collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Poor Abuse Ponies.... Makes me Wonder :(  (Read 7363 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Poor Abuse Ponies.... Makes me Wonder :(
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 04:20:39 PM »
I wasn't destructive. I treated ponies pretty well, with the exception of some blue eyeshadow and a SHS forlock cut... If my toys were broken or worn they were thrown away.
When I got this gal with a group of ponies I wondered why?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(she's too ashamed to show her other side)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 05:25:32 PM »
Sid's been brought up a lot, but does anyone remember THIS scene from the Toy Story movies?

A little girl apparently enjoys playing with her toys by drawing on them and cutting hair.  Barbie isn't too upset by this.

FriendshipIsWitchcraft975

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 05:37:44 PM »
 :huh: Ikr? My ex-friend bought a G4 Rainbow Dash just so she could rip its head off....Then again, for money for the company. But still, I hate when people (especially adults/teenagers who know better) do that for no reason.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 05:49:29 PM »
Maybe at first, but it stopped being so innocent when he taped a toy to a rocket he ordered (most likely without his parent's permission) and planned to make it explode.

It was innocent.

(But "bad" in the sense that it was really dangerous.  More his parents' fault, though.  Why weren't they noticing that their kid kept ordering huge rockets?)

IIRC, one of the creators said he based Sid's behavior partly off what he did with his own toys, including blowing up G.I. Joes with fireworks.   (In fact, he specifically wanted to have the first toy Sid blew up with a rocket to be a Joe, but Hasbro refused, which is why it was a "Combat Carl" instead.)  I don't think it means a kid is going to be a psychopath or has mental problems.  It just means they're playing differently from how less rambunctious children play. 

Edit:  Ah yes, the big ugly man doll who "needs a makeover".   :biggrin:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:51:19 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »
sounds like stuff my ring ding sister would have done.
Yes I'm a grown up that has just gotten back into mlp.. once upon a time my sister hated .. and i mean pathologically hated my ponies.. and my transformers for some reason (yep i collect both.. my celestia is proudly on my dresser right next to my optimus prime! im not ashamed of either love! my apartment is a hasbro shrine!)
Any how.. she would have done things like that if i hadnt made a very painful choice that looking back on it now was for the best.. .. I had to choose between putting them away for a long time as to letting my sister and consequentially her brats, at them. I missed them, it hurt.. but at least they were never damaged.
any how.. some folks are just destructive i guess. or maybe its out of jealousy..they dont want you to love something and get pleasure out of it if they dont.
She hates my monster high dolls now.. of course now I am three inches taller than her and out weigh her by 20lbs so she can just deal.
ultimately.. i think some people are just plain mean.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 06:00:06 PM »
The only damage to my barbies was from my cat Smokie :/ I would say barbie had her hands and feet mauled in  mountain lion attack.

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 06:04:57 PM »
I was reading something about ten years ago, where a psychologist concluded that the reason adolescent girls destroy their Barbies is because they see it as a rite of passage into becoming an older girl. Except... since when did adolescent girls destroy their Barbie dolls? Huh? I was never aware that was a "thing." I never did that. Even as a teenager I had a certain fondness for my Barbies and never wanted to cause them any harm. I don't get it.

When I was in middle school I had some classmates that brought their toys to school and spent lunch period scribbling on them with markers, stapling them, etc. They thought it was the cool thing to do with the "dumb stuff they used to like". I suspect that a lot of ruined ponies have gone through that trauma.

As a person part of whom's beleiefs are that certain object have not souls, but spirits per se thats just...mind-wreckingly awful. you've been cherished by a little girl for years, brought her so much happiness and then she TURNS ON YOU. Poor ponies. Poor poor ponies.

Makes me guilty for even giving mine away-how abandoned they must have felt ;-;

Carrie

That's pretty neat.
sometimes i wonder about that. I think its that they absorb some of thier owners energy.
i missed mine.. i was so happy to see them when i finally got them out of storage.
i could almost hear them crying when they saw the light again.
but like i said before.. its the only way i could save them from my phsyco older sister.

aerie_star

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 06:17:08 PM »
In defense of hair-cutters:

I was a hair-cutter as a child. I also would cut my own hair.  :blush:  I have many fond memories of playing 'salon' with my ponies (I was probably 5 or 6 at the time), and giving them haircuts in the Perm Shoppe.

I'm very certain that I wasn't trying to be destructive. I was just playing pretend and having fun. Now, I wish I hadn't done so since I don't have a single childhood pony without a haircut.

As for ponies with chew marks, any of mine that were chewed on had a bad encounter with our dog (that was the least of his offenses, he was a rather bad dog).

FriendshipIsWitchcraft975

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 07:55:51 PM »
In defense of hair-cutters:

I was a hair-cutter as a child. I also would cut my own hair.  :blush:  I have many fond memories of playing 'salon' with my ponies (I was probably 5 or 6 at the time), and giving them haircuts in the Perm Shoppe.

I'm very certain that I wasn't trying to be destructive. I was just playing pretend and having fun. Now, I wish I hadn't done so since I don't have a single childhood pony without a haircut.

As for ponies with chew marks, any of mine that were chewed on had a bad encounter with our dog (that was the least of his offenses, he was a rather bad dog).

I hear you on that one. When I was four I cut my hair so I looked like a boy on accident playing "salon."  :blush: I also style my G4 ponies' hair, and one time a younger kid I know was watching. Let's just say she cut Pinkie's mane way too short when I left the room for a minute. She just wanted to help though, and I'm getting a new one from the Sweets Boutique set anyway. ^_^ Kids will be kids.
*edit* The styling is for show-accuracy.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:40:22 PM by FriendshipIsWitchcraft975 »

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 08:16:39 PM »
I to blame animals for bites rather than kids.. kids tend to have small nibbles so might leave a dent but its the dogs that really go to town on them.
But yes I cant not understand how kids draw on there toys ??
Haircut... well kids do pretend to be hair dresses.. not me thou!

Ponypuffs

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 09:45:30 PM »
I never purposely damaged my toys, but they did sometimes get ruined from being well loved/played with.

Some children tend to be very destructive. These children are usually very spoiled and bratty as well. They've never had to earn anything, so nothing has any value to them. Everything is easily replaceable in their eyes. The only other reason for this would the child is going through some kind of stress or trauma and feels the need to take it out on their toys. (Things like abuse, parents divorce, etc).

I cherished and took care everything I owned... not only because we were poor, but because every toy I had (besides gifts) had to be earned.

Besides, why would I want to hurt my ponies!? To me they all were all real and all had their own personality and feelings. Sometimes I still feel that way about them.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012, 09:51:49 PM »
I was very nice to my toys - occasionally I got near them with a pen and I got into so much trouble that I never came near them with scissors!   That said, my toys went through a normal amount of play and got the usual tangles and such.  And there was at least one Barbie who's head was broken off (and one whose head was broken off by my sister who promised it would go right back on.). When I see my childhood toys now, they seem well-loved.  Not destroyed, but definitely used.

I don't know; I think a toy can be played with, even marked up a little/hair cut and it doesn't mean the kid was men - it is just the way the child played.  I don't really understand true destruction mode but different parents and guardians have different rules.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012, 09:52:43 PM »
You all remember Cynthia from Rugrats, yes?

A lot of girls like to cut their dolls' hair because it's like giving them a haircut. What they don't realize though is that it doesn't grow back!

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2012, 10:36:38 PM »
I was reading something about ten years ago, where a psychologist concluded that the reason adolescent girls destroy their Barbies is because they see it as a rite of passage into becoming an older girl. Except... since when did adolescent girls destroy their Barbie dolls? Huh? I was never aware that was a "thing." I never did that. Even as a teenager I had a certain fondness for my Barbies and never wanted to cause them any harm. I don't get it.

When I was in middle school I had some classmates that brought their toys to school and spent lunch period scribbling on them with markers, stapling them, etc. They thought it was the cool thing to do with the "dumb stuff they used to like". I suspect that a lot of ruined ponies have gone through that trauma.

When I was in elementary school a group of girls did the same thing to a MLP!  I forget which pony it was by now, but they were all passing it around and scribbling on it with marker.  It made me so sad, and I still haven't forgotten it :/

As a young kid my mom warned me NOT to cut the hair when I got my first Barbie doll.  She told me if I did that it won't ever grow back and that's it.. needless to say I never cut the hair on any of my toys!  They were all precious to me.  Yes, my original ponies have play wear, but that's it.  I never purposely damaged them.  I do remember a little girl on my block who always gave all her Barbies/ponies bobs :(

I remember when I was REALLY little, maybe 5 or 6, my dad's best friend's daughter who was several years older than me decided flutter Yum Yum's tail was too long and cut it in half.  I went POSTAL, crying to my dad with the tail asking him to fix it, lol.  My original is somewhere floating around.. I'll have to give her a replacement tail when I find her sometime :)

*edit* I forgot to add that pets are also to blame!  My dog once bit the hand off my Sensations Barbie and chewed one of the sundaes from the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe.. so yes, it isn't always human chew-damage!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:04:56 PM by princessluna11706 »

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2012, 10:58:19 PM »
Dunno, I took care of all my toys too.  I didn't get new ones often, so I had to be nice to the ones I had.  I still have some ponies from when I was a kid that have their original curl.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal