Creativity > Customs

Fairy and Butterfly wing question

(1/2) > >>

sd_dreamcrystal:
Hey guys

I have a bit of a question when it comes to making fairy/butterfly wings with transparency sheets. Now I've used Pop's wing tutorial for winger pony restores (with a slight modification), but I'm wondering if there is away to attach wire to the wings to make wire curls at the tips.. like what most people would do with Fantasy film (which I don't have access to other than online and not really having the space to store more stuff XD).

I have one custom that has been pending and her partner as been too but the idea just struck me XD

piper:
on my old tutorial, there is an image of dragonfly wings made from printer transparencies where the wire continues out past the end of the wingtip - is that what you mean?

If so, I used to run the wire along the top edge of the wing - I hope that makes sense?!

Wing Tutorial

edit to add

ALL the different wing tutorials lol

Icecrystalline:
Those wings are beautiful! I wanted to ask the same thing :) Thanks! xxx

sd_dreamcrystal:

--- Quote from: piper on February 21, 2012, 10:25:57 AM ---on my old tutorial, there is an image of dragonfly wings made from printer transparencies where the wire continues out past the end of the wingtip - is that what you mean?

If so, I used to run the wire along the top edge of the wing - I hope that makes sense?!

Wing Tutorial

edit to add

ALL the different wing tutorials lol

--- End quote ---
That's what I am talking about XD I looked at that first one and noticed the wire looks like it runs on the inside of the wing?

piper:
You can either sandwich the wire inbetween the printed wing and the irridescent backing or just attach the wire to the back of the wing.

Thats what I tended to do anyway! LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version