collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mailing a Poster to Germany?  (Read 262 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Mailing a Poster to Germany?
« on: May 02, 2014, 06:21:01 PM »
Hey guys! I got a PM from a lovely member in Germany asking about a shipping quote for a poster I'm selling! They wanted to see how much it would theoretically cost, since international shipping can sometimes get pricey.

I'm using this calculator to figure things out, but I'm not sure how accurate it is for international shipping - the last time I used it to calculate shipping, it was off by several dollars! http://ircalc.usps.com/ So I'd hate to get a quote, then have to pay more out of pocket. Hence, I'm wondering if any of you fine ladies have ever shipped posters to Germany before, and might know if the estimate is correct, or if there's any special shipping restrictions I should worry about?

The poster box I have is 24 inches long and 2 inches high, and the whole thing only weighs about 6 ounces, if that helps! According to the calculator, it should be about $12.75 to ship, but I'm worried that it sounds kind of low for shipping something all the way to Germany!

Thanks for your help! :heart:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Mailing a Poster to Germany?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 05:03:31 PM »
Since I'm neither in the US or Germany I'm not really much help on this one, but I'll give this a :bump: for you incase someone else can help. If all else fails then you could always take it to the PO and ask for a quote there, just for peace of mind (and so that you dont lose out on monies if the calculator is off)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal