collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko :muffin: Pony Damaged  (Read 1553 times)

BklynStar555

• Trade Count: (0)
Funko :muffin: Pony Damaged
« on: November 02, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »
So I plunked down $32 for the hot topic funko :muffin: Pony (since I missed out on the SDCC version) and she came today... in a crushed box. And she has some black marks on her legs and she looks kinda... dirty-ish. I'm annoyed and I sent the seller an email letting them know she arrived damaged.

I'm not sure though what is from the box being crushed and what could just be from bad production possibly? The vinyl looks rough and the seam in the neck is atrocious (though it looked like that in the ebay pics)

Anyone else have any experience with these figures yet? Are they crappy or did I just get the short end of the stick here?

I'm not happy... Hope my Dashie comes in better shape *sigh*

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
Re: Funko :muffin: Pony Damaged
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:42:37 AM »
The quality of the Funko figures is not that great. I had a black mark on my :muffin: Pony and my Dash has a (not too deep) chip out of her cheek. The painting is also kinda "meh" and the vinyl is indeed rough. (Dash has some unpainted bits and the paint isn't always where it should be. )

I still love them but they have quite some flaws.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 10:47:27 AM »
Mine was a bit dirty too- some scuff marks- but they did come off.  I ordered a few from Hottopic.com and the boxes were all very nice- the packaging is actually quite neat.

The paint on my :muffin: Pony was fine, but RD had some issues (the paint on her tail seemed a bit messy- also the RD tail piece was glued oddly so there is an obvious seam)

The bodies do look "thumby"- (rather than smooth) - but I actually like that.  All in all I thought the quality to be pretty good for a $14 item-

They are back in stock on Hottopic   http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/EverythingElse/CultFavorites//My+Little+Pony+Bubbles+Vinyl+Figure-144782.jsp

BklynStar555

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 01:28:29 PM »
Must....resist...buying....SECOND!!!!!

But my box.... :(

Bad enough I just pre-ordered 10 different variants of the upcoming #1 comic issue...

Oh, but the box!!!!!!!!!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 01:38:25 PM »
Oh that stinks.  I can only imagine waiting for something to arrive and being excited, then getting disappointed.  That's bad customer service.  Hopefully you can get some kind of compensation.  Maybe you can use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the black marks.  She could at least be a nice out of box display.  :)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »
I was going to start a thread about this as well. The vinyl on the pony herself was rough and odd. The hair was smooth and perfect but the body is so rough and textured, like a poorly done mold. They eye paint was also terrible..it was spotchy and faded. Also all the boxes were bent and damaged at the store. I love the ponies, the style of molding and box artwork are wonderful but the quality was less than what I expected. I hope3 they come out with more but alslo increase quality control on the items.
~Foxtale~

Offline mayanbutterfly

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+146)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mayanbutterfly's Custom My Little Ponies and More!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 07:43:21 PM »
That's too bad.  I thought they were over priced to begin with since you can get a brushable pony for $5.00.  Now I feel like getting the Funkko ponies even less.  I would be more interested if they were better quality and well painted.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 07:23:48 AM »
That's too bad.  I thought they were over priced to begin with since you can get a brushable pony for $5.00.  Now I feel like getting the Funkko ponies even less.  I would be more interested if they were better quality and well painted.

I hope that after they see how many they have to produce to meet demands they might be able to up the quality , or as they produce more refine the production process. I got mine with the buy one get one 50% off deal so it wasn't that bad. They are a bit pricey but the are quite large and heavy so I assume they use a lot of material. They also have unique hair molds which must be expensive.
~Foxtale~

popyduggan

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 07:37:17 AM »
Well, they are vinyl and not plastic so they'll be much different from the normal light durable ponies. I agree about the quality though and I think they could've painted a bit more wisely.

Hopefully they take our money and raise the standards on the next pair.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 09:52:35 AM »
They're mass-produced in an overseas factory, just like regular MLP.  Why would you expect them to be of high quality? 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 10:00:20 AM »
Thats a little disappointing but I have noticed on quite a few pictures that the paint finish looks like an problem. Funko are not known for having a shoddily finished item perhaps its just been a rush to have the items ready for stores which have caused the problems? I guess we will know if that's the case or if a poor finish is going to continue when new stock comes in and when the new ponies are released. Unfortunately mass produced items especially at this kind of purchase price are not renowned for amazing finish.

If you purchased the item from Hot Topic I would suggest speaking to them about the condition of delivery, if it was a private trader/ebay purchase and you need help you should try a thread over in the Trader Support forum.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

DirePony

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 10:31:44 AM »
Actually Funko has quite a few quality issues on their products. If you do some searches on the Funko Fanatic forums you will see figures with paint issues, chipping and misassembly; a lot of the same issues that people are seeing on the pony figures. The reality is that these are mass produced vinyl figures not high end artwork. $15 may seem like a lot to some people but for vinyl figures it is really on the low end of the spectrum money wise. 

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 10:35:49 AM »
They're mass-produced in an overseas factory, just like regular MLP.  Why would you expect them to be of high quality? 

Since when does "mass-produced in an overseas factory" mean the quality of something is automatically bad?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 10:50:56 AM »
Actually Funko has quite a few quality issues on their products. If you do some searches on the Funko Fanatic forums you will see figures with paint issues, chipping and misassembly; a lot of the same issues that people are seeing on the pony figures. The reality is that these are mass produced vinyl figures not high end artwork. $15 may seem like a lot to some people but for vinyl figures it is really on the low end of the spectrum money wise. 

Hmmm I didn't realise it was a wide spread issue across the line as it wasn't something I had heard Funko collectors moan about too much but I guess what we are seeing on these ponies is pretty standard then after all?

As mentioned I agree - $15 may seem a lot to some people but its not a high purchase price for anything like this. We either have to expect to pay much more and get better quality or accept lower quality and the lower price point.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 01:41:48 PM »
Yeah, the quality isn't as high as I had hoped.  I saw the review on EqD and it said they were excellent, but then I got my Rainbow Dash and saw that the eye print was off a bit and some of her "skin" was showing between the sclera and the iris.

I never noticed that :muffin: Pony's symbol was wrong until I saw the other topic saying that it had been corrected in the second release.

You would think they'd try harder.  They probably think that Bronies don't care about quality, and that they'll buy anything involved with G4 ponies...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal