collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Crazy Collectors?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Collectors?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »
 ^.^ Anime crush? Kakashi from Naruto. Thought I'd at least date a real guy with the same laid back attitude.  :cool:

Socially awkward situations and people, sometimes it's funny but mostly is just really weird.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 09:03:01 AM »
I knew a girl like this in high school.  Nobody ever called her by her real name; she was simply Pikachu.  Pikachu was the only word she would say.  She'd sit at an entire table by herself at lunch (which was saying something for a lunchroom that was often so packed people would steal chairs out from others because there weren't enough) with her pikachu pokemon lined up around her.  She'd eat and keep muttering "pi- pi- pi-pika! Pika chu!" to them.

Granted, she was a foster child and had probably been through some situations that nobody her age should have had to deal with.  But, still, her complete retreat into the pokemon fandom was extremely offputting to a lot of people.  I still can't see a single Pokemon without thinking of her.

As far as crazy pony collectors go?  Drop by a brony convention sometime. You will see things and meet people  who behave in ways you would never expect.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »
Hahaha- that is funny- sounds like she is being a dramatic teen.  Probably not mentally ill I would guess- just a hunch.

The pikachu girl sounds a little more troubled...

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 10:26:59 PM »
The possessive thing sounds like what I've seen with crazy anime fanatics (and other fandoms too, but I've mostly seen it with anime). People claim a character is their husband/wife/soulmate/etc and FREAK OUT if anyone else dares to like the character and stuff like that. Its absolutely insane. I stop associating with people like that really quickly.

As far as the hair brushing thing goes, it could be something really calming for her? I've picked up a pony and mindlessly combed its hair with my fingers for quite a while, I find it calming and kind of fun in a way. Its a nice way to bond with my ponies (and dolls) too.
Or maybe she's just nuts. -shrug-

Ohhh yes it is incredibly common in anime fandoms, I wonder why that is? And you know, I could believe that theory about her brushing their hair, because she does have a very stressful life. We've all tried numerous times to help her out but she outright refuses our help, perhaps her ponies are the only things she feels like she can really draw comfort from? I was like that for most of my childhood with my toys. And your last comment made my night, thank you.  :lol:

I knew a girl like this in high school.  Nobody ever called her by her real name; she was simply Pikachu.  Pikachu was the only word she would say.  She'd sit at an entire table by herself at lunch (which was saying something for a lunchroom that was often so packed people would steal chairs out from others because there weren't enough) with her pikachu pokemon lined up around her.  She'd eat and keep muttering "pi- pi- pi-pika! Pika chu!" to them.

Granted, she was a foster child and had probably been through some situations that nobody her age should have had to deal with.  But, still, her complete retreat into the pokemon fandom was extremely offputting to a lot of people.  I still can't see a single Pokemon without thinking of her.

As far as crazy pony collectors go?  Drop by a brony convention sometime. You will see things and meet people  who behave in ways you would never expect.

I live in pretty much the middle of nowhere so at the moment we have no established brony conventions that I'm aware of. Do tell? XD Also yikes, that's... That's pretty serious. I hope she eventually got some help. :c
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 06:38:11 AM »
^.^ Anime crush? Kakashi from Naruto. Thought I'd at least date a real guy with the same laid back attitude.  :cool:

*HISS* MY Kakashi!
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline FlitterRose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Welcome to Daydreamland. No reality allowed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 08:24:23 AM »
it's okay to like a character but there comes a time when you need to draw the line between "liking" and "obsession", I think.

I remember being obsessed with a cartoon character...now,even tho I have a boyfriend,I still love that cartoon guy.Not being obsessed with him,though,but I still have crush on him :lovey:

I have a friend,who's a pony collector and she's totally obsessed with Gman from Half Life.Gman this,Gman that...It's actually pretty funny to listen to her and her little dreams most of the time.But when you draw somebody from a cartoon,show or a game which you ,,only like'' and you as ponies,who are ready to kiss each other,it gets a bt weird. :lookround: Let's not mention she says ,,Gmanieeeeeeee'' everytime I say his name  :what:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:26:13 AM by FlitterRose »
Sup

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 08:38:00 AM »
Maybe she just didn't like showing her art to people...

/shrug
She's never had problems showing us her art before, though. She'll come up to us all the time with new sketches that aren't Big Mac related.

I'm surprised nobody has any stiries they'd like to share, though xD"

That's because I don't have anything close as crazy as that :lol:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 10:05:30 AM »
From what I hear, Pikachu chick is married now.  Hopefully her life did take a turn for the positive and she's in a healthy relationship.

Let's just say that Brony conventions are filled with a very wide array of collectors, fans, and fanatics. You'll get the people who truly appreciate the art, the story, and the atmosphere of being around other fans.  Then, you get the people dressed up like :muffin: Pony, bumping into everybody, saying they don't know what went wrong, and bumbling off to do it again.  And then there are the people who see you have one thing of a pony they love at your booth and won't leave, but they won't buy that one thing either! It's a very interesting place to bee.  I've sold at two Brony conventions, attended multiple meets, and plan on going to more. In general, they're really positive, happy people that are fun to be around.  It's just the occasional reclusive male dressed as Gala Rainbow Dash that you have to avoid.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal