collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any collectors here that are also horse people?  (Read 553 times)

Offline Queen Sophie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
Any collectors here that are also horse people?
« on: June 17, 2022, 11:48:01 AM »
It always made me think how many mlp collectors are actual horse people?

I’m a horse person myself, I grew up with g3 ponies when I was about 6-8, then took horse back riding lesson at 11 and got my own horse at 14! I’m thinking maybe mlp got me into horses as a start? Then my interest went on to real horses at 11

I wanna know if anyone here got into horses because of mlp or horses got into you into mlp! Or something different!
I also like to think if our favorite mlp characters were actual horses, how would they act based on their personality? Or what pony race would the horses I know be?

Also here’s a pic of my mare Luka with Firefly! (Also a kitty in the background!)
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Any collectors here that are also horse people?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 12:20:45 PM »
I'm a horse person.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 08:46:41 PM »
I'm a horse girl! I grew up with them through my mom and I've had a couple horses myself as an adult, taught lessons and guided trails for a little bit but it's been a long time since I've had a horse or even ridden one. Hopefully soon I'll get back into it!

My last horse was a Florida Cracker Horse named Justice (a cliche horse name if there ever was one), and his blaze was shaped like a sideways toilet lol
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 08:50:57 PM by serena-hime »

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 08:55:37 PM »
I'm actually not. I'm a HUGE animal person, but Horses and I do not click.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 09:37:07 PM »
I'm a horse girl! I grew up with them through my mom and I've had a couple horses myself as an adult, taught lessons and guided trails for a little bit but it's been a long time since I've had a horse or even ridden one. Hopefully soon I'll get back into it!

My last horse was a Florida Cracker Horse named Justice (a cliche horse name if there ever was one), and his blaze was shaped like a sideways toilet lol

He's beautiful

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 04:29:06 AM »
I love horses but I've never owned one. I've ridden several though. My niece is a big horse person and has four and they're all lovely and like me just fine :D

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 05:09:04 AM »
I'm a horse person, but can't afford to keep my own horse. ^^ I take lessons. I've liked horses as long as I remember. ^^
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 10:34:38 AM »
I have been loving horses my whole life. So toy horses were the logical toys to have.
As in sports I was active from age 12/13 until 35. Private things happened and priorities changed. But when I visit people with horses or see them on tv my heart jumps. At this moment I have no ambition to own a horse or ride/coach.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2022, 01:56:20 AM »
Another horse person here :) However, horses aren't an active part of my life anymore. I was a huge horse lover when I was little, I loved all sorts of horse toys. Took riding lessons until I was 15 or so, then as the riding school closed down and they sold all the horses, my family bought one of them because she was my Mum's favourite, too. :D The horse still lives, she's over 30 now, but I live 400 km away and only see her a few times a year. Mum takes care of her and I go visit her whenever I can. She isn't officially my horse anyway.

I'm not sure to what extent my love for MLP is connected with horses. This may sound like blasphemy but I was more consistently into Barbies & Barbie horses and Belvilles as a kid than MLP. :lol: I liked MLP when I was a bit younger, and I did enjoy watching MLP Tales. By the time G2 came out (okay maybe not 1997 but around 1999/2000), I had pretty much outgrown my ponies and moved on, but I found the "new ponies" pretty and my little sister and her friends were still playing with MLP so I joined them for a brief time. I had one G2 pony, Princess Silver Rain. But from that point on I was mostly just interested in real horses. I was reading horse books and comics, drawing horses, taking riding lessons, getting into hobby horses etc. Then I got hooked in fantasy literature and of course, unicorns were my favourite. :biggrin:

I "rediscovered" MLP when I was 17 and the rest is history. It's the nostalgia value paired with creativity that I love about this hobby (customs played a big part in drawing me into collecting). :heart:

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 12:00:37 PM »
I've always loved horses, and as a kid, MLP's were just among the many horse toys I was obsessed with. But being that I lived in the suburbs and horses weren't financially feasible for my family, I didn't own any or take formal lessons. But every summer I attended a horse camp or two, and I'd try to take informal lessons from my mom's friends with horses in exchange for barn chores.

In high school and college I was the most distant from horses (and much of myself, if we're being honest), but inevitably, after I met my now-husband, horses once again entered my life. Two years ago he took me on a trail ride for my birthday, and from that moment on, a new obsession blossomed. I started taking formal lessons for the very first time, and last Christmas my husband presented me with my very first horse - a 3 year old Gypsy gelding  :inlove:

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2022, 02:14:48 AM »
I'm a horse person :) I don't own my own horse, but when the stars eventually align in the future, I will ^^ I started riding again last year after having been away from horses for around 10 years. Best decision ever, and if I can help it, I'm never quitting again.

Right now, I'm riding an ardenner called Tyrann. He's such a sweetie, and loves speed. x)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2022, 07:33:43 AM »
Handsome boy

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2022, 10:07:27 AM »
I like a lot of animals but I've never been real big into horses. When I was like 5, I had a brief moment of thinking, "yeah horses are cool! ... But unicorns are better!" and have been into the more mythical horses ever since.  ^.^

Not having MLP as a child, I definitely was more in a "liked horses then MLP" situation.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2022, 02:29:07 PM »
I used to really love horses and was desperate for a horse of my own for a long time. I started riding lessons when I was 13 until I was 21 when my riding school closed and I stopped riding due to should problems.

My friend, very kindly, would let me help care for her horse when she was on holiday/working late/because she knew I loved her horse. I would hack out, but when horse was retired I would take her for walks, like a dog or just spend whole afternoons pampering her. Horse passed away 10 years ago now.

I have given up wanting a horse, I just don't think it is going to happen to me between money and health issues and the wanting so much hurt.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2022, 06:46:29 PM »
I was really into horses as a kid, had riding lessons for years and leased a horse for awhile in high school.  Did some riding my first year of college with the school's riding club (which was extremely small!), but then I was just too busy between classes and work study.  After that I haven't been able to afford any significant long-term horse access, ha ha.  Also the horse people I was around in college really put me off trying to be around horses, sad to say.  :( 
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal