collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Accidentally opened a case on ebay....  (Read 2047 times)

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Accidentally opened a case on ebay....
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:30:40 AM »
Ok, I am feeling really lousy right about now.  I had ordered something from ebay a couple of weeks ago and got no shipping confirmation (although apparently the seller HAD marked it as shipped).  Yesterday was a few days past the item's estimated delivery date, so I clicked on something that said "I have not received my item."  I thought that it would just message the seller and let her know, but instead ... it opened a case against her!  I felt really bad but I didn't close it right away ... I wasn't quite sure how, but also, I didn't want to close the case if there was a potential problem.  Well, the seller messaged me and seemed really concerned and wanted to know why I opened the case against her instead of simply contacting her.  I messaged her back, apologizing and closing the case.  I feel really bad about and I also feel really stupid.  Has this happened to anyone else before, or am I just a special breed of idiot?

If that seller is on the arena, I'm really sorry  :cry:

mylittleponylover92

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Accidentally opened a case on ebay....
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 07:40:19 AM »
Aw Im sorry to hear this! I'm sure it can happen to anyone and since you messaged apologising Im sure there's no harm done!

It isn't that clear so don't feel too bad at least you've explained the situation to the seller :)

All the best with your parcel arrival  :satisfied:

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 10:46:46 AM »
I've opened a case because I didn't receive an item and then received the item the same day--lol--so I felt pretty silly--like I overreacted and should have been more patient--but I just told the seller sorry I received it and I'm leaving good feedback and closing the case.  It all worked out.  We will just blame it on the post office and there inconsistent shipping times lol.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 06:22:39 PM »
Uh-oh!  I hope they arrive soon because you won't be able to re-open a case! 

All you can do is explain that Ebay had sent you an automated message and when you said you had not received the items by the delivery date, it automatically opened a case.  Ask her for the tracking number or a scan of the receipt; that might give you a time window of when to expect it. 

Any professional seller who takes Ebay seriously understands these procedures... they are irritating but they are there for a reason!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 04:47:12 AM »
I wouldn't feel bad svleonard, it happens. I am sure your seller was just a bit surprised is all.

I do hope your item arrives without incident though because LBS is right. If for some strange reason your item does not show, you will not be able to reopen the case. I am sure everything will be fine but that is just worst case scenario and that your aware.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 05:27:13 PM »
OMG I did the same thing the other day, the person responded ( after 2 weeks from the date I paid)that someone in their family died and *I* didnt contact them, um yah why is that my responsibility? I did my part by paying same day the auction ended.. Whether or not it was true i dont know but they sent my ponies the next day.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 07:23:05 PM »
I wouldn't feel bad svleonard, it happens. I am sure your seller was just a bit surprised is all.

I do hope your item arrives without incident though because LBS is right. If for some strange reason your item does not show, you will not be able to reopen the case. I am sure everything will be fine but that is just worst case scenario and that your aware.

I did get my item yesterday  :) It was shipping from Germany, so that's why it took longer than expected.  But I will be careful in the future about opening cases by mistake.

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 01:24:42 AM »
Uh-oh!  I hope they arrive soon because you won't be able to re-open a case! 

All you can do is explain that Ebay had sent you an automated message and when you said you had not received the items by the delivery date, it automatically opened a case.  Ask her for the tracking number or a scan of the receipt; that might give you a time window of when to expect it. 

Any professional seller who takes Ebay seriously understands these procedures... they are irritating but they are there for a reason!

I have never heard of this before. I have bought a few things of Ebay recently too and never once received a message asking if I got it and if not saying I should open a case.

Is this new or with every single item?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal