collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Feeling terrible about my ponies and don't know what to do  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Feeling terrible about my ponies and don't know what to do
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2012, 05:57:06 AM »
Personally, i'd never stop collecting something harmless i like just because i'm too old for it :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2012, 11:42:22 AM »
Please tell me you've looked through an interior design/home decorative magazine at some point in your life.  :)  There are thousands of articles of people's homes that have their collection in them.  Corks in shadowboxes, shoes nailed to things, chandeliers strung all over, teddy bears and dolls strewn over every chair, pillows piled high, artwork hanging from all walls, glass animals in cases, thimbles and spoons in racks, and so on.  Or even the themed decor - towels, dishes, salt/pepper shakers, furniture, all with a similar theme - maybe it's giraffes.  Or dinosaurs.  :D

Clearly there is nothing wrong with decorating your space with ponies.  :-p 

In fact, there's nothing wrong with wanting to collect them.  You would be having struggles if say, you were too afraid to leave your house without a pony in hand, and not having the courage to do things like cross the street or buying a muffin without sniffing the pony and petting its hair.  Then I think you might need to re-think how important ponies are to you.  :) 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

sosoftbuttons

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2012, 12:30:33 PM »
dont feel bad :hug: 

i'm 35 (nearly 36 :yikes: ) and i moved back in with my parents when i split with a longterm boyf about 10 years ago. i had a nervous breakdown cos of my job at the time and i had nowhere else to go, nothing else to do. thats when i unpacked the top of my wardrobe and rediscovered my childhood collection of mlp's & one sindy horse with a broken leg from when i tried sitting on it myself as an 8 yr old or something ;) 

but those ponies bought back such happy childhood memories, and with my car (yes, endless hours of sitting in the drivers seat of my car in the garage) those ponies helped me get better.  thats when i really got into collecting properly. and i hid my collecting habits from *everyone* cos i knew they'd laugh at me, and poke fun, and call me names etc.

but i didnt let that stop me from enjoying them, and enjoying the feeling of warmth and happiness that they gave me. even now, i stil live at home (shocking, but i have no other option of getting my own place being self employed on a low income) so my ponies have to live packed away in bags and boxes. i've got a custom of SA medley on the top of my bookcase, and peru blossom on the opposite side of my room, plus a couple of glowing blind-baggers, but thats it. no other ponies on show. but at least i found the courage to 'admit' i was a pony collector not long before i joined here, and believe me this place and the people i've met thru it have saved my sanity on more than one occasion :satisfied:

i have my enchantica dragon collection on the other wall shelves, and my vintage glass objects above them.  so please dont feel embarressed at having ponies on show, i would love to have mine on show but it sounds like i have even less space than you :P  enjoy them, in small doses, then you'll want to have more out and it'll snowball from there :) 

hang in there hun!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal