collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice on a trade  (Read 402 times)

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
Advice on a trade
« on: June 26, 2014, 03:22:43 PM »
About a year ago a friend and I decided to do a trade based on our hobbies (I was going to make him a chainmaille dice bag and he was going to rebind a book for me). We only see each other at a convention we both attend, so I knew going into it that it was going to be awhile.

I found out that he wasn't going to be able to make it to the con this year, so when I finished my half I messaged him on the forum for the con checking to make sure I had heard correctly and to see if he wanted me to send him the dice bag I made. I never got a response even though I have the read receipt that he looked at the message and he's logged into the forum since I sent the message. I sent him the pm over a month ago at this point, so I'm starting to get concerned.

I'm looking for some advice for how I should go about contacting him again. I get that he may not be done yet, which I'm fine with. The radio silence is what's getting to me. Should I bother messaging him? And what should I say? :/

Bumping this over to Trader Support for you~ :heart: PL
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:40:33 PM by ponylady »
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on a trade
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 02:36:47 PM »
Do you have another way to communicate with him other than through the forum system? An email address or perhaps even a cell number you could text him on? Just with a "not sure if you saw my message on x forum wanted to see where our trade was at" - gentle response at first. Also what about the forum you communicate on, does it have a trader support forum or perhaps even another general forum that you could do a public shout out to him to ask him to get in touch with you?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on a trade
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 03:28:17 PM »
We're friends on Facebook, but it doesn't appear that he ever logs onto it. The forum is a gaming one and does not have a trader support. My boyfriend might have his cell number. I suppose if he does I could try texting him. Thanks. :)
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal