collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's your favorite part of collecting?  (Read 2351 times)

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite part of collecting?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 10:46:20 AM »
I love finding ponies in unexpected places! Or when relatives buy me ponies as a surprise. I have an aunt that buys me ponies from yard sales sometimes, she's so sweet. :)
And, I love spa days! :D I buy ponies from eBay in lots every once in a great while so I can clean them and make them look super pretty. And I love love LOVE playing with my ponies. :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 03:55:26 PM »
2 things for me...first ponies make me happy! It sounds silly but each and everyone one of them are adorable to me and looking at my pony shelves makes me smile. Second I am a completionist so I need every single little pony and all their accompanying accessories - thats the obsessive in me I think!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 04:16:48 PM »
I'd say The Hunt.
I like the high feeling when you do get a pony while thrifting, call me mad but last time when I spotted some ponies in a market I was like "THANK YOU SELLER!!". XD
Then.. cleaning. It depends on how demanding the pony cleaning is. But if the pony does look almost new after a good cleanse I'm very glad. :)
I take my time in cleaning my beloved ponies, and aim to get them looking as new as possible.
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 11:12:09 AM »
I adore the thrill of the hunt. Sadly, I don't get much thrills anymore when it comes to physically looking for them at places like flea markets. At least, not for G1s. I oftentimes resort to online purchasing these days.

Also, ponies give me some excitement and something to look forward to in my otherwise boring life.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Fanimusmaximus

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 08:58:34 PM »
The hunt can be a nuisanse at times. I collect for the History and the character behind the figure. Mostly though it's for the designs. I like to buy the flashy ones that stick out.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 09:09:24 PM »
I love hunting, buying, fixing their hair, holding them, looking at them, the excitement I get when I get ponies in the mail or win a pony auction and the happiness that each pony gives me! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »
I love finding G1 ponies at any yard sale, flea market etc. that I go to. I buy all ponies if the price is decent, doesn't matter if they are my little ponies or fakies. I have a few that I would love to have but don't look just for those ponies when I am out looking. They are so much fun and I love finding ponies with flaws who can become a custom.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal