collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mint Flocked Magic Star PC?  (Read 324 times)

craftgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Mint Flocked Magic Star PC?
« on: April 22, 2015, 01:15:36 PM »
I came across a post that said she was worth about $25 deflocked?

Why so much deflocked v. flocked?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Mint Flocked Magic Star PC?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 01:50:26 PM »
Deflocked v flocked is a hard thing to explain. Some people will place no value on a deflocked version as the pony is no longer original. Some people hate the fuzzy version and will happily pay for the time and effort put into making the pony deflocked. Its not that dissimilar to people paying for a custom in some ways - you pay for the artists work.

It also goes in waves. Sometimes deflocks are not popular, sometimes they are going through a wave that can make them very desirable and therefore price.

Its just a classic case of something being worth what someone is willing to pay; and what one person may pay may be nothing like what someone else is willing to sell out. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
Re: Mint Flocked Magic Star PC?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 08:16:54 AM »
Deflocked v flocked is a hard thing to explain. Some people will place no value on a deflocked version as the pony is no longer original. Some people hate the fuzzy version and will happily pay for the time and effort put into making the pony deflocked. Its not that dissimilar to people paying for a custom in some ways - you pay for the artists work.

It also goes in waves. Sometimes deflocks are not popular, sometimes they are going through a wave that can make them very desirable and therefore price.

Its just a classic case of something being worth what someone is willing to pay; and what one person may pay may be nothing like what someone else is willing to sell out. 
I agree with you here. The price can vary depending on how popular either version tends to be at the time (however personally I find that US Magic Star is best left flocked) or how much someone is willing to pay for either type.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal