collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is your weirdest pony incident?  (Read 1975 times)

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
Re: What is your weirdest pony incident?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 09:18:53 PM »
Imagine the looks that you get from your husband when he finds this:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

on the floor behind the toilet...
LOL

I have ponies sunning in the back room window wrapped in hand towels. You can clearly see them from the sidewalk kitty corner behind the neighbors house. They must think I'm into some weird pony mummification or somethin'...

I had my Mom sunfading a  pony at her place cause she has a window with better light. She had to explain to her neighbors why is was there X3

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 12:26:51 AM »
LOL. This thread is awsomeness. I dont have any stories either. :P

Thank you :heart:

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 02:22:59 AM »
funny stories   ;) ;)
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 03:15:16 AM »
I was popping the head off my childhood Stripes to clean her out and it turned out that there was a big curl of leftover plastic from molding attached to her neck seam on the inside of her body.
However, over years of childhood play the end of that leftover plastic had moved to her head and gotten tangled in the base of her mane.
Combine this with the fact that she is a pink pony and the result was that when I pulled her head off, it looked like she had guts for a moment there. That certainly took me by surprise. XD

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2014, 04:35:48 AM »
I purchased a Dancing Butterflies that the auction described as having holes in the bottoms of three hooves. When I got her I found these were not merely holes but burns. :shocked: They had all been melted right through the bottom the foot, leaving sticky residue on the outside. One hole was even slightly browned from the heat. Her one "good" hoof (the raised one) was apparently nearly burnt as well because the plastic there is all shiny and thin. When I popped her head off to scrub her out, long strings of the melted plastic were coming out of every leg, meaning she was held upside down while it happened. The poor dear! I can't imagine what tool you would use to pierce a pony foot or why anyone would even want to.

Offline Emberly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 02:22:34 PM »
 Oh oh I've got a good one. I opened up a baby Jebbers I found at a flea market-- half the head still factory-sealed.  Spilling from the neck was a giant poof of white. I pulled it--- and it was a replacement tail? But it was an adult tail, tied in half and threaded through the hole!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2014, 05:13:05 PM »
I just got a TE Speedy and TE Galaxy...both mint except for their sparse tails. Disappointed, i removed Galaxy's head to find 1/2 her tail had apparently been inside her body since the day she came off the factory belt! The hair was pristine...no aging, discoloration or anything. It looked like brand new from the box hair, and to top it all off it still had factory curl!
So then i went to speedy and darned if she didn't have the EXACT same thing! Her hair was straight, but stil...wackiness!

Offline Cucco

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • poniponiponi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »
I cleaned inside Wavebreaker and found a huge glob of transparent plastic inside her head cavity the same colour as ear wax  :shocked: I pulled it out, think I've still got it somewhere it was very strange. Someone tell me it was meant to be in there  :lol:

It sounds like a chunk of glue meant to hold the weights in place. You can read a little more about that here. :)

http://www.geocities.com/mlpwhizzer19/seafaq.html

On that note, I once found a little piece of pink rubber inside a Teeny Tiny pony, I think it was Tootsie. She was from the first lot of G1s I ever owned, and at first I thought it was a piece of Nerds candy. I have no idea what it was doing there.

And then there's my otherwise mint Hula Hula with a red-marker beard! :lol:

Thanks for these links! Since she is never going near water again I shall hang onto it still but not worry about replacing it for now  :)

I also found a tail hole sized bit of pink plastic inside my Pinwheel the other day from where her tail-hole was made. Not exactly weird but still.
I found a tail hole sized plastic chunk too! It was inside my TE Speedy when I restored her. It fell out during a rinse, so I picked it up and popped it right back where it had been cut to make sure it was really her tail hole plastic... and then had a good laugh. :lol:

Also... I recently acquired a Majesty with either a marker or cancer spot on her NDS cheek, and it totally looks like a beauty mark. It's cute!

Otherwise, nothing too out of the ordinary has happened to me buying ponies.
The G1 color-change hair set is my grail. Currently own: Mainsail, Seaflower, Shoreline

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 05:19:48 PM »
I just got a TE Speedy and TE Galaxy...both mint except for their sparse tails. Disappointed, i removed Galaxy's head to find 1/2 her tail had apparently been inside her body since the day she came off the factory belt! The hair was pristine...no aging, discoloration or anything. It looked like brand new from the box hair, and to top it all off it still had factory curl!
So then i went to speedy and darned if she didn't have the EXACT same thing! Her hair was straight, but stil...wackiness!

That is so crazy!  I remember a post a year or so ago where someone had found a small piece of paper with Chinese writing on it.  I think it ended up being a lot number or something related to manufacter and not a "message in a pony" style call for help LOL  I can't remember who's pony it was though.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 06:09:56 PM »

That is so crazy!  I remember a post a year or so ago where someone had found a small piece of paper with Chinese writing on it.  I think it ended up being a lot number or something related to manufacter and not a "message in a pony" style call for help LOL  I can't remember who's pony it was though.

I remember that! There was the one with a drawing of Big Bird's head that someone else found, and a bunch of bugs in another even though the pony was still sealed and there were no holes!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 06:12:29 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2014, 03:38:59 AM »
I'd forgotten about the bugs- ick! For weeks after reading that I had to brace myself before opening a pony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2014, 10:35:47 AM »
a new friend of mine, who knows I like ponies but doesn't know I have a room full of them, decides to come home after school with me because her parents were gone and she couldn't get in her house.

Imagine the look and questions she had after she saw this on the bathroom counter:

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2014, 10:41:37 AM »
Hmmm a jar full of pickled ponies  :biggrin:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2014, 12:26:47 PM »
a new friend of mine, who knows I like ponies but doesn't know I have a room full of them, decides to come home after school with me because her parents were gone and she couldn't get in her house.

Imagine the look and questions she had after she saw this on the bathroom counter:

Was there eye of newt and toe of toad in your fridge? :lol:
My BF and I are discussing moving in together....he doesn't know the extent to which we pony folk go to restore the apples of our eyes! I fear his thinking i'm a loon....
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:29:03 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 01:34:52 PM »
Here's one...not really an incident as much as the condition of a pony.

I've got a poor baity Glory fading on the windowsill--she has these dark purple marks on her body, that, when examined closely, spell "HONG KONG"! The little girl that owned her probably saw the "Hong Kong" printed on her hoof and thought it was her name. XD

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal