collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Collections Goals for 2016?  (Read 6385 times)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
Re: Collections Goals for 2016?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 05:12:14 PM »
My top goal for 2016 is to get all my current collection cleaned up! I think that's pretty attainable, haha.

I have a few early G1 sets that I'm near completing, so I also wouldn't mind finishing those off in 2016 if I can manage it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 06:02:29 PM »
These are my goals other than any customs I feel like making to extend any of the collections I might have. Not that I'll have the money for all of this. I just like to have a number of targets.  :P

1. [pony photo collection] Catalog and photograph all of my ponies with a big emphasis on the display ones. I've started this but the longest and most tedious portion will be of the blindbags. I have far more than I was going to just starting with all of the boys, to each unique pose, to whatever interests me...  :lookround:

2. [boy pony collection] I want to get another Nirvana boy or two. Mexi Princes, Argie baby boy, that kind of thing. Maybe one of the Family Daddies if I can get lucky.

3. China stamped D. Sweet Celebrations. Gotta catch 'em all!  ;)

4. Get the other G2 guys. I have two of them and in super-good condition. I think that spoiled me while searching for the others...  ^^;

5. [winger collection] Get and install replacement wings for the two Argies I have. Maybe some custom ones for projects on regular ones as well.  :biggrin:

6. Get the other two Argie wingers. Whirly and Moonjumper shall be mine!  :shifty:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 10:41:46 PM »
I'd love to get as many ponies on my want list as possible. There are not many left, but they're almost all G1's and some of them are rare/ Nirvanas. I got outbid on 2 of them last week and got a little discouraged.

I want to finish organizing my office so I can get all my ponies here, then buy some Ikea Billy shelves and display the majority of them in the office. I'm making progress on this one, and plan to head back to my parents' house Monday to do some more organizing of all the pony bins they are storing for me. Maybe some more can even come home with me.

After that, it will be pony spa and restoration on my large collection, some of whom have not been cleaned since before I got them. That will definitely not be done in a year.

Throughout, I want to keep focused on why I love to collect, and not get caught up in buying ponies just because I don't have them.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2015, 12:43:04 AM »

I've been wanting to get some BILLY shelves myself for my collection to make a nice pony space (once I've settled into a new apartment that has more room in it.) They are just so nice-looking and can be made into corner-shelves for a clean look.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 07:02:50 AM »

I've been wanting to get some BILLY shelves myself for my collection to make a nice pony space (once I've settled into a new apartment that has more room in it.) They are just so nice-looking and can be made into corner-shelves for a clean look.

That's why I'm hoping they still have that line when I get my own place - or at least something comparable, like how they began the Kallax line as a comparable replacement for Expedit!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2015, 09:03:29 AM »
My goals for the past year were to:
-get every new character brushable pony, mini figure and Funko vinyl that I liked (without buying figures I wasn't fond of just for completion.)
-avoid buying the new FS ponies or other lines just because of the new characters
-not buy any random merch.
-fix all my ponies hair

I think I did somewhat well, given a major move/living space change that forced me to give up collecting Funko for space reasons and I only just recently started experimenting with hair washing/styling largely due to my ponies being in storage or having no permanent display space much of the year. The only extraneous merch. I bought was a $1 calendar and I've been very good about passing on ponies that are not within my goals. I'm only missing 1 mini fig. from my wishlist right now and I should have her before the year is out so I've been keeping up with releases just fine.

In 2016, I want to:
-continue working on hair styling (even though my brushables are in storage containers now and into the unforeseeable future and liable to get their hair jostled about anyway.)
-continue to only collect any new brushable and mini figure I like
-figure out a display/storage solution for my mini figures, possibly even downsizing them

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2015, 09:22:06 AM »
I have a few goals for 2016,

Obtain a minty wind whistler to finish my childhood heard

Go through the two huge boxes containing my collection and reduce them down. We moved recently and I want to get them out on display so basically if it does not have display room then up for sale it goes.

Get my sales going again

Add a few Nirana ponies to my applejack and cherries jubilee armies

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2015, 10:45:03 AM »
Sell the ponies I have had sitting in bins in my porch for 2+ years now
Get a proper cabinet/display with doors and dust control
Downsize the collection a bit more - back down to just gifts and childhood ponies!
Possibly, maybe, set aside enough "disposable income" to open a Paypal account
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2015, 07:54:07 PM »
My initial goal for 2015 was to sell off my collection except for my childhood ponies after taking a three year hiatus from anything pony related.  I failed that miserably and then some.  So for 2016, my goals are

1) not to BUY any mlp stuff this year except if I come across something in the wild with an unbelievable price tag

2) to get my collection out of their totes and on to my display shelves

3) put together a trade list of ponies I want

3) to sell or trade my extra ponies

The best part is that all of these goals are attainable; just some will require great discipline, while others, a little motivation. 

ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2015, 08:05:40 PM »
I'd like to get a MOC G1 next year. Crossing my fingers I can go to Fair and find one there. Maybe also take the plunge and get a more expensive pony like Munchy. I also ***must*** complete spa treatments for my childhood ponies and all the other less than pristine ponies I've acquired this year that just keep piling up!!

Offline Portobella

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Is it about my cube?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2015, 09:16:33 PM »
One of my goals for 2016 is to sell the ponies I've accumulated but am not particularly attached to. I would also like to complete my G3 want list - I only need the Peacock & Dandelion ponies, but they aren't the easiest to find :)

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2015, 02:26:38 AM »
 I would like to get the last few accessories and things I need to complete the North American collection, and organize the rest of my ponies and other collections. Since we've moved everything got all mixed up!

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Princess Lala

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2015, 05:34:42 AM »
Well,  keep telling myself every year to buy some blindbag shelves- but Hasbro keeps making more every year and I end up looking for a bigger shelf each year! xD I might have to cross off that on m list for now! So nooww:

-Complete current G4 Funko Glitters
-Find that gosh-darn Shine Bright Luna cheap and loose (set completer!)
-Find more G1's in the wild!
-NYCC Dashie Hikari must be mine at some point soon.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:12:24 AM by Princess Lala »

Emerald

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2015, 05:43:50 AM »
I just started collecting again after about 20 years, so I didn't have any goals this year beyond "get some ponies."  :lol: Next year I'd like to find some ponies in rough shape and rehab them. I'd like to possibly obtain some play sets for photos of my collection to post on the blog I am working on, too, but I'm not sure if that will happen in 2016 since the place where I'm currently living has limited space for things like that.

My ~reach for the stars~ goal would be to find Goldilocks and video Firefly. They are my ultimate G1 pony goals, as they basically WERE my childhood.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2015, 06:29:51 AM »
Two more Argie wingers and the remaining G2's I still need loose. Also I hope to find the accessories for the Playtime Brothers ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal