in the closets.  It's under the bed.  It's under the futon.  There's pony stuff stashed around the house wherever I can fit it.  Stuff that won't get destroyed by heat is stuck out in the garage.  I've got ponies coming out my ears:p
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:24:09 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 07:55:17 PM »

Female 20-29

2. Do you customize ponies? I've dabbled
   If yes- what year did you start? Around 2009 I think
   How many do you think you have made? 2
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both? Gift for a swap
    which ones? Nope just the Arena
I collect the US G1 ponies, playsets, ponywear, petites and any G1 merch I can get my hands on (including backcards and pamphlets). At the moment most of them are in the process of getting cleaned up to be displayed but I do have some already on my shelves.
4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? Nope and don't plan to.
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister? Never heard of Pegasister but no to both, I'm a collector and a great fan of the eariler G1 and G2s.
6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais Never even heard of it, sorry.
7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies. I've read most of the G1 inventory books (the one by Summer Hayes, one by Debra Birge and The My Little Pony Collector's Inventory: A Complete Checklist of All US Ponies, Playsets and Accessories from 1981 to 1992 by Hillary DePiano)
    which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way? Loved the first one by Summer Hayes as it's accurate and really informative, the one by Debra is pretty - I got it for the info and the pictures and the MLP Collector's inventory was just full of mistakes and really bugged me. They all showed collecting MLPs in a good light but as they were aimed at those already into collecting MLP they didn't really touch on the subject and this was pre FiM.
    Which ones? - (I will include Comic-Com as long as you wonder around the Hasbro site a little) Yep, the Australian Pony Fair (possibly the first one held back in 2008/9)
    Did you dress up as a pony based character? (not import and you don't have to answer, personally just curious) Yep I dressed up as Whirly the Windy Wing pony. I've also dressed up as Apple Jack but that wasn't at a Pony convention.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 02:42:11 PM by pony_magick »
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 08:40:01 PM »
1. Gender and age range 20-29
2. Do you customize ponies? No, I'm not artistic/creative enough
    which ones? Yes, the Trading Post but I never go on it
3.5 So you collect My little Pony toys, merchandise, or collectibles? Mainly toys but I will pick up some merhandise every now and then. My toys stay displayed in a nice glass cabinet with the rest of my collections.
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister? Used to but now I don't
6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais? No
7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies? I've read articles back when Bronies were a new thing so I don't remember which ones but they were all positive.
8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention? Nope
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 02:31:31 PM by Sprinkles »
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »
1. Gender and age range (9 or under, 10-14,16-19,20-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45 or over) Female, 20-29
2. Do you customize ponies? No
   How many do you think you have made? I've made one (1) in around 2005 for a school art project.
    which ones? I'm active on the Finnish collectors' forum Paratiisikartano (Paradise Estate). I technically have an account on the MLPTP but I don't really use it.

3.5 Do you collect My Little Pony Toys, Merchandise or collectibles? (as is state no modifying) Yes, mainly G1 toys.
    Do you store them or display them? Currently some of my ponies are in storage because I have no room for them all, but I prefer to display them.

4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? No
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister? No
6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais No
7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies. Whenever the hobby gets coverage in the Finnish media, I usually come across it.
    which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way? As one might expect, the fact that FiM has male fans seemed to draw a lot of attention at one point. While the portrayal in itself was not negative, the emphasis on gender seemed strange to me. The "transformation" of the pony toys from G1 to EqG has been lamented over. Portrayals of the collecting hobby are usually neutral or positive, but not always perfectly informed. Not long ago, the artist Mari Kasurinen was praised for her customs of pop culture icons. That's all I can think of off the top of my head...
8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention? No
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:41:11 PM by mul-ta »

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 07:39:43 AM »
I am female in the 20-29 range.

Yes, 2005-2006 maybe?
   How many do you think you have made? Less than 15?
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both?Gifts and Swaps, I only sold one or two I believe.
    which ones? The arena and one other.
4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? I watch it with my friends on occassion but it's not in my personal roster of shows that I watch.
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister? No.
6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais No
No, but the problem with making documentaries about how your nerd hobby is not weird and totally normal, is that you end up making it seem the complete opposite. That's the point of the nerd hobby, it's weird, not everyone's going to do it and a vast majority of the population is never going to understand(and in some cases approve_ your motivations for doing whatever things you do.
    which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way? Not really.
8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention? Yes
    Which ones? - Yes.  I've been to two mlp fairs.  One in Memphis and one in Rhode Island, but I forgot when there at.  I almost went to a brony convention this past weekend to witness teh spectacle but it was cheaper to go to the zoo, lol.
    Did you dress up as a pony based character? No but I've been thinking of cobbling together a tuneful costume for general nerd events.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 07:51:56 AM by elvenwine26 »
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • May the 4th be with you. Always.
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 08:34:30 AM »

I am a female in the 20-29 range (the end of the scale, eep!)

2. Do you customize ponies? Yes!
   If yes, when did you start? 2005
   How many do you think you have made? I've made a total of 40 customs!
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both? Most of my ponies were made for swaps, trades, as gifts to others or for myself. I have yet to sell a pony for money, but that may change in the near future.

3. Are you a member to any other PONY specific forum/websites? Nope!

I collect MLP toys (brushables and blind bags, G1 through G4). I display and store them.

4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?Eeyup!

5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister?Pegasister, if you please. Thank you ever so much, darling!

6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais Yes!
    your thought- Good or bad portrait of Bronies? This is a tough call to make. I loved the way the documentary was filmed and put together. It had nice flow and a good introduction to a few young bronies. It showed BronyCon in all its glory. In that sense, it was a decent portrayal of the fandom. But I think there was a lot of emphasis on "not fitting in" with the rest of society and also a heavy lean toward younger fans that may not necessarily be the best representation of the brony fandom as a whole. Films like this are tough to make without seeming off color. I'd say they did an okay job, but it could have been better.

7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies.Er, does the YouTube video series of Bin's Toy Bin count? I think it's a fun site dedicated to collecting blind bag/G4 MLPs.

8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention? I have not, I really want to one day to meet fellow collectors and have fun.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 12:41:36 PM by ChocolateStarfire »
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 09:26:06 AM »
1. Gender and age range Female, 20-29
   If yes- what year did you start? Hmm, 2009 maybe? Somewhere around there. But have only gotten really serious about it in the past year or so.
   How many do you think you have made? About 40
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both? I make them for swaps, trades, sales, and commissions. And there are a few that I have kept for various reasons.
    which ones? The MLP Trading Post
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister? Nope. I am a MLP Collector.
    your thought- Good or bad portrait of Bronies? Haven't watched it.
    which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way? Nope, just what I read on the forums really.
8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention?  Not yet. I hope to someday though.
    Which ones? None yet.
    Did you dress up as a pony based character? Nope

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline jade_surprise

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • Pegasu
    • View Profile
    • G3 Was Better
** SURVEY PLEASE FILL OUT ** For Homework
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 09:30:43 AM »
Nice topic choice!

1. Gender and age range: Genderless but DFAB, 16-19

2. Do you customize ponies?: I've attempted one or two earlier this year, but it's not something I normally do

3. Are you a member to any other PONY specific forum/websites?: No

4.Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?: Yes

5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister?: I hate those terms. I call myself a fan of My Little Pony and that's it.

6. Have you ever watched the movie "..."?: Yes I have, and the portrayal the Bronies is negative, per norm. I feel it puts a bad rep on everyone who watches enjoys it, not just the men they focused on.

7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies?: No, not particularly.

8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention?: No... Unfortunately not. I plan to, as soon as I have the money!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:32:43 AM by jade_surprise »

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 09:31:03 AM »
1: female, 20-29
2: yeah, but I haven't in years.  Probably started in 2002.  Not sure how many ive made and I usually make them as a swap or for someone specific.
3: Pony Island :)
4: Not really.  Ill poke at it if I happen to remember
5:No. Far from.
6: no.
7.Not really..if I have its bits and pieces.
8. Yeah, we went to the Pony convention in RI oh..6 or 7 years ago. G4 ponies did not exist at that time. No I did not dress up.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:34:00 AM by melodys_angel »

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal