collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your favourite pony - now and then  (Read 11386 times)

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Your favourite pony - now and then
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 12:51:07 PM »
When I was a kid, my favourite was probably either Medley or Merry Treats.  I loved Merry Treats, especially, since Christmas was my favourite time of the year back then :P 
Nowadays, I'd have to say my favourite pony is Bon Bon (from Tales).  I love the colour combo, and I am so much like her character in the show, lol. 

Offline pop-girl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/mlppopgirl/pop-customs
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 02:30:47 PM »
My favorite has always been G1 Posey. :lovey:

When I was in elementary school my mom took me to the toy store at the mall and told me I could pick out a reward because of my improved report card. I picked out G1 Posey.

I still adore her and think she's under appreciated. I love her soft colors and her pose is so proud and elegant.

How can anyone not love this pony???
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Love & Miss My Pony Peeps!  :lovey:

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 02:36:55 PM »
I dunno if I'd call it a favorite (since I only had one) but it was a light green toy pony that would make horse sounds and upon that happening, a light on her forehead would also light up. Wasn't into MLP at the time (probably never knew about it in the first place and likely wouldn't have enjoyed it). Now it's Nightmare Moon from FiM.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:39:06 PM by StarSwirl05 »

Offline Chai

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • yoga pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »
As a kid I was only aware of G2s, and my favorite was Berry Bright. <3 I still love her! Now my favorites are Berry Bright, TE Speedy (<3 <3 <3), Blossomforth, and Fluttershy (because of her personality!). I'm also a fan of Bright Eyes because my dad always told me I was "bright eyed and bushy tailed". :P

thanks to sunnyrain for my avatar and sweetmelons for my sig.

Offline ElleJay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 03:05:51 PM »
I was only aware of G2's too when I was a kid. My favourites were Ivy, Cupcake and Golden Glow. Cupcake was one of the first ponies I got and her hair was amazing, it sat better than all the other ponies manes.

Now my favourite ponies are still the ones mentioned above, as well as Banana Surprise, Sugar Sweet and Milky Way.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »
As a kid?  Powder!  She's a purple unicorn... how much more awesome can you get?  :)

Now...  Baby Squirmy.  She just has the cutest face!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

ladybrooklyn

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 11:46:51 PM »
Sorta on topic... :lol: But I've been thinking about this lately...

There are a great many things that I like today... that I can trace back to MLP, specifically Gusty (as well as Strawberry Shortcake...)

First... My favorite color... Purple. I'm pretty sure this stems from Gusty's leaves... and MLPs in general! :lol:

Second... I LOVE Fall Leaves as a motif.... design... etc.  I decorate with them... and I designed my Rennaissance costume around them years ago... :D Yup... Pretty sure this comes from Gusty...

Next.. my love of my birthstone... Emerald. And not just any old Emerald... I specifically LOVE the deep, clear, emerald green ones! In fact, I prefer LAB created emeralds more often than not, because they have the right color... whereas many "natural" emeralds these days, are a lighter green, closer to peridot... than Emeralds. (Hubby did good! My engagement ring... tho he tried really hard to convince me I wanted a diamond... is a NATURAL, deep green Emerald! I will NEVER trade/change/upgrade that ring!!! :heart: )

Yup... Pretty sure that shade of green is Gusty's fault... :devious:

And then there's the fact that... to this day, I not only collect MLPs (which led to Breyer model horses... and thus my "career" painting and customizing them as an artist... ), and model horses... but they play a MAJOR part in my life... 20+ yrs later!

As for Strawberry's influence... I recently rediscovered the set with the little donkey. Seeing a picture of that donkey brought back a FLOOD of memories that I had forgotten. I'm pretty sure that my love of donkeys, and Brighty of the Grand Canyon specifically... can be traced back to that little donkey toy... as well as "Nestor the longeared donkey"... and "Small One"....

It's amazing really. When you stop and think about, just how much influence those early toys can have on your later life! :good:

Ok... I'm done now... :cheer:

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 12:43:35 AM »
I loved Masquerade when I was a kid. All my G1's came from markets and such, so she was the only TE I had, and I think that's what won me over XD Princess Silver Swirl was also a big favourite. Skip to when I was collecting G3's, 9-10 years old. Starcatcher was my favourite simply because she was a pegasus. Coconut Grove and Thistle Whistle came close after, but I still played with Masquerade a lot too. Now today my favourite is still Masquerade!

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

vinzydesigns

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 01:12:58 AM »
Gusty and Sugarberry <3

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 02:39:10 AM »
My favourites when I was three were Daddy Bright Boquet (he was big brother to my babys sister bright boquet) and baby sister bright boquet, also I adored by only seapony splasher! Now I adore Mimic and the year 3 seaponies! xxx

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 04:03:33 AM »
G1 Twilight was always my 'special' pony.
She was so high on my list of needs when I was recreating my childhood herd. Gusty and Wind Whistler too.

They haven't really changed though I am painfully fond of Twilight Sparkle from FiM..hehe :p
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 07:48:55 AM »

Then and now--plain old CF Cotton Candy.

I got her for Christmas 1984, she was always my favorite, and she was the only one I kept that fateful day in high school when I sent all that was left of my large collection to the Salvation Army (ugh).  I still have her, and she still looks good!  She does have a donor tail.

Bubbles is a close second--wanted her desperately growing up, never got her (or even saw her).  She did not disappoint when I finally got her in 1998.  Seashell (same story) very close third--found her in 1998 at an attic sale, which restarted my collecting.
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2012, 08:02:28 AM »
I don't remember my favorite from when I was a child. I remember Wind Whistler, Beach Ball and Buttons, and I remember playing with them and Bridal Beauty in the garden, but I'm not sure whether I had a particular favorite.

I do remember when I was slightly older that G2 Silver Swirl and G2 Princess Crystal were my favourite G2s. Still are. :)

Now I have a lot of ponies with sentimental value, but the three I'd go back to would be Wind Whistler, Beach Ball and Buttons.

Valkohai

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2012, 10:36:33 AM »
Fav pony as kid - Suprise, Gusty and/or Fizzy
Fav pony from my collection as a kid - Kisscurl

(ponyless timeline)

Fav pony now - Rarity
Fav pony from my collection - Rarity

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2012, 10:48:03 AM »
My favourites have pretty much stayed the same as well. I had never seen Gusty or Fizzy toys but I loved the artwork and cartoon versions of them, they were my two favourite ponies. Although my favourites from the ones I actually had were Hair-Do Bangles and Pony Bride.

Gusty has remained my all-time favourite pony, and I still like Fizzy, but Butterscotch has recently taken her place as my second favourite. Green and brown are my favourite colours and I adore Butterscotch's warm toffee brown tones. ^^

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal