collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]  (Read 30370 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: The Liv Thread! [pic heavy]
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 12:11:51 AM »
If I've learned anything from collecting toys, its to buy what you want IMMEDIATELY or you may never see it again. It drives me nuts. XP

And I haven't been anywhere but TRU in ages, since May I think, but the Liv stock had been nearly wiped out. Aside from dolls, I think Target had a few clothing packs/wigs but Fred Meyer only had like one wig. TRU has nothing but a few accessory sets and Hayden's House if that counts. Man do I want Hayden's House, its down to $25 from $45, but can't afford it and no room for it now. I love that Hayden's dress.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 12:30:41 AM »
Yeah, that's basically why I'm taking a break from MH, gonna save up money (and hopefully not spend it all on Liv stuff) and stay away from the MH Aisle. =_=

Well, if you do go out and see any of those mentioned sets by any chance, think of me!! In the meantime...*Looks at Barbie fashion 3-pack sets*

Has it been experimented/confirmed if barbie shoes fit Liv Dolls??
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 12:56:38 AM »
Its driving me nuts right now, having Livs being discontinued and other lines drawing me in. I want to buy them ASAP so I don't have to worry about them, but we are really struggling with money right now. Like we can't buy food. I know food is more important, of course, and wouldn't pick dolls over necessary food, but still. It really bites. We keep flip flopping from fine to near homeless to just poor.

I'll definitely let you know if they pop up. :D

I can't speak for modern Barbie shoes, but I have two dolls from the late 90's (at least I think, I don't quite recall) that I opened recently, the Tweety one and See's Candies one. The Tweety slippers fit Livs snuggly, but they're made of fabric. The plastic See's shoes were way too small and I don't think I was able to fit in toes.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 06:11:27 AM »
Hi again, you two!  I hate that this line is being discontinuted...they're so pretty.  I'll definitely be picking up a few more off Amazon before they're all gone.  My TRU never really carried many of them, so there are almost none left now.  And I've never seen any of the fashion packs in person, so I'll for sure have to order a few of those.  I NEED the one with the little Union Jack mini-dress, like I need air.

Anyway, here's a pic of my lovely Hatter...I love her!  I usually bring a doll of some type to work with me every day, just to chill out on my desk, and today I have this pretty girl.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 08:01:48 AM »
My Target has TONS of Liv stuff. We have no scalpers and barely any doll collectors in our area. And everything is on clearance! ^_^

@barbgirl1999 You... you... youhavemadhatterkatieeeeee?!?  :dropjaw: I've been wanting her for so long! But I never have the money to get her on the few times I find her :C More pictures!  :banana:
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 11:01:01 AM »
One TRU I go to still have a lot of the making waves stuff while the other one I go to has barely anything, just Hayden's house playset and some of the twist and dance dolls.

While I do hate it that Liv Dolls are no longer being produced because it's hard to find stuff that I'd want, it's even more harder finding them when people are buying them solely for the wigs for their MH CAM Dolls!!! :rant: *Sigh* visitors can't see pics , please register or login

@JigglesTheCat: Next time you're at Target, you should take pics/list what you see in case anyone here might need them! I'm sure that would help a lot of people trying to find stuff they can't find in their area!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »
(Ignore the doll, lol I have no wish to be stoned for posting a MH here)

This girl has a RED liv wig. (I did trim the bangs into the shape, they were the usual flat shape) I found the Liv doll for I think $10ish at Walmart a few weeks ago?

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 12:45:39 PM »
Mad Hatter Katie is so awesome! :D She's one of my favorite dolls. Mine has slightly wonky eyes though, which is kind of annoying. But I adore her wig and dress.

The TRU here has Making Waves, Twist & Dance, Spa Makeover, and Hayden's House. Sometimes they have a few accessory packs, but they stopped doing the "Buy a Liv thing, get an accessory pack free" thing. Last time I looked in May, Target had mostly Color dolls, a few wigs, and maybe a clothing pack or two while Fred Meyer had Spa Makeover, Color, and a few wigs.

Colorscapesart, that must've been a Liv for Color. They're the newest ones and have very few joints. I didn't know there was a red one, but I ignore them so that's my fault. Lol.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 02:09:42 PM »
OMG A MH DOLL!?! *Prepares to pelt fakies* lol jk. I do like the colors of the Liv for Color wigs, but the matching lipstick and scalp color isn't helping. >,> One of the Targets I go to that has them on the cheapest clearance out of all Targets are all gone now. >,< I dun wanna pay full price or over $5. Shoot!

I also saw a bunch of Making Waves Jake dolls at Marshall's going for $6.99. Not a big fan of him, but that does seem like a good price.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 02:15:07 PM »
I hate the Liv for Colors. They're so boring! I definitely wouldn't be willing to pay more than around $5 for one either, with their insanely plain outfits.

Oh hey, that's a pretty good price! The ones on TRU's online store are like $18, and Amazon was around $15 when I checked. Thankfully I don't like him so I don't have to want to fork over $30+ for all of his outfits. Though I kinda wish they made a male Liv I actually liked. I don't mind having lots of lesbian Livs, but I'd love to be able to have some boys in the mix. Especially with Nadia, Mary, and Molly, since they have kids. XP

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »
Yeah, those dresses are terrible and simple. =_=; Only reason I'd want to get them is for the shoes (maybe), wigs, eyes and possibly their heads.

I'm so tempted to paint one of my Sophie's scalp brown, but I'm scared the paint will either stretch, rip or scrape off since their heads are squishy. I wonder if anyone has tried this yet.

I also need names for my upcoming/future Liv Customs & Renames.

*Sigh* I actually had so much fun reading the Liv girl's Diaries and watching the webisodes that went along with it. I've only gone through Sophie's Diary and it's so cool how it tells how she got her Scooter, her everyday life and all that good stuff. It's like I've met and know her as a person. XP I'm gonna go through Katie's now.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 06:14:50 PM »
I wouldn't mind owning the dresses and sprucing them up a bit with like belts or anything more interesting, but I won't go out of my way to get them or anything. Though I need a ton of shoes badly, so I'd take any pairs I could get no matter how lame. xD

Maybe use the type of paint/sealer people use on ponies?

I'm cheating with my names. Every Liv is named after Beatles song titles/lyrics. :D Though some are only nicknamed that way.

I didn't know they have diaries and webisodes! I just tried to read a diary, and wow the interface is terrible. And the fancy fonts + low resolution made it difficult to read, so I just gave up. Oh well.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 08:38:36 PM »
The Diaries are pretty time consuming to load and stuff, but I had fun reading Sophie's. The webisodes are also on youtube if the website is too much of an eyesore. XD

According to the wikipedia site *taking with a grain of salt* for Spin Master; if Liv did go on to 2013, they were going to have:
-Liv For U
-Liv Movie Starz
-Liv Singers

I really wish I knew what those new lines could've been. *Sob* Also apparently Spin Master is a mostly toys for boys kinda company and Liv was their first attempt at a Fashion Doll line. Now that makes me more sad their first attempt and they had such great potential but was overshadowed by MH...TToTT
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »
Maybe I'll try them again later. If nothing else they sound like a decent way to waste some time. xD

Oh man, pretending they didn't shoot themselves in the foot by removing so many joints and imagining the dolls would've been the same wonderful jointed girls we know and love. . .omg. Movie Starz and Singers have so much potential! I wish instead of destroying their own line Spinmaster had taken a hint from MH and moved into a more fantasy realm of dolls. Maybe made a "spin off" line of fantasy dolls and phased out normal Livs if they were successful? That would have been AMAZING!!! I would give anything for a rebooted fantasy Liv line.

And since we don't have enough photo spam, enjoy a shot of HAYDEN! Omg I can't believe I was so tired I called her the wrong name. She is maaaaaaad. xD
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:09:28 PM by Taxel »

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 11:17:31 AM »
Maybe I'll try them again later. If nothing else they sound like a decent way to waste some time. xD

Oh man, pretending they didn't shoot themselves in the foot by removing so many joints and imagining the dolls would've been the same wonderful jointed girls we know and love. . .omg. Movie Starz and Singers have so much potential! I wish instead of destroying their own line Spinmaster had taken a hint from MH and moved into a more fantasy realm of dolls. Maybe made a "spin off" line of fantasy dolls and phased out normal Livs if they were successful? That would have been AMAZING!!! I would give anything for a rebooted fantasy Liv line.

And since we don't have enough photo spam, enjoy a shot of Nadia!

Yeah.. The limited joints thing was just horrible! When I got Sleepover Party Daniela I was so sad when I opened her and found out how bad her joints were. I fantasy Liv line would be... FANTASTIC! I would buy them all!

Oh, and here are the shots of Alexis. (I prefer a lot of my dolls with the pixie cuts!)

I took more, but these turned out the best C:
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal