collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What do you most often use your cell phone for?

Phone calls
35 (11.2%)
Playing games
20 (6.4%)
Playing music or watching videos
17 (5.4%)
Sending and receiving text messages
86 (27.5%)
Social media
58 (18.5%)
Web browsing or other applications
72 (23%)
I don't even have a cell phone
25 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 258

Author Topic: [insert witty title about phones here]  (Read 7254 times)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: [insert witty title about phones here]
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 07:23:03 PM »
All of the above but playing games.
I got my iPhone 6s Plus last November, it's my first smartphone of any kind, and I totally love it! It's so handy to have a map with you at all times, or a dictionary. And the camera is pretty great as well!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 07:57:53 PM »
I have an iPhone and I'm way too addicted to it... I use it for Facebook a lot and I play games on it, as well as texting... I guess I'm one of those people everyone says is awful for looking at my phone too much.  :lol: I do know how to put it away at dinner and movies and social settings though.  :P

Same here!, minus the iPhone..:lol: :blush: I have an HTC One Remix :D

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 08:27:43 PM »
I checked texting, but I think I use the GPS and weather-checking functions almost as often.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Blog

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 08:45:58 PM »
I have an iPhone, and I'm addicted to the MLP game, candy crush (all versions), and Sailor Moon drops :D

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 11:29:39 PM »
I'm still rocking the Ericsson W200i I got way back in 2008 - it's such a groovy little phone! :D I did have a smartphone briefly but hated the very existence of it after about 2 days and returned it soon after. My phone gets a lot more mileage for taking pictures of strange/amusing things I see while out and about than it does for calls and texts; I prefer to talk to people face-to-face whenever possible.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:12:04 AM by Taproot »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 01:18:53 AM »
I have a smartphone, a Galaxy S5, but the only interneting I do with it is Instagram, checking my workschedule and do my banking. I think it's too small for any surfing. I do have some games but rarely play. I listen to music but only on my way home from work which is like 20 minutes a day three times a week. I hate to call and prefer to text so that's what I checked, I rarely do that either to be honest ^.^ I usually have it for people to reach me, not the other way around. I mostly use it for the calendar but that was not an option. I'm so not a phony person, mostly my phone just lay around and my boyfriend has to call it in order for me to find it when I need it XD.

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 02:00:13 AM »
I chose "texting". Most of the texts I send and receive are work-related (members of my team texting me when they're going to be late for their shift etc), but I've got unlimited texts anyway, so I don't mind.

I also use my phone for browsing the internet, mostly when I'm at my friend's place and haven't got my laptop with me, and for reading ebooks.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 02:54:26 AM »
of the options I use mine for social media.  But actually, it's kind of just my camera mostly.  I have it in case of needing to call someone.  I use my tablet for apps and social media.  My phone is a crappy but easy to carry camera.

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 03:18:19 AM »
In descending order: Checking up on the arena and other social websites, writing fanfiction, taking pictures to share, and of course - making calls.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 04:49:38 AM »
I couldn't check a box cos there isn't one that fits really :blush:  :yikes:   
I am electrosensitive   (EHS. Yes its real. inconvenient , no fun and a real PITA *siiiigh* ) so I cannot use a cell phone of any kind (that goes for all things Wireless BTW not just cell phones in my case)  for talking or anything other than the occasional text without becoming extremely ill. Smartphones are a huuuge no no for me.  I have my old  sony erisson something or other ordinary phone from 2008 before I knew what I was reacting to and I keep it for the occasional text or emergency situation but its always turned off otherwise.   Sooo I cant say I haven't got a phone, but I don't use it either unless its a real emergency and even then its short texts or someone else has to borrow it  :awake:
Of course I'm not anti-internet . I love the internet  and I use my wired laptop for all the other stuff  (games, social media, uploading my pics, web browsing, watching videos, music etc )  and a landline for calls  :)  :lovey:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 05:44:11 AM »
For years I used my phone primarily for internet and music. Texting some, calling a tiny bit. I don't have much of a social life, so... >.< However, recently the data has gotten worse and I've had to cut back on my checking of the internet, and my workplace banned having earbuds on so I can't listen to my music anymore.

With limited data I started playing a few mobile games. An "HD" remake of the first three Phoenix Wright games and Kingdom Hearts Unchained. I've enjoyed them both quite a bit. I actually beat the Phoenix Wright games and am using KH to keep me occupied on breaks now. lol

Mobile games suck up soooo much battery, though. I do not like that. And generally I do not like mobile games at all. Most genres do not transfer to mobile at all. Only a select few can.

|My Collection|

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 06:15:06 AM »
GPS and almost nothing else, lol
I'll put something here some time

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 06:53:52 AM »
Phone calls or maybe texting. It's not a smart phone and does not go online. I like it this way.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 07:13:41 AM »
Mostly web searching or texting my sister. I cant call outside of China - only within china and the only people I know are my 9 co-workers..so yeah. I am in the countryside and not a big city like Shanghai :cry:
What shocked me is how well connected everything is here. You can easily order dinner and pay using your phone in less then 30 seconds. You can also pay bills (I only do it for my phone) - its a pay as you go deal but all I do is log into an app called we chat (their version of facebook) and click on top off Mobil, enter my code and minutes added instantly. You want to add a new friend to wechat - just scan their little bar code thing.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 08:05:26 AM »
Well the only reason I have *any* mobile phone at all is because my mum just gave me her old ones when she was done with them, lol.. otherwise I probably wouldn't have one ^^; I have an old flip phone and a comparitively newer smart phone. The flip phone still pretty much works, but the smart phone's cheaper to pay for so. -shrug-

I use it for internet browsing (usually just when I'm bored, or for looking stuff up quickly) and sometimes listening to music and that's about it.. not much of a texter here, I only use it for that to talk to my mum when one of us is out XD or to text stuff to my other phone (reminders, etc - the flip phone beeps like every 10 mins if it has an unread message, so I find it useful if I need to remember something). Otherwise I don't use it that much, I prefer computers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal