collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)  (Read 66252 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: DHX hit with major data breach
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2017, 07:48:43 PM »
Regardless of how this concept is compared to what we end up getting, I do hope they keep the aspect of having markings like that Applejack has, I am in love with those!

Here's the concept art:

G5 concept art
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

These are 100% legit, otherwise they would not have been leaked alongside partially completed FiM episodes and other clearly legit things. But as I said before, while they are real, they are just concepts, so they may differ from what we end up getting.

Spoiler
Their muzzles are still kinda deformed.
AJ reminds me of the Breyer Pony Gals. Or Horseland.

Thanks BeatlePokemonFan!

No problem!

I just completely messed up your name.  >_< Sorry.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2017, 07:49:44 PM »
I predict when MLP gets rebooted, whenever that may be, the Mane Six will comprise at least half the main characters.

Ever since G2, when it seemed like every other released pony with Ivy, Hasbro has wanted to have a core set of recognizable ponies. Now they finally have that, and there is no way they're going to give it up. 

However it's possible there will be new characters introduced with the old characters (the way G4 had two core G3 ponies (revamped Pinkie and Rainbow Dash), but also new characters.)  Which is what I'm hoping for. ;)

Spoiler
I think that if this concept art is real and we see the finished designs of the ponies as we see them now that LadyMoondancer is right and Hasbro will keep at least some of the Mane 6  characters even if they change species. G3 Rainbow Dash was an Earth pony but G4 Rainbow Dash
is a Pegasus.  I also think that most of the kids who grew up with FIM will be ready to move on to other cartoons/shows so the next group of children that begin watching might not even realize that Twilight was a winged unicorn. I do hope they keep the species the same as in the current FIM. I like the hooves on the new Earth ponies and the flowing mane on Fluttershy. I also like Applejack’s markungs.

Ponyfan

Spoiler
But the weird thing is that the species change from G3 to G4 makes sense because almost all ponies in G3 where earth ponies so some of them needed to be changed to create the 2 of each species dynamic.  What is the point in randomly changing them now? 

I really would love a whole new cast but I guess I could live with these 4 if only there isn't a Pinkie Pie or a Rainbow Dash.  But I can't imagine that Hasbro would leave those 2 behind.  They've put so much into those characters since the beginning of G3. Pinkie is the pink one and Rainbow is, of course, the rainbow pony.  2 things strongly associated with the popular idea of " My Little Pony." 

Also, do these remind anyone else of "Horseland"?  I think it's the overly exaggerated hair.

Spoiler
I’d forgotten there were so many Earth ponies in G3. I  always liked the 2 of each kind of pony and agree that Hasbro should keep the Mane 6 species the same as they are now. I’d also like to see new characters instead of the same characters we see now. Changing the species does seem random but if Hasbro is going for a complete reboot including a new cartoon they may not care if Twilight was a winged unicorn in one series and an Earth pony in the new series. I think a lot of it will depend on if Hasbro is going to use established characters like the Mane 6 in new ways (maybe making Twilight a background character instead of the focus. ) I think the G3 Core 7 influenced some of  the G4 Mane 6 and other characters in FIM

G3 Core 7

Pinkie Pie 

Rainbow Dash   

Starsong

Scootaloo

Toola-Roola

Sweetie Belle

Cherrilee

I think the only one that hasn’t appeared in FIM yet is  Starsong.  As much as I enjoy FIM I think a new series with new characters could be nice.

Ponyfan

Daughter Dearest said she would like to see Patch return.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2017, 07:50:56 PM »
Spoiler
Wow. The concept art looks like fanart to me. I actually Googled it to look for it before I knew someone had posted it in this topic and saw it but thought it was just fanart.  :lol:

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2017, 07:52:54 PM »
I don't quite understand why everything is under spoilers?

Because its classified info. *hands Loa a pair of snazzy new shades, a black suit and the key to the spylab.*

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2017, 08:04:26 PM »
I sure hope that the G5 ponies will look more like ponies! :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2017, 08:18:19 PM »
Spoiler
Super exciting! Let's hope Hasbro improves their toy quality for G5...

Watching the brony community flip out over this is hilarious. I like FiM too guys, but obviously it can't last forever and we had to have a new generation eventually! The butthurt coming from them is outstanding.

Someone get a bag of popcorn.

I can't see the conceot art. Do they look like horses again?
Are we still doing spoiler tags?
Spoiler
They look like a cross of G4 and G2 so far. The heads and snout shapes are G4/G3.5 ish because they're shorter, but the bodies are more slender like G2.

Spoiler
They do look like G2. Especially
 the legs. Now if only we could get some G2s in there.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 08:57:40 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2017, 09:35:18 PM »
Spoiler
Gosh dang it DHX! Hasbro. I know a new generation is good and all. But why are they just the current g4 ponies with a horn and wings swap up? I honestly had better hopes for your team...
I like g4, as it’s what got me into the franchise. But I know it can’t last forever. It’s been a good run everybody. To my fellow bronies: grow the heck up. These things happen. No need to be so butt hurt. It’s sad, but no need to get so uppity about it.
McCarthy, I agree. Making a new universe in less than a year is quite difficult. Here’s hoping we don’t go back to g3 newborn cuties ...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2017, 10:03:01 PM »
I predict when MLP gets rebooted, whenever that may be, the Mane Six will comprise at least half the main characters.

Ever since G2, when it seemed like every other released pony with Ivy, Hasbro has wanted to have a core set of recognizable ponies. Now they finally have that, and there is no way they're going to give it up. 

However it's possible there will be new characters introduced with the old characters (the way G4 had two core G3 ponies (revamped Pinkie and Rainbow Dash), but also new characters.)  Which is what I'm hoping for. ;)

Spoiler
I think that if this concept art is real and we see the finished designs of the ponies as we see them now that LadyMoondancer is right and Hasbro will keep at least some of the Mane 6  characters even if they change species. G3 Rainbow Dash was an Earth pony but G4 Rainbow Dash
is a Pegasus.  I also think that most of the kids who grew up with FIM will be ready to move on to other cartoons/shows so the next group of children that begin watching might not even realize that Twilight was a winged unicorn. I do hope they keep the species the same as in the current FIM. I like the hooves on the new Earth ponies and the flowing mane on Fluttershy. I also like Applejack’s markungs.

Ponyfan

Spoiler
But the weird thing is that the species change from G3 to G4 makes sense because almost all ponies in G3 where earth ponies so some of them needed to be changed to create the 2 of each species dynamic.  What is the point in randomly changing them now? 

I really would love a whole new cast but I guess I could live with these 4 if only there isn't a Pinkie Pie or a Rainbow Dash.  But I can't imagine that Hasbro would leave those 2 behind.  They've put so much into those characters since the beginning of G3. Pinkie is the pink one and Rainbow is, of course, the rainbow pony.  2 things strongly associated with the popular idea of " My Little Pony." 

Also, do these remind anyone else of "Horseland"?  I think it's the overly exaggerated hair.

Pinkie's original inspiration was a Pegasus so it kinda makes sense for her to be one. Especially the way she practically flies around already. And if she's switched to a pegasus tgat means tgey have to switch one of the Pegasus to an earth pony and since RD couldn't be anything but a Pegasus that leaves Fluttershy. Fluttershy doesn't quite work as an earth pony so they switched her with Twilight and made her a Unicorn and Twily an earthy. Tbh I think I might actually like the new species better if that's how it pans out.

Reading the discussion about Applejack, I find myself asking "Then why not just create a new character to fill the role you want?"

Because that would be too much effort on Hasbro's part?
Yeah, God forbid they create ponies not from the ground the almighty Faust smote.

I think it might also have to do with AJ being the callback to G1. The ultimate legacy pony if you will.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:04:45 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2017, 11:00:41 PM »
Spoiler
Don't know what they'll do with Grogar,  since the writers already stole his plot for Sombra. They'll screw him up like they did The Smooze. Not looking forward to that.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2017, 02:36:00 AM »
Something I've been wondering is if it's such a good idea to rely on the same people to make this new generation who worked on the previous.  All the previous generations have been handed to a new team so they can craft their new vision.  Here, they're telling the same people who have been working on My Little Pony for a decade to go and reinvent the wheel.  Which makes me think we'll just get Friendship is Magic 2.0 on the media side not because it was necessarily the intention but what these people are use to working on.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2017, 02:38:49 AM »
Wow this thread blew up since I was last here. I've added a spoiler warning to the title just in case.

Yes the main reason the other pony sites (aside from the 3 chans that spread it) aren't allowing the leaked info (however they do allow discussion of it) is out of kindness, and because since it was hacked info, they're worried about legal ramifications (especially the emails). Same story with movie screenshots on the one image site I'm with until it's at least released digitally. The show staff has remained fairly quiet about it on Twitter aside from Peter New tweeting about it.

My curiosity forced me at gunpoint to look at the leaked episodes after they were uploaded to Youtube. I only saw 6, and two had full music and sound effects.  Overall they were pretty good.
Spoiler
Celestia is so cute in that one. Chrysalis had a cute moment too that I saved as a GIF).
It looks like they are going to try "outside music" for some scenes. The Big Mac episode has 2 clips of Take My Breath Away, and the Surf and/or Turf ep' had Don't You Forget About Me at the end. As if those 80's references weren't enough; the Horse Play ep' had the return of the character Raspberry Beret (she last appeared in "Made in Manehattan". I thought she was a new character at first. I didn't even remember seeing her before. Gonna' be making a brushable custom of her).

In response to people worried about "the end", this comic from a year ago is making the rounds on the various sites and Twitter:

Now cue that song.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2017, 03:32:36 AM »
  :heart:
I'm really loving this concept art, the ponies look so gorgeous in this style!
The added details might be due to the switch to CGI mentioned elsewhere in the leaks?
It's easier to have detailed 3D models as opposed to 2D ones, so I can see them taking full advantage of that.
Hopefully the toys will go back to being a proper scale and they introduce some non-Mane Six characters too!
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2017, 06:38:07 AM »
Within the spoiler below is a complete cheat sheet for all the episodes of season 8, including their titles, premises, etc.
View at your own risk!

Spoiler
omg Kirin?!?!?

I saw someone mention Grogar in this thread, where's he come into it? Was that mentioned in the emails or something? I haven't seen those, so yeah.. does anyone have a link to the emails? Or a summary of them at least?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2017, 06:53:42 AM »
Within the spoiler below is a complete cheat sheet for all the episodes of season 8, including their titles, premises, etc.
View at your own risk!

Spoiler
omg Kirin?!?!?

I saw someone mention Grogar in this thread, where's he come into it? Was that mentioned in the emails or something? I haven't seen those, so yeah.. does anyone have a link to the emails? Or a summary of them at least?

Horse News link a few pages back.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2017, 07:00:18 AM »
Spoiler
The thing that bothers me is, if DHX is just using g4 characters to showcase the style, why would they change their race?I mean you could've shown how a unicorn would look with Rarity and Twilight without drawing Fluttershy as one.This makes me think they want to use them like that in g5.

I'm sure the kids who grew up on G3 asked the same thing. Why is Rainbowdash a pegasus? Why is Rarity white instead of pink? Etc. Etc.

I don't want them back at all however. I'm sick and tired of them.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 07:05:38 AM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal