collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's Talk About Lady Lovely Locks  (Read 2690 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Let's Talk About Lady Lovely Locks
« on: July 02, 2023, 07:22:53 PM »
Hi,

The Lady Lovely Locks adoptables by Square Peg made me think we should have a topic about LLL. 

What toys did you want/have?  Did you have any other LLL stuff like books luchboxes, etc...?

I only had 2 Lady Lovely Locks dolls, Sparkle  Pretty LLL and ballerina Maiden Fairhair.  I must have gotten those near the end of LLL being in stores because I don't remember a lot of stuff on the shelves.  My friend had a LLL book that I finally found a copy of on Ebay.  For years I could only remember one part of the story and had no idea what the book was called.  I do have a vague memory of renting some videos from the grocery store, but it was the same video every time  even when the box said it was a different one

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Talk About Lady Lovely Locks
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 08:25:10 PM »
I remember her and I adore the little animal barrettes.   I've been thinking of getting some just to put on my ponies.  ^.^
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 10:21:48 PM »
The LLL toys were before my time, but I used to check out a vhs from the local shop that had a few LLL episodes on it! I also had a book, though I can’t remember which one. When I grew up and found out about the toys, I was mostly a little disappointed that they didn’t resemble the absolutely lovely art in the picture books so much! Now I have the pixie tails treehouse, the beauty magic throne, and a pixietail and a comb gnome which I found in thrift shops here weirdly enough. I would loooove to have more pixietails but they are quite expensive for what they are, like $8-10 just for one on tradera, when I got both the playsets (missing lots of pieces ofc) for around $20! If they were a little more detailed I’d be more willing to shell out for them but I’m thinking about making my own with polymer clay and yarn so the playsets can be absolutely covered! I wish I was a doll customizer so I could make slightly larger and more detailed versions of the characters, but I’ve never been a big doll collector. The original dolls are quite cute, and the playsets are lovely!

Offline Cin77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 04:20:28 AM »
I can identify the scorpio constellation because of the Lady Lovelylocks annual.  I would sell my first born to have a copy of that again.

The dolls were beautiful but quite hard to find in NZ, my Mums friend got me a Maiden Fairhair when she went to australia and I loved that doll so much and was really excited when they finally showed up here :)

I thought the Pixitails were the height of fashion when I was 10 ^.^

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2023, 05:41:01 AM »
I need to look up the dolls to see which ones I had. I loved the Pixietails though. I had a lot of them.

I was a weird kid and didn't watch much children's TV so I didn't know there were movies and stuff.

eta: So it looks like I had all three main dolls plus the island doll with the snail pixies. The prince looks awfully familiar too.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 05:48:52 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2023, 10:08:50 AM »
I found pics of my dolls and the book I ordered on Ebay.  Sorry for the dark pics. These are older pics that I took before I really started learning how to take  better pictures.

Sparkle Pretty LLL

Ballerina Maiden Fairhair

Booklet that came with the dolls

Storybook

Ponyfan

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2023, 11:12:51 AM »
I love LLL  but I don't have very much of a collection.  I have the USA doll and the German doll plus some dresses.  I found Silkypup at a ValueVillage.  Then I have a few books and a puzzle...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2023, 03:18:54 PM »
Here's the opening from one of the VHS tapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfV4iJXfOhI

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 03:23:10 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2023, 04:07:19 PM »
My sister had the LLL doll, but I got Sweetcurl, a pink baby dragon with purple hair.  I don't recall having any of the human dolls but that was fine with me since I could use the dragon with my ponies as a substitute for Spike, since I never got him.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2023, 01:13:35 AM »
I don't remember LLL when it was out - I was very antidoll as a kid - but I've definitely got some pixietails knocking around from carboot sales and ebay lots. I've never had any of the dolls, but I did watch that clip Ponyfan posted just now and it struck me as the most eighties thing ever xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2023, 03:32:14 AM »
I used to watch the cartoons and had the panini stickerbook. But had no need to have any of the dolls in my collection. Because they were released over here I see the pixie tails on the fleamarkets most of the time.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2023, 02:41:34 PM »
I was obsessed with LLL and Moondreamers as a kid. But never had any dolls at all. I once found a green bird pixietail at a fleamarket and wore it in my hair for 3 years of school pictures.
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2023, 07:43:43 AM »
I think they're gorgeous, especially the art, but I've never been tempted to collect them (no room!!). Though I definitely wouldn't leave one behind if I found any LLL stuff in the wild!

I would love to get my paws on the CurlyKittens one day, though, they're adorable.

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2023, 04:28:31 PM »
I had one doll (LLL herself - first version), a book and a coloring/sticker book. I watched the cartoons as well. Unfortunately her neck broke, and Even though I kept her for years I think she got thrown out eventually. I do still have her dress though, and perhaps some pixietails. I always wanted Duchess Ravenhair. I know she was the bad one, but she was my favourite character and her doll is really pretty. Nothing evil about her! I was planning on collecting them actually, but it seemed so difficult to find them in ok condition. I gave up, and had some deals fall through. And now I’m glad I didn’t buy any. If I find any in the wild though, I’ll pick it up!
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2023, 01:50:17 AM »
I always wanted Duchess Ravenhair. I know she was the bad one, but she was my favourite character and her doll is really pretty.

Duchess ravenwaves is the BEST. She's just got the best color combo/ aesthetic, what can I say. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 The purple misty forest, the spooky castle, it's all great!
I've always wanted like...  a notebook or stationery set with her color and theme. She's got the coolest name too!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal