collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Petite Pony Collectors!  (Read 3680 times)

Offline PeachyPie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • ~*~*Wishlist*~*~
G1 Petite Pony Collectors!
« on: June 27, 2016, 11:27:49 PM »
I've decided that I'm going to grow my collection of G1 Petite Ponies. I remember having the Music Twinkle Set as a little girl and they are just so sweet.

So I would love to see if anyone else collects them specifically (or doesn't for any particular reason) and I would love to see any collections!!

Also, are there super rare ones/sets? Can a Petite Pony be super expensive? Any information or discussion welcome!!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: G1 Petite Pony Collectors!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 01:00:29 AM »
I think the more expensive/valuable ones are those that were made in Year 9 (glowing magic, bright sight, and twinkle pony sets).

Here's a good resource about the different petite pony sets: http://www.ponylandpress.com/petites/

I have maybe 10-12 petites: a couple from the Pretty Pony Parade and the rest are all from the Ponytail sets. They were the very first ponies I started buying as an adult MLP collector. My main interest was the Ponytail sets because those were the ones I had as a kid.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 01:51:08 AM »
The rarest and by far the most expensive petites are the G2 Toyfair petites.  They were distributed at the 1997 Toyfair as a promotional item, and the are next to impossible to find.  The last set that came up for sale was several years ago, and went for over $500(MIP).  I have 2 sets - MIP and loose. I was in the community when they came out, which is how most people who have them, got them. 

Here they are:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I collect petites, and I have the full line:)  The Bright Sight, Twinkle, and Glowing petites are the hardest to find and most popular, but there are some European versions of playset petites that are hard to track down as well.  Basically, for each playset there was a special petite released with it.  The USA got molded hair versions, and Europe got the "ponytail" versions.  This is true for all the smaller playsets, but the castle only had the ponytail ones for USA and European release.  The ponytail ones are usually harder to find.

Here are some of my other petites:

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 05:36:57 AM »
I have an army (of molded tails) and many for sale (or trade)!

Here are some, accessory inconsistencies drive me nuts!

I have not really taken any photos of my collection, but aside from the G2s my collection is complete (I believe).
http://s591.photobucket.com/user/chipsterj/library/Collection/Ponies/Petites?sort=3&page=1

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 06:41:22 AM »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline PeachyPie

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • ~*~*Wishlist*~*~
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 05:31:01 PM »
The rarest and by far the most expensive petites are the G2 Toyfair petites.  They were distributed at the 1997 Toyfair as a promotional item, and the are next to impossible to find.  The last set that came up for sale was several years ago, and went for over $500(MIP).  I have 2 sets - MIP and loose. I was in the community when they came out, which is how most people who have them, got them. 

Ok WOW!! I had no idea that there were G2 Petites. I get waaay to excited when I find out about new ponies I didn't know about. My poor bank balance......

All these petite collection pictures are giving me heart palpitations! I think i'm in love  :lovey:

Post Merge: June 28, 2016, 05:31:42 PM

I have around 10 petites. I still am looking for the orange royalty twinkle petite to replace my childhood one. I also have the Happy Hearts cottage.  Here are a couple of pics.

If I see her in my travels I will let you know x

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 07:11:37 PM »
Thanks PeachyPie. I did see one on Ebay recently but I couldn't bring myself to pay $40 for one petite pony.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 07:36:44 PM »
Thanks PeachyPie. I did see one on Ebay recently but I couldn't bring myself to pay $40 for one petite pony.

Ponyfan

Agreed... me neither, I can't bring myself  to charge that much for one either...

Offline PeachyPie

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • ~*~*Wishlist*~*~
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 08:15:25 PM »

Ponyfan

Agreed... me neither, I can't bring myself  to charge that much for one either...

YIKES!! $40! I struggle to pay that for a regular G1.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 08:19:52 PM »
Those sparkle petites are sooo htf! And sooooo expensive! I had a full set of the sparkle petites from childhood, but sold them to a collector in 99. :( I sold the whole set for $25. I regret it ever day!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 09:04:15 PM »
I have most of them, but still lacking some sparkle petites and a couple of bright sights and playset ones. I got lucky a couple of years ago and managed to get the almost complete set of bright sights and all the glowing magic petites off ebay. There was an auction last week with most of the sparkle petites mixed in, but I had to let it go because I had already spent a big amount on something else. I hope to have the whole set one day as well as  the g2's.

Offline Trish

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 01:14:42 AM »

Here they are:
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/goddessofpeep/Collection/G1_Ponies/G1_Petites/Ponies/G2_PETITE_03_zps540c5052.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/goddessofpeep/Collection/G1_Ponies/G1_Petites/Ponies/G2_PETITE_01_zps96df5135.jpg

Drool.... you should totally let me know if you ever decide to sell them. I would pay a kidney and a leg for sure :P

I've been collecting on and off for a couple of years now, mostly G1 and G2 stuff but it has varied. Always had a large interest in the petites and other small ponies I have around 65 of them and only missing a few of the glowing ones. My favorite of the odd bunch are the euro stamper versions. Apparently there were 6-7 different of poses and colors that were sold. My Little Wiki has a good list of them.

Wantlist | Swaplist (OLD!) | My trades/sales (OLD!)

Sapling

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 01:23:59 AM »
I have a load of these from childhood, they are still at my parents place and need to be rescued! I had nearly all the UK release playsets and I think all the ponies have the curly spiral hair. I'm sure I've got the same pony eg pizza pony in different colours but can't see that on these examples. I don't have any from the second year. I'll have to go and get them. I've got a castle I can't see on these pictures. Unfortunately the playsets are in bits and the plastic is discoloured.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 03:42:51 AM »
I have a load of these from childhood, they are still at my parents place and need to be rescued! I had nearly all the UK release playsets and I think all the ponies have the curly spiral hair. I'm sure I've got the same pony eg pizza pony in different colours but can't see that on these examples. I don't have any from the second year. I'll have to go and get them. I've got a castle I can't see on these pictures. Unfortunately the playsets are in bits and the plastic is discoloured.

More than likely.
The first 3 sets that were released contained 4 ponies per set. Each set contained the same symbols. It is not uncommon to have 3 different colored ponies all with the same symbols... Then if you get in variations with symbol size there are even more in the mix.

Delaneys

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 06:42:05 AM »
Yikes, I have that set MIB!   Any offers for $500.?  LOL   I also have the Glowing Magics, Bright Sights and the Twinkles and Sparkles....I need price check on those as someone wants to buy them.  Just ballpark of average price for VGC individuals from those sets are fetching these days.  Thanks!  Jeanne

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal