collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OH my, facebook  (Read 7301 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
OH my, facebook
« on: November 25, 2015, 12:55:17 PM »
No, facebook, no. I do not want you to know my real name. Who else has received the verify who you are, now you're locked out message?

Like many others I have a FB page just for pony stuff. I'm Mlp Forme. So, now I have to prove to them who I am. I get it. I do, but I don't want to have my pony stuff associated with my regular account.
Who wants to help me cheat the system? I need a fake library card... lol

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
Re: OH my, facebook
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 01:11:34 PM »
I got it a few months ago.  Even though it has a lot of my art stuff (two stores and commissions are advertised there) I didn't go through the verification.  It really feels like phishing to me even if it is real.  What kind of social media site asks for a driver's license and social security card (US).  I read that some people complied and still weren't let back in.

Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 01:18:39 PM »
this is one reason why I refuse to touch facebook with a 50 foot poll.

Did you know that they stole my mothers information and used it on zoosk?  She had to get my dad to threaten them to cease and she still gets random letters (which were computer generated, probably from stolen information from males that are her age).

Do you have any pictures of you on there?  take them down or those will get stolen too.  There was a huge thing on it last year.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 01:30:20 PM »
 facebook has gottne so ridilusucs   now you hve to have a "human" soudnign name  or soemthing i ddidnt realzie they required a   drivers licese. ss card is too far that s how you get your identiy stolen and stuff like that.. i would never give htat out.

i didint use my real name or anyhitng thankfully my name sounds liek a rea l name and i havnet had any trouble yet

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 01:56:42 PM »
I think Colorscapes had to change to her real name recently...it's getting so confusing in my newsfeed now LOL

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 02:20:05 PM »
Not that I feel that it is right for them to ask for a driver's license or ssn.. But I thought there had always been a rule that you couldn't use a false name on FB? I assume they are cracking down on that.

(edit for my phone typos...)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:52:52 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 03:23:26 PM »
Not that I feel that it is right for them to ask for a driver's license or ss#.. But I thought there had always been a rule that you couldn't use a false name of FB? I assume they are cracking down on that.

^This.  It's to do with accountability.

They are increasingly held responsible for what people post, so if it causes a problem they want to be able to get hold of people and report them to the police etc.

It's the thin end of the wedge that will become the Internet of Things, with Big Data Analysis, cloud storage and then eventually, clones will rule the earth.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 03:23:46 PM »
I've had two pony collector friends have the same thing happen to them recently. I just have my one FB account with my real name, though. I just try to keep as much pony stuff off it as possible, which is not as fun. :/

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 03:29:03 PM »
Yeah, it's always been a rule that you had to use your real name...it's in the TOS that nobody ever reads.  They've just started cracking down on it.  I use my real name, so it's no biggie for me - I use my personal FB for my direct sales business, so it needs to have my name, but I also post dolls and ponies and baby pics and daily life.  I figure, it's MY Facebook page...if people don't want to see my stuff, they can stop looking, lol.

And I've never had to give FB my SSN, that's just weird.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 03:34:23 PM »
I've always had my real name on mine, but it's set to private and I only accept people that I know.  I have a dummy account that I used to use to get free coins on a couple of games, lol.  I wonder if they've requested the real name on that one?  It's registered to one of my dolls lol.  But I hardly every go on there, so it may have avoided detection lol

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 03:43:32 PM »
I've been on facebook for years and unless it was recently updated and I missed it (I do my best to make time to read the TOS on sites I use), a real name wasn't strictly required, but probably encouraged.  You just had to have a student e-mail when they first started.   So I used my initials.  On my visible accounts (pages associates with my main account which was private and for IRL friends and family) I used part of my real name which was derived from my initials which I sometimes sign my art with and alternate with Gothic Sugar.

My block happened as I was removing personal photos and working on my brands (art &fashion related).  I don't know if that triggered anything or not.  If I were to go back under my main (I have a dummy like ZennaBug for the same reason that I never use), it would only be after registering my name as a business entity and using that info.
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 03:47:30 PM »
I'll see what I can do, it's just a bummer to be locked out. I use it for storing images as well as pony stuff. There's no images of me at all on it. They're a bit insane to request a SSN or drivers license. I can totally do mail and something like a library card, lol. I just wish my mac had photoshop (cause editing things in photo bucket isn't fun)... Oh, my gosh I sound like such a criminal right now...  :shocked:

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 04:27:35 PM »
Wait... they're asking for SSNs and driver's license info? I've never heard that.

I've had Facebook for about 8 years now, never had a problem because I use my real name and I only add people I know. My statuses are rarely ever set to public (meaning anyone can see them) and I do have pictures of myself on there, but it's never been an issue (identity theft or anything) so I guess I kinda don't understand the worry/paranoia? I've always posted all sorts of things about my life on there, although I post more of my collections and pet photos on Instagram these days. In any case, it hasn't been a problem at all.

Though, if they're asking for super personal information, I can see not wanting to hand any of that over.

edit: Oh, I did have a dummy account once when I used to play a ton of games on Facebook. :lol: I haven't been on it in years, so I wonder if they locked it?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:39:22 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 04:37:59 PM »
Since so many of my friends are from the arena, a lot of them are going through this. Most of them are having issues with the accounts they used for their customs. I have one registered to my doll too Zen for back when I played the games! LOL I haven't been there in ages..... Now I wonder if it's got a note....

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 04:54:41 PM »
Several people I know just use their real first name then a fake middle and last name, usually something foreign. One guy has a name using only Japanese characters. I think they use that as their main account, though.

I really wish they'd let you organize friends into groups and make settings so that certain groups can't see certain posts. It would make things a lot easier if you're around very different kinds of people.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal