collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your favorite songs in My Little Pony?  (Read 2351 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
What are your favorite songs in My Little Pony?
« on: June 22, 2013, 01:55:04 PM »
I'd be interested to hear what you like about them as well, but it's up to you.  My personal favorites (in random order) are;

"True, True Friend" (G4) - I find this song to be really uplifting, and it just seems very fitting for the show's theme; it is an excellent song from an excellent episode (in my opinion) and I am often singing it to myself, it just sticks with me.

"Shine On" (G3) - This song is, to me, very heart-warming.  I really care about the meaning of this song (and the episode) that you shouldn't be afraid of being who you are, or what others will think of you.  The harmonizing of the characters are in perfect synch with each other, and this beautiful song always brings tears to my eyes when I hear it (I've even got some tears now, and that was just from thinking about the song... :sad:)

"Sea Ponies Song" (G1)" - G1 songs are actually pretty low on my list for the most part, but I love this one a lot.  It's just a nice happy song, and fully of energy, it really sounds like something I would have enjoyed as a kid, so it has a nice nostalgic attachment to it.  If there had been more G1 songs like it, there would be more G1 songs on this list.

"Cutie Mark Crusader's Theme" (G4)" - The song from the episode that brought me (back) into the fandom.  It has a nostalgic and sentimental attachment because of that fact, but I can also relate to the lyrics.  Even though the song is purposely out of tune because of the storyline (the CMC all did the wrong thing, the only thing done by the right pony was the lyrics) I can see past that, and it made know that I would care about the CMC, and that I had to be a fan (though they are now only one fraction of what I love about the show, I still care about them a lot).  I also love how they built it up during the episode, and then shown in full at the end.

"Make a New Friend Everyday" (G3) - I'm not really sure what I like about this one, but I know I love it.  It has a nice catchy sound to it, and the simplistic lyrics are actually one of it's strengths to it, I guess it has a nice charm to it (it's actually my second favorite G3 songs, the first being "Shine On").

"G3.5 Themesong" (err...G3.5) - By far my favorite theme for My Little Pony, ever.  It makes me feel really uplifted when I hear it, and strangely nostalgic, even though I didn't discover it until after I became a fan of G4, it feels like I'd been a fan for a lot longer.  Ironically, it was via a G3 hate video that first introduced me to it, although it was actually a lot tamer than most hateful material (yes, I know it's G3.5, not G3, but since when could the haters tell the difference?) and may have been the stepping stone, to me remembering that I had loved My Little Pony before G4 (since seeing it reminded me that there were shows before MLP: FIM).

"Art of the Dress" (G4) - Not only does it sound really good (and a good tribute to the original) it really helps me relate to Rarity in this episode, I can totally emphasize with her here, so it's nice she got a good sounding song for it.

"Positively Pink" (G3) - This song shares some factors of my views on "True, True Friend" (that I can't stop singing it to myself) and "Make a New Friend Everyday" (that I love it a lot, but don't know why exactly).

"Smile" (G4) - Not only does it do what it sets out to do, it has a nice nostalgic attachment to it, because it sounds like something that could have been released at the beginning.  I love how it practically has its own music video, and brings me back to the time when it probably would have been released as a real song.  I also love how the FIM team teased us with it by leaking it, and not saying when exactly it was going to be in the show.  By the time it actually did make its appearance, many bronies that wanted to hear it feared that it was either never going to be used, or it would be too forced and not really work after all the hype, but in my mind, it did.

"Love's in Bloom" (G4) - It has a lot of things I like; is romantic, has a nice 80s sound to it, and sounds like something that could genuinely be played.  It was by far the best song of the episode (I think I'm the only brony in existence who didn't like "This Day Aria").

As a side note, I also love how the My Little Pony franchise has kept the same opening bars in almost every song it did, both in the shows and a couple of commercials too.

What I mean is, the one that starts with ten notes (usually the lyrics here are; "My Little Pony, My Little Pony..." then six, seven, eight or so notes for the next line.  Tales didn't use it, and it had no lyrics in My Little Pony and Friends (it was the instrumental part of the song).

Hope you didn't mind the long post there. 
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline BrittzMylilPony

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are your favorite songs in My Little Pony?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »
The only songs I care about is the opening theme songs for the G1 ponies :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »
Oh, lots and lots, though I may not know all their names. The sea pony song is goofy fun. Wherever There's a Rainbow sums up G3 really well. Somewhere Super New is surprisingly catchy, as is the song from Greetings from Unicornia. Wysteria's gardening song is just beautiful, and I wish there weren't noisy Zipzee sneezing shenanigans overlaid on top of it. Two For The Sky is quite well-done. Art of the Dress is glorious, and manages to stand out even within a better-than-average episode. Becoming Popular lends itself to many repeat listenings. Smile is perfect happiness. That one song about the Crystal Empire's history is a fun jingle.

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 03:08:00 PM »
i like most of those songs too XD tho art of the dress gets a little repetitive but hey  and my top favorite is still the Original theme song. heck I even loved the tale's opening song
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 04:46:23 PM »
Intro for G1 and I also love the sea pony song!! Other than that I really don't remember any... I have no idea about g3 and g4 songs...
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

kirei_na_sakura

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 05:09:33 PM »
G4 "True true friend" and "What my Cutie Mark is telling me". I've never had the pleasure of watching other seasons of MLP.  :(

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 08:07:12 PM »
I like the "lets not take a nap" song from escape from Catrina, I find myself singing it for no reason at least once a week, mostly when I AM wanting to take a nap at work lol

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 10:21:42 PM »
There was a song from G1 that someone linked here a while ago that I really, really liked... I can't remember what it was though. :( Megan was singing it, and it was all about how tomorrow is a new day and it was something like... "there's always a new rainbow tomorrow" or "the sun will still shine tomorrow." Can't quite remember it though. Sorry! :blush:

I also like the MLP Tales theme and a lot of the songs from the show, goofy as they tend to be. As far as G4 goes, I adore This Day Aria. It's really a very impressive piece of music from a very impressive episode.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 11:15:11 PM »
All the songs from Rescue at Midnight Castle and My Little Pony the Movie :lovey:
My Wish List

Offline Rainbow Revolver

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • An actual dog!!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 11:35:01 PM »
For G4 I reeeeally like This Day Aria and also Smile, Smile, Smile!
As far as G1 goes, I enjoy Call Upon The Seaponies and Applejack's Song and a bunch of others. uwu

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4155-8870

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 11:44:26 PM »
I forgot about This Day Aria! I have listened to that song an insane amount of times on YouTube :drunk:
My Wish List

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 12:22:01 AM »
Call upon the Sea Ponies- best pony song ever! I love G4 but you cant beat the original jingle of that song!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 12:56:17 AM »
The song is called "There's Always Another Rainbow". That and the sea pony song are my favorites from G1.  From G4 it's Pinkie's smile song. Not a PP fan but that's always a good mood booster.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Gusty365

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • The MLP Series Resource
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 01:04:07 AM »
I'm a G1 song fanatic so my list is huge, I've pared this down to my absolute favorites:
Be Glad You Are Who You Are - Sweet Stuff and the Treasure Hunt
Stretch Yourself to the Limit & How Can I Be a Hero? - End of Flutter Valley
Let a Song Carry You Along, What Do You Give to a Troll? & Oh, For a Rainy Day - The Magic Coins
Somewhere There's a Little Piece of Rainbow, Call Upon the Seaponies & Dancing on Air - Rescue at Midnight Castle
We're Not Gonna Freeze - Baby, It's Cold Outside
Always Look Twice - Fugitive Flowers
Let's Not Take a Nap - Escape from Katrina
All Through the Night - The Golden Horseshoes.

I just loved all the great messages from the original series songs.

Oh and I LOVE Winter Wrap-Up from the Hub series, I always get it stuck in my head.

Click to go to the MLP Series Resource!

Tirac

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 01:08:42 AM »
Hmmmm, Original opening and Dancing on Air from Rescue at Midnight Castle.
And From the Sun from the End of Flutter Valley.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal