collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Moonracer's restoration thread - opinions, suggestions etc.  (Read 317 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
Moonracer's restoration thread - opinions, suggestions etc.
« on: September 12, 2012, 09:25:57 AM »
So... for the past couple months I've been trying to restore a couple ponies which I've been buying from various places here and there. In this thread I'll be posting "before and after" photos as well as photos of the ponies which I'll be giving a try at restoring, asking for people's honest suggestions and advice, regarding the pony that's about to be restored.

Let's start with the first pony: Euro Confetti. I won her in an internet auction a couple weeks ago. I was really delighted to have gotten her, since 1) she's a rainbow pony, 2) she's in a shy pose which is one of my fav poses in G1.

However, when the package finally arrived and I opened it... I was horrified. The whole thing was covered in pin dot! D: Poor Confetti... :( Fortunatelly though, I managed to get nearly all the pin dot off of her after a couple Oxi Clean baths.

Sadly though, her body still has those ugly brownish dirt stains on her display side... Here's the photo:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Not sure if you can see them, but here's what it looks like... I can take another one if you'd like...

Those brown spots on her hind leg, right below the symbol, aren't cancer marks - these are just pindot which hadn't gotten off completely.

Like I said, those spots are very pale brown and they look like someone tried to smear her with mud. I tried everything to get them off... I'd be willing to give her a few more Oxi Clean baths, but then again I'm scared for her glittery simbols: her ND side looks okay, but her display side already lost some glitter...

So, any ideas what to do? :(

I'd appreciate any help and words of advice: it'd be a shame to bait poor Confetti, especially that she's got really lovely soft hair and tail, and perfect eyes. If not for those stains (and glitter loss) she'd be in perfect condition.

I tried looking for a tutorial, but couldn't find anything that would help me solve this specific issue... :(

Thanks in advance!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Moonracer's restoration thread - opinions, suggestions etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 10:50:04 AM »
I would stick her body in a jar of 3% peroxide for a few weeks. Not sure if it will help with this case but it whitened and got rid of the cancer marks on my Starshine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Moonracer's restoration thread - opinions, suggestions etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 03:13:44 PM »
I hate to say it but are you certain they are not cancer/age marks? The plastic breakdown could well be in the same area as the original pindot...if you are certain they are not have you tried a magic eraser? And if not you could try a good old sunfade to remove them. If none of this works then I would go back to the original suggestion that they could be plastic breakdown in which case you could try the "prick" into the plastic and drip acetone into the spot to see if that breaks down the chemical.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal