collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Windows 8, ready to throw my laptop out of the window...  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
Re: Windows 8, ready to throw my laptop out of the window...
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2015, 05:47:30 AM »
Have you guys seen the previews of Windows 10??? That looks really good :) Plus it'll be free to upgrade if you have 7 or 8. Glad to know i'm not alone on my 8 hate lol XD

It'll be a free upgrade from 7?  Awesome!  I knew about the 8 upgrade, but not 7. 

Yep. It's not out just yet, should be later this year. But it goes back to the old desktop look with the metro apps being integrated into the start menu. It looks really nice :) A lot better than 8.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2015, 06:06:24 AM »
It did drive me nuts but I got used to it. I noticed that if you go to the corner where the windows logo is and close any open windows that are not being used, my frustration level drops to about 30%. Plus I also turned off all the "tiles" and removed the apps I will never use.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2015, 02:38:55 PM »
I do however loath the right side menu that pops up if I move the cursor to the left. I found a way to make it not come up when doing a number of things, but just moving the cursor to the left drives me insane. It happen mostly when I use the touchpad as well..

Using Windows 8 with a touchpad is pure hell.  WHOOPS, you accidentally opened a side menu.  WHOOPS, you accidentally swiped back to the Metro screen!  WHOOPS, you opened another invisible menu!  Like, I'm already dealing with this tiny touchpad, please do not saddle me with parts of the screen I can't approach or finger swipes I can't do without causing random things to happen.

:lmao: So true. It shouldn't be funny but it's so sad it is.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2015, 03:51:45 PM »
*smashes Win8 with a hammer*  I have ABSOLUTELY HAD IT with the keyboard settings being so easy to modify using keyboard shortcuts!  AUUUUUUUUUUGH I don't need to use all the accents and such, so I am going nuts when I push a key and there are OTHER options!

Classic Shell is lovely but it only soothes a pain that likes to get worse whenever you need to *do* something.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal