collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to get rid of pen marks?  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How to get rid of pen marks?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 09:04:15 AM »
That's interesting. My TEs are pretty important but honestly SP is so hardened and her hair so fried I wouldn't be horrified if she ended up getting bleached. She is already kind of bait-y and I only paid $5 for her. I will give it a shot!
My Tumblr

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 09:52:27 AM »
Yes, my sun-fading experiments took a long time. I am hesitant to write a guide, as Arizona will have a different level of sunshine to me (I get Seattle weather). It really depends on the level of sun you get.

If people are talking about remove-zit or using benzoyl peroxide acne creams- please, please, please never do this. it's something that should never be on ponies. That stuff doesn't stop working.

With my dietary issues I occasionally have to use cream for my face- I don't even apply it to myself with fingers (use a swab) and wash my hands like mad to not get it on anything else. It ruined a lot of pillowcases too as a teen.

Undisclosed acne cream/remove-zit burned once. and It's a big reason I avoid buying ponies from most collectors- or toy dealers that also "fix" things.  :(

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 10:45:47 AM »
Phew, sunfading in Germany, that would take several years...! :D Thank you everyone for your input. I am not a big fan of the acne cream, I tried it at the very beginning on some accessories and that made no difference, so I disregarded it already before I found out that you shouldn't do it.
I did some further googling and reading, and there are sources that say nail polish remover with acetone is not enough to get pen marks off your ponies, and that you need to use pure acetone. This will be the last thing I will try, if that doesn't work, I'll probably try the sanding paper. I've already tried that on a Pony Bride with neon pink highlighter lipstick, and I am happy about the results so far.
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 10:54:28 AM »
If a stain is bled into the body- acetone, magic eraser, sanding, oxy bath etc. will not work. if it's in, it's in. when people get marks off, with these things it's because the stain was a mark sitting on the surface and hasn't bled into the body.

Sunfading is the best bet. and, even with our weather (I think I had three somewhat sunny days since feb 8th. dark and rainy right now! dark all winter, and a couple month of mostly sunnier days in summer) still works on my bait experiments. :)

Offline CarolSpain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 12:36:07 PM »
Last week I almost bought a lovely pony, lucky I saw the pen marks on her face.
The seller told me that marks will be removed with cream.
I didn't pay attention because I don't think the cream works.

I deleted some marks with alcohol.

If people are talking about remove-zit or using benzoyl peroxide acne creams- please, please, please never do this. it's something that should never be on ponies. That stuff doesn't stop working.

I was referring to a simple moisturizing cream. I think it wouldn't damage to the pony.
If you have pics of MIB with text in Spanish, please, share with me!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 10:37:45 AM »
100% agreement on not using bleaching cream...it is never a solution and will cause long term damage.

As to the issues you are having with DB...I would guess from the country you are in you suffer from a similar lack of sunlight at this time of year as I do :( You need summer sunlight and a constant solid stream of UV to make a difference. You may need to tuck her away until the summer months.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shileah

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 02:21:25 PM »
Sniff :( I have an otherwise adoooorable FF Blue Belle as well who has three huge streaks on her display side.

Has anyone tried using an UV lamp for sunfading? If that works, it might be a viable alternative for places like mine!
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 02:35:51 PM »
A UV lamp wont work either unfortunately. In order for sun fading to work you need the damaging UV rays. But UV lamps have filters in them to protect against (or they dont even emit) those tays. The amazing BlackCurtains here on the Arena once carried out an experiement with pink hair - exposing it to various lights (including natural sunlight and UV bulbs...and the latter did not fade).
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shileah

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 03:53:51 PM »
Too bad :( But thank you very much for the info!

Instagram

Offline CarolSpain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2016, 03:18:41 AM »
Heya,

I have a couple of ponies with pen marks, and so far I haven't got the hang of removing them yet. I must be doing something wrong as I got the impression that it is totally easy for everyone except me to get them off a pony, haha :)

What I have tried so far:

Magic Eraser
Nail polish remover with acetone
Sunfading for a month
Peroxide bath, 3 days

And the result of all this...

What am I doing wrong? :(

Did you try alcohol?

If you already tried acetone, I don't think alcohol works, but I get good results with it and it's not dangerous for the eyes neither cutie marks.

These are some of mine (spoiler).

And one more pony. Very sad pictures.

If you have pics of MIB with text in Spanish, please, share with me!

Offline Shileah

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2016, 05:41:30 AM »
Ohmygosh, that poor, poor piggie!!! You did a great job so far, she looks waaaay better, even though there still are marks left.

I haven't tried pure acetone, as I don't have any yet. Life is crazy here at the moment, so I didn't make it to the hardware store. The plan is to gon on Tuesday, but who knows what else will suddenly pop up! :D
I tried nail polish remover with acetone in it, that didn't help. If that doesn't do the trick, I will try it with alcohol (maybe I should use the alcohol on myself, if I have enough of it, I won't see the marks any more lol). If neither of this helps - hello, sanding paper!

Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal