collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need some advice on selling a lot of G3s  (Read 307 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Need some advice on selling a lot of G3s
« on: October 28, 2012, 03:16:52 PM »
So after going through my G3 bins, I have slated about ~100-150 of them to be sold. The problem is how? I work full time and am generally fairly busy, so I don't want to be sending packages out every day. The ponies range anywhere from bait to excellent condition, some only needing a good hair brushing.

I was thinking of separating them into good/fair/bait groups with a standard price on each group and setting a min purchase amount of $10 and having deals if you buy more than a certain number etc. Would there be any interest in that? I know G3s have been fairly low lately, but im not looking to make money, just get rid of them and I think they are still the most sought after for bait customs.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Because this is the best solution I can think of.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
Re: Need some advice on selling a lot of G3s
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 03:25:36 PM »
Most G3's are not worth much and even common ones in display condition get baited on a regular basis.

I would start by pulling out the more desirable ones (anything not core 7, anything from later years - not the first 2 years) and maybe pricing those separately.

The rest I would put into lots, or maybe maybe pick 5 for $5 or something along those lines?
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Need some advice on selling a lot of G3s
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 01:07:32 PM »
As OL1 says the best first step is to pull out any which will hold above the normal $3ish value. After that there are 2 options - group them in lots by condition/by set and set a price per lot OR offer them all for sale individually but a minimum purchase/quantity price. The latter is probably the way you ll get the most initial interest but it could leave you with some super commons who are a little tough to shift although you could perhaps offer them as a lot bundle.

As much as I completely understand not wishing to send out lots of parcels and people do seem to prefer to pick up multiple G3s at one time in order to avoid lots of single shipping, personally I would keep the lots or the minimum purchase to around 4 G3 at a time as this splits shipping nicely but doesnt make it crazy expensive.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal