collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Chores- what do D:?  (Read 1594 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Chores- what do D:?
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:21:45 AM »
My mother is in the hospital for a week due to a hysterectomy and I was told to keep the house like I found it... Which is down right difficult when you don't have help but you have  a teen ager not helping.

So I've resorted to using plastic dishes and what not unless I'm cooking. My sister insists on tossing her things about (not alot, just enough to make the place look cluttered and untidy.) and leaving the lights on and windows open to attract all the bugs in the house... which I then spray and then they end up all dead all over the floor.

Anyway, point is- Give me a check list of chores to do to keep everything spick and span and shiny and clean! Our vaccum cleaner doesn't work so don't suggest that lol (I can't stand the sound of it anyway!)

So far I have is-

[ ] Sweep
[ ] Dishes
[ ] empty the bins
[ ] Make sure all the switches are off
[ ] the stove before and after use
[ ] wipe down all benches
    -[ ] Bathroom
    -[ ] Kitchen
    -[ ] laundry
[ ] check for expiry dates on food.
[ ] Clean linter catcher in dryer
[ ] Mop!
[ ] Clean shower and tub!
Anything I'm missing?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:39:07 AM by bagheera86 »

Offline bluemoondreams

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Chores- what do D:?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:32:22 AM »
how about mopping the floor. Disinfecting the kichen serfaces is always a good plan. I asume your gonig to clean the shower or bath tub and toilets too. How about doing the laundry for her.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 10:35:56 AM »
If you're doing laundry, be sure to clean out the lint catcher on for the dryer. It helps clothes dry faster. c:
Also if you have any Swiffer cleaning cloths, they're good for easy dusting!
This isn't necessarily on a typical to-do list for a clean house but... Be sure to change her bedsheets and pillow cases before she gets back. There is nothing better than coming home to nice clean bed sheets after being stuck in the hospital. :heart:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »
how about mopping the floor. Disinfecting the kichen serfaces is always a good plan. I asume your gonig to clean the shower or bath tub and toilets too. How about doing the laundry for her.

yes! laundry is being done tomorrow, and I'll be mopping as well, although I've been holding off on that since lately my sister is determined to track dirt/dead grass all over the place. it's like we've been growing grass in here, I'm afriad if I mop she'll come up and ruin all my work >_< :

Post Merge: April 20, 2012, 10:37:45 AM

If you're doing laundry, be sure to clean out the lint catcher on for the dryer. It helps clothes dry faster. c:
Also if you have any Swiffer cleaning cloths, they're good for easy dusting!
This isn't necessarily on a typical to-do list for a clean house but... Be sure to change her bedsheets and pillow cases before she gets back. There is nothing better than coming home to nice clean bed sheets after being stuck in the hospital. :heart:
she did that before she left, and I like to use the line for drying, but i'll make sure to clean the catcher anyway incase the weather turns nasty!

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 10:42:43 AM »
Make her take off her shoes at the door. :P

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 10:48:18 AM »
Make her take off her shoes at the door. :P

I try but I got the 'f off you ain't the boss of me' attitude, we even have a sign on the door and it's right beside our 'sales people go away- especially you telstra!  >B('. She murdered teh door mat with her boots and it was so wet and thick with grass I had to take it out and hose it... and I've been too lazy to go out and get it since >__>;

which is why I need a list. I'm lazy and can't think of these thing myself ._.;

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 10:48:53 AM »
you missed out cleaning the toilet :blush:

also wipe up any spillages in the fridge, especially milk! keep an eye on the fresh stuff like veg as it can go funny quickly (that goes with the eat by dates on the food)

i would keep a little shopping list as well, as soon as you run out of something write it down on the list (stick it to your fridge) so you can pick it up when you next want to go to the shops.

the paper plates is a good idea ;) i have done that in the past!!!

if you cook it is good to write a meal plan :) that way you can stick it on the fridge and it will remind of what to pick up from the shops and if you need to get anything out of the freezer it also stop of the dreaded feeling of "oh, i have nothing planned for tea" i have to do this as i can't eat fast food/take out due to being celiac :)

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 11:07:12 AM »
you missed out cleaning the toilet :blush:

also wipe up any spillages in the fridge, especially milk! keep an eye on the fresh stuff like veg as it can go funny quickly (that goes with the eat by dates on the food)

i would keep a little shopping list as well, as soon as you run out of something write it down on the list (stick it to your fridge) so you can pick it up when you next want to go to the shops.

the paper plates is a good idea ;) i have done that in the past!!!

if you cook it is good to write a meal plan :) that way you can stick it on the fridge and it will remind of what to pick up from the shops and if you need to get anything out of the freezer it also stop of the dreaded feeling of "oh, i have nothing planned for tea" i have to do this as i can't eat fast food/take out due to being celiac :)

love pkw xxx

yup the toilet goes with the bathroom cleaning! :D And I didn't think of veggies! I was worried about the dairy products! I'll write that down! the meal plans is a good idea, I've been eating alot of noodles and spinach lately, and tonight we went out for korean bbq so.. that wasn't healthy xD

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 02:55:39 PM »
Does she have any pets?

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 08:28:09 PM »
Does she have any pets?
No she doesn't, thank god.

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 08:46:04 PM »
Oh oh I thought of another one that happens in this house so often. Make sure you don't run out of paper towels or toilet paper!! It is so frustrating needing to wipe on a countertop or something up and then later on finding out that you only have a sheet left and it's your last roll...

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 09:00:45 PM »
Oh oh I thought of another one that happens in this house so often. Make sure you don't run out of paper towels or toilet paper!! It is so frustrating needing to wipe on a countertop or something up and then later on finding out that you only have a sheet left and it's your last roll...
we stocked up on those before mum left, but I will be buying some at work just in case! I learned that the last time she was gone xDD!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 10:33:25 AM »
ok, if you are doing laundry and have a dryer, *please* clean out the lint door every time you do a load.

Its a fire hazzard if you leave that filter full of lint!

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 10:49:47 AM »
If you have any plants don't forget to check if they need watering :)
-

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 08:23:54 PM »
If you have any plants don't forget to check if they need watering :)

*cartwheels* done mostly! A toad emerged from under the soil of one of the plants so I screamed and called it quits.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal