collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who watches SMASH?  (Read 1760 times)

LoftyWings

• Trade Count: (0)
Who watches SMASH?
« on: April 30, 2012, 07:19:28 PM »
Is anyone else into SMASH? I am LOVING it. Of course, as an aspiring actress myself it's really thrilling to watch. I think my favorite part so far was last week's Bollywood number. A-MAHZING! (OK, I've officially been listening to XM's Broadway channel way too much...) Anyway, does anyone else here watch it, and what do you think? :D

OH, and I'm totally team Karen. What about you?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Who watches SMASH?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:00:56 AM »
It only started in the UK about 2 weeks ago - so I may be behind you in watching it! But I am hooked....

I am undecided on who I prefer - I feel a little sorry for Ivy at the moment...but I think my "non team Karen-ness" is because Katherine McPhee annoyed me in American Idol [and I dont know why...she seemed lovely enough! maybe I am just to judge-y]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 04:03:05 AM »
I haven't watched it yet but it looks brilliant!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

LoftyWings

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 05:34:36 AM »
Ooh, hathorcat, you are in for a wild ride! We are only 2 episodes away from the end of the series in the US and every new preview for upcoming episodes is more intense!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 06:35:18 AM »
Ooh, hathorcat, you are in for a wild ride! We are only 2 episodes away from the end of the series in the US and every new preview for upcoming episodes is more intense!

Oh really!!! I didnt realise we were so far behind lol [although maybe shouldnt be surprised...lol] - how many episodes are there? Is it like a mini series?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 07:01:55 AM »
Not me. Really not my sort of thing. Glad you are enjoying it though.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 07:39:17 AM »
I love it - and yes, the bollywood number was craking me up!!

I also can't decide which "team" I'm on. I go back and forth. Ivy can be way too manipulative, but I like her, and I like the idea of her getting the role because she has been in the industry for a while. And Karen, I like her voice better, but something about her just bugs me so much!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 12:32:20 PM »
I love watching it too, although I am two episodes behind on my DVR.  We were out of town two weeks ago and I haven't caught up on my shows yet.  ;)

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:28:38 PM »
I need to watch this. I just keep forgetting to.

LoftyWings

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 11:37:08 AM »

Oh really!!! I didnt realise we were so far behind lol [although maybe shouldnt be surprised...lol] - how many episodes are there? Is it like a mini series?

It's a regular series, and actually I misspoke (though the way you in the UK use the term "series" you may have understood me), here in the US we are two episodes from the end of the first season, which is 15 episodes long. In March NBC renewed it for a second so it will continue on after a break.

See, Katharine McPhee was my favorite her season of Idol (back when I still watched it), plus as "green" actress myself I relate to Karen more than someone like Ivy who has a show or two at the professional level under her belt. That said, I do sympathize with Ivy, but (without giving spoiler details) there are some really mean and cutthroat things she does to Karen that keep me from ever rooting for her. Playing the political "game" of the theater world is one thing (all actors do it) but you don't have to be malicious about it like she is.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 01:32:41 PM »
Not my cup of tea, though it does look interesting^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline babyblueducky

• That's Quacktastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • That's quack-tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 09:58:14 PM »
i watch it. i like the show and the songs, but i would prefer if karen over ivy being marilyn. i think julia can be a bit annoying with her drama between her husband and michael. boo hoo. i dont get why they chose uma thurman to be marilyn. she is a bit older than what marilyn was, she is too tall and not at all busty and curvy. which is what ivy is, but ugh, she has a lot of drama too.

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 10:45:52 PM »
I do! And I look forward to each episode. But then Broadway showtunes and musical theater is a hobby of mine.

I met Megan Hilty when she was in 9 To 5 in LA (and I think I have her autograph somewhere), but I'm still team Karen. :-)
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

LoftyWings

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 05:34:35 AM »
i dont get why they chose uma thurman to be marilyn. she is a bit older than what marilyn was, she is too tall and not at all busty and curvy. which is what ivy is, but ugh, she has a lot of drama too.

That's the whole point. She's the movie star being pulled in just 'cause she's a name, and it drives the theater actors CRAZY. They do it all the time to publicize shows on Broadway, most notably with revivals. So bringing in a woman who doesn't quite look the part, is too old, and can't sing or dance BUT is famous with a huge following is JUST like what they do in real life all the time =/

Look at it in the context of the TV show, and not the Broadway show being performed within the series. The producers of the TV show didn't pick Uma Thurman to be Marilyn, they picked her to be the movie star actress with no business playing the part but gets picked all the same 'cause she's famous. (And I think she's doing a fantastic job playing that role).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:36:22 AM by LoftyWings »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal