collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tiny Pony plushes (Needing help with pricing) URGENT!  (Read 1054 times)

XionOfHearts

• Trade Count: (0)
Tiny Pony plushes (Needing help with pricing) URGENT!
« on: February 16, 2012, 01:09:45 PM »
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this ^^; It says customs so I presumed this is the right place.
So i've made a Rarity plushie and i've already had someone ask me for a custom of their OC pony ^^ But I have no clue when it comes to prices so can anyone give me some prices suggestions? :3

Note: the first picture is just a cute picture I took so it looked like she was sewing xD

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bladespark

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparkcostumes.com
Re: Tiny Pony plushes (Needing help with pricing) URGENT!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 02:04:16 PM »
My pricing is usually about half based on what other people are charging (though I don't know anybody else doing ponies exactly like that, so that's hard to say) and half based on how much time it took.  I like to make at least minimum wage for my time! :)

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »
I agree, pricing depends on what others charge for similar items and the time it takes to make the item. I'd check around on Etsy, eBay, and/or on the Arena here and see what other handmade pony plushies are going for. And then think about how much time it took for you to make the pony and how much each hour is worth to you. It's hard to calculate, I've been there with my handmade items and I still question my pricing.

By the way, she's very cute! :D

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

XionOfHearts

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 01:12:31 AM »
Thanks guys i've got four orders to do. So to start off I just said between 6 and 9 pounds cause they arent amazing and will improve over time. I'm going to make a larger pattern for the fourth one as requested and I think I can work out an average price for time and quality after making some more :3

Offline Bladespark

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparkcostumes.com
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 02:00:50 AM »
Thanks guys i've got four orders to do. So to start off I just said between 6 and 9 pounds cause they arent amazing and will improve over time. I'm going to make a larger pattern for the fourth one as requested and I think I can work out an average price for time and quality after making some more :3

I think that's a fine starting price.  :)  But don't be afraid to raise it, especially as you get better.  It's on the cheap side for a good plush, even a small one.

XionOfHearts

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 03:47:32 AM »
Thank you ^^ I'm normally rubbish with pricing so I tried to base it off how much materials would cost, time and quality. As its not amazing quality its better for me to keep to the cheaper side for a starting point. ^^
I for sure will raise the prices later on ^^
I'm happy to hear i've got a good starting point :D
I've been asked to make a big Fluttershy for my friends birthday too!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal