collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can someone help me out  (Read 515 times)

Offline unicornprincess

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Can someone help me out
« on: November 13, 2013, 10:18:12 PM »
My email was hacked about the end of September. Just recently (around the beginning of November) I have started getting an email to verify my email for some thing called Lemon Wallet. I did not sign up for anything like that plus I don't even have a smart phone to begin with. I was wondering if anyone on here would know how I could contact them so I would stop receiving the email for something I didn't sign up for. Also I have looked for a way to contact them on both the email and the website and I can't seem to find anything. Any help would greatly appreciated.

Also Mods if this is not the right place for this please feel free to move it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:20:24 PM by unicornprincess »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank You Dorothy Rose for my adoptable

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone help me out
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 10:44:20 PM »
support.lemon.com seems to be their questions/help and has a "contact us" button

Offline unicornprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 10:45:45 PM »
Thank you so much WildBlue

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 10:47:01 PM »
You are welcome. I hope you figure it out. That is pretty scary especially since it has to do with credit cards.

Offline unicornprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 11:07:16 PM »
I hope I'm able to as well.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 12:12:32 AM »
Oh yuck! Best of luck getting this sorted!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline unicornprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 01:02:47 AM »
I forgot to put this in the original message:
the email I received was just to verify my email to activate the account it wasn't to verify a purchase or nothing it was just for activation of the account.

I sent an email telling them to stop sending the emails to verify the account for activation. Also in the message I asked for them to either permanently remove the account or delete everything. So far I have not heard nothing back.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 01:14:23 AM »
I hope you get all that sorted! Also, maybe contact your bank & credit card company to let them know you were hacked. Maybe you could get new account numbers or something just to be safe. What part of Alabama are you in? I'm near Mobile :)
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline unicornprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 01:31:11 AM »
I hope you get all that sorted! Also, maybe contact your bank & credit card company to let them know you were hacked. Maybe you could get new account numbers or something just to be safe. What part of Alabama are you in? I'm near Mobile :)
that just the thing I don't have a bank or a credit card. Also I will pm you where I'm at ok.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 03:05:02 AM »
That's never a good thing :(

I do hope that they are able to do something for you <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 10:44:35 PM »
I forgot to put this in the original message:
the email I received was just to verify my email to activate the account it wasn't to verify a purchase or nothing it was just for activation of the account.

I sent an email telling them to stop sending the emails to verify the account for activation. Also in the message I asked for them to either permanently remove the account or delete everything. So far I have not heard nothing back.

Did you get any resolutions?? Did they return your message?
Are you sure it was just to activate the account? I did find out something about lemonwallet: every time you sign out of the app, the device used has to be verified with a code that is valid for 30 minutes sent to an email address.
Another thing to look out for, if you receive an email with a 4 digit pin number that means the person using the app is trying to lock the lemonwallet app so they can sign in and out without going through the email code verification process.

Also, lemonwallet is not just for credit or bank cards. It is for ANY kind of card - ID card, insurance card, store discount card... and so on.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 12:08:38 AM »
... lemon wallet isn't for GETTING credit cards and such ... it 'digitizes your wallet' by allowing you to store credit cards, loyalty cards, insurance cards, etc etc in the app on your phone ...

if UnicornPrincess has no cards and has had no LemonWallet account it makes no sense that someone would set one up to her email when they would just set it up to their own dishonestly ...

i think more likely than identity theft its a miss-spelled email address ...

better safe than sorry though, get your free annual credit report from one (or more) of the major credit reporting agencies, make sure you get a resolution from lemon wallet, and change your email password to something with random letters/numbers/capitals/specials and at least 12 characters if possible
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 01:23:35 AM »
It may not even be from lemon wallet. It could also be a phishing scam or spoofed email and the "verify your account" trick is used a lot. I dont know what the email said of course, but certainly be weary of clicking any links in it until you can verify if it is actually from lemon wallet.

No telling what is going on. Hope it was just a mistake.

This is their support email address:
[email protected]

Offline unicornprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 09:02:30 PM »
Sorry I just was able to log on this morning. I just now got the message from them. Here's the message:  Hi there,

To keep our database current, we recently sent a batch of emails to users with an unverified email address. If you downloaded Lemon Wallet in the past and never finished the registration process, or have an unverified email address with us, this is why you received that email.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
 The Lemon Support Team

Anthony

The thing is I have never downloaded it because of the fact like I said I don't even have smart phone or any kind of phone you can use apps with for that matter.

Post Merge: November 17, 2013, 09:04:30 PM

It may not even be from lemon wallet. It could also be a phishing scam or spoofed email and the "verify your account" trick is used a lot. I dont know what the email said of course, but certainly be weary of clicking any links in it until you can verify if it is actually from lemon wallet.

No telling what is going on. Hope it was just a mistake.

This is their support email address:
[email protected]
yes there support email is [email protected]

Post Merge: November 17, 2013, 09:15:12 PM

Did you get any resolutions?? Did they return your message?
Are you sure it was just to activate the account? I did find out something about lemonwallet: every time you sign out of the app, the device used has to be verified with a code that is valid for 30 minutes sent to an email address.
Another thing to look out for, if you receive an email with a 4 digit pin number that means the person using the app is trying to lock the lemonwallet app so they can sign in and out without going through the email code verification process.

Also, lemonwallet is not just for credit or bank cards. It is for ANY kind of card - ID card, insurance card, store discount card... and so on.
[/quote]
they did return my message. Like in the first part of my message they did not give me any solutions to the problem. It had this before I opened up the email: Lemon Wallet: Hi (my email) thanks for choosing Lemon Wallet there's one more step and you're. After I opened the email it wanted me to verify it and other that email and the reply email I got back from them that's the only emails I have received from them.

Post Merge: November 17, 2013, 09:28:33 PM

... lemon wallet isn't for GETTING credit cards and such ... it 'digitizes your wallet' by allowing you to store credit cards, loyalty cards, insurance cards, etc etc in the app on your phone ...

if UnicornPrincess has no cards and has had no LemonWallet account it makes no sense that someone would set one up to her email when they would just set it up to their own dishonestly ...

i think more likely than identity theft its a miss-spelled email address ...

better safe than sorry though, get your free annual credit report from one (or more) of the major credit reporting agencies, make sure you get a resolution from lemon wallet, and change your email password to something with random letters/numbers/capitals/specials and at least 12 characters if possible
I just now changed my password again as well
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 09:28:33 PM by unicornprincess »

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 09:29:28 PM »
Hm, I'd email them back and say there must be a mistake because you do not have apps, you did not download Lemon Wallet in the past, never started the registration process and they should not have your email address. And ask if they can unsubscribe you or if it will be removed at some point.
It is sounding like perhaps someone may have miss-spelled their email address like kamakazee suggested. But I'd e-mail them back looking for a resolution just in case. And also, the other advise from kamakazee about checking your credit report, and changing passwords and such is a good idea.

edit: I just seen your edits above :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal